It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany does own poll, 75% crimeans wanted Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well,its taken it a year,but finally the msm has let out the fact that Crimeans WANTED to go over to Russia,just like Russia said.This was posted on Yahoo tonight.

news.yahoo.com...

I am glad that its finally out for all to see. Let the Crimeans have their way.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
Well,its taken it a year,but finally the msm has let out the fact that Crimeans WANTED to go over to Russia,just like Russia said.This was posted on Yahoo tonight.

news.yahoo.com...

I am glad that its finally out for all to see. Let the Crimeans have their way.

Well there's a good reason why the west financed a bunch of Nazi morons

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Of course they did.

75% of the population was Russian (or Russian at heart). This is what happens when you allow invaders on your soil. I have no sympathy for what happened in the Crimea. Almost have no sympathy for what's yet to come in Ukraine. And believe you me ... it's coming.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Very interesting. I wonder where Putin is willing to stop in Ukraine/where NATO is willing to draw a line as well? I hope cooler heads prevail.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

I have been hoping for cooler heads to prevail,but so far all I'm hearing is war talk. Crimea is gone,thats it. Ukraine is in a civil war that THEY need to deal with. Not the rest of the world. The more others step in,the worse it gets,and the more innocents die.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
if I lived in Crimea id rather be Russian than Ukrainian. Just like many Mexicans want to be US citizens.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Guess my stance on Crimea has been proven correct after all. Not that it was a reach to make that conclusion with previous attempts at independence. I think you will find the same think for Donetsk and Luhansk and everywhere else east of the Dnieper.

It will be interesting to see how the west will spin this rather upsetting (to them) bit of news. Denial,accusation and endless rebuttal. Let's hope they realize a lost cause and accept defeat as far as Eastern Ukraine goes. If anyone wants to relocate to the West I'm sure the Pro-Russian citizens will have no problem with that and even be willing to buy their properties at fair market value just as in Crimea.

Sucks to be on the wrong side of an argument I guess.

S&F Dimithae, Bishop of Babes in Bikinis! ook ook, ook ook oook

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
From your link,

"A far more rigorous survey, conducted on the ground in Crimea by two US professors working with the independent Levada Center in Moscow, arrived at nearly identical results."

This isn't news to anyone to be honest. Oddly the law in Ukraine was NOT followed to make this annexation legal. This is one of the bigger reason Putin is somewhat of an Idiot. If he would have not invaded but simply pushed for a referendum he would have got Crimea anyway. That way he would have avoided the Sanctions and deaths and Billions in capital that fled Russia.

Putin started a war he didn't have to start. Simply because it was easy and faster. That's what children do when they see candy. Or what men over 60 years old do when they see a gymnast 1/2 their age.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
75%...big deal, so what.

75% of Texans want to secede from the union. BUT what is the opinion nation wide? That is what matters. What matters is the % of Ukranians want to be a part of the USSR.
edit on 12-3-2015 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
From your link,

"A far more rigorous survey, conducted on the ground in Crimea by two US professors working with the independent Levada Center in Moscow, arrived at nearly identical results."

This isn't news to anyone to be honest. Oddly the law in Ukraine was NOT followed to make this annexation legal. This is one of the bigger reason Putin is somewhat of an Idiot. If he would have not invaded but simply pushed for a referendum he would have got Crimea anyway. That way he would have avoided the Sanctions and deaths and Billions in capital that fled Russia.

Putin started a war he didn't have to start. Simply because it was easy and faster. That's what children do when they see candy. Or what men over 60 years old do when they see a gymnast 1/2 their age.

Wait. Your saying that it is no surprise that a large part of Ukraine wanted to join Russia. The US and the west went on a HUGE campaign to shed light on... a technicality? You have been slamming Russia in any thread about Russia and many of your own, because Russia did not file the proper paperwork? I think there are many more pressing issues in the world, where people actually want the help of the west. Don't you?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
Crimea is gone,thats it.

By the way, Crimea as a part of Russia is going to be a problem for as long as Ukraine doesn't accept it. The EU and West has come down hard with Sanctions on any business supporting Crimea.

thehill.com...

Crimea will be a military base and nothing else...forever. I'm glad I've already visited cause it isn't getting better in my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
The US and the west went on a HUGE campaign to shed light on... a technicality? You have been slamming Russia in any thread about Russia and many of your own, because Russia did not file the proper paperwork? I think there are many more pressing issues in the world, where people actually want the help of the west. Don't you?

You call a full out invasion a 'technicality' and 'did not file the proper paperwork'. There are over 5,000 people dead and hundreds of thousands forced out of their homes. Your damn right I'll slam Russia for causing this!

I don't know why I reply to you. Your posts disgust me.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
75%...big deal, so what.

75% of Texans want to secede from the union. BUT what is the opinion nation wide? That is what matters. What matters is the % of Ukranians want to be a part of the USSR.

say what?

U.S. House Votes 98% to Donate U.S. Weapons to Ukraine; U.S. Public Is 67% Against. Is This Democracy?

LINK

I think the US government has an EXTREMELY focused moral compass that its own constituents do not fully understand.

The US, CAN, UK and others are meddling in Ukraine and we know that those who had some power want a lot more in the Ukraine would do well from western support. The west clearly wants to be involved in the Ukraine. There is no question that the west was and/or prepared to be heavily invested in the new Ukrainian government. The west had every reason to be involved - in some capacity - with the Ukraine elections. No brainer.
edit on 12-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The US and the west went on a HUGE campaign to shed light on... a technicality? You have been slamming Russia in any thread about Russia and many of your own, because Russia did not file the proper paperwork? I think there are many more pressing issues in the world, where people actually want the help of the west. Don't you?

You call a full out invasion a 'technicality' and 'did not file the proper paperwork'. There are over 5,000 people dead and hundreds of thousands forced out of their homes. Your damn right I'll slam Russia for causing this!

Your last post just suggested that 5000 dead had something to do with the Crimea election.

Those deaths came from a rogue government put in power and funded with money and weapons. The west being involved is a factor* no mater how you spin it and the west does not get involved unless there is something in it fpr the west.

You are purposely trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

I think in time they will work something out when they see that Ukraine isn't going to get Crimea back. At this point and this is IFFY, I am not saying its all true,but I am seeing videos start to crop up on you tube about violence in Kiev with Azov and Right Sector over Poroshenko trying to break up the battalions and merge them with others. I saw Azov attacking a General today,I don't know how true it all is,since I myself don't speak Ukrainian,but I have a feeling that Ukraine will end up fighting a war on 2 fronts,one in the east and one in Kiev. But we shall see.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I don't think it matters who is governing Ukraine...Poroshenko or someone else. They won't be able to agree to give up Crimea without getting violently booted out of office. Thus the government won't recognize Russia's annexation of Crimea. Thus the EU/US sanctions on Crimea will remain for a very long time.
edit on 12-3-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Could quite be right on that, will have to wait and see how this all plays out.
second line

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

They didn't invade Crimea they were already there! We've gone over this before. He mobilized the forces that were already there.

Your dog can't guard the property if he's locked in the shed!

Nobody died in Crimea! Not one single person! The killing didn't start in the east until Kiev sent forces and tried to take back Lugansk and Donetsk from the rebels. That's when the SHTF.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Damn I promised myself I wouldn't get sucked into these arguments again, but here I am beating my head against the wall.

Ok I'm going to do my best to walk away and let the, well let's just say the blue team, spew forth their ideology.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Ooook OOOk OOOOK OOOOK my friend

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join