It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the most important thing going on in the world to you right now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. This is a pretty straightforward question and I'm not looking for any specific answer. Whether your problems are personal or petty, most who find themselves on this web site have a problem with issues that extend beyond themselves.

Everyday we are barraged with information about our coworkers, friends, family and strangers. It could be this moment, this week or a problem you've been facing for a while. Let it out and you just might find the help you need.

My intention is not to pry into the lives of other members, but rather something more meaningful. We often forget when confronted with our own personal problems, the needs of others. We are inclined to take care of ourselves before another, but if some of us shared the same problem, could we possibly work together to resolve it faster?

If you knew a specific member felt a certain way about an issue, would you help contribute more to their cause? The question was designed to find certain similarities between members and their passion for exposing and discussing things happing in today's world.

So what's bothering you at the moment?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Nothing bothering me right now really.

But I have gave a SnF anyway, threads like this one are important, ATS is a community and as a community we should help each other out when we should so I think you should be applauded OP for even trying to help out your fellow members a little bit.

There is a lesson for us all to learn in this thread.

Thanks, I will keep a eye out to see if there is anything i can do to help anyone out!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Finding a job that caters to my mental health needs...

Not many people want to hire someone who hears voices all day...

& anyone who would so far would probably exacerbate the voices and thus my anger issues.

Tough world...

But many would trade their problems for mine in an instant...

So I'm blessed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Nothing bothering me right now really.

But I have gave a SnF anyway, threads like this one are important, ATS is a community and as a community we should help each other out when we should so I think you should be applauded OP for even trying to help out your fellow members a little bit.

There is a lesson for us all to learn in this thread.

Thanks, I will keep a eye out to see if there is anything i can do to help anyone out!

Other than people that do not create threads that is!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Not many people want to hire someone who hears voices all day...

& anyone who would so far would probably exacerbate the voices and thus my anger issues.

Tough world...

But many would trade their problems for mine in an instant...

So I'm blessed.

Can you not work for yourself?

That way if you have problems you can deal with them accordingly?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was thinking dinner.

Seriously though I have to say all the violence and warring which sadly enough is never ending. Fortunately for me it's a long way from where I am. It's like a bad dream you can't wake up from. I just wish it would end.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Any help for our friend Charlie here?

Do these voices inevitably control your actions? How about art or music? Throw everything you've got onto a canvas or maybe creative writing with a multiple personality twist?

While in construction, I've built bridges twice as fast under the name "Two Heads are Better than One".

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I don't have a trade or a business...

So not really buddy.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Yes I often write lyrics...

& add a second or third person perspective, instead of just a single "narrator"...

But I don't expect to make a career of such.

It is what it is I guess...

They don't control my actions as such...

But causing anger issues, I have lashed out because of them in the past.
Not because they "told me to"...

But more out of "paranoia" I guess...

Been about 3 years since that's happened, but I've not really been in a "pressurised" environment since to test if I have the ability to curb the anger, or if it's just subsided because I haven't been in a position that became "overwhelming".

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I don't have a trade or a business...

So not really buddy.

Why not find one then? I know a guy that had no trade and rang all the local plasterers and offered labour for free in return for a quick apprentiship, after a few weeks the guy was paying him after 4 months he was leaving him on jobs and paying him pretty well and after 6 months he was giving him jobs he could not do due to time.

He's a plasterer now and earning good money, better than most I know and is his own boss working to his own timeframe and ability.
You've got to be in it to win it sometimes and just have a go.

Grain of sand is a plasterer, I'm sure he will tell you it's just making stuff stick to walls in a smoothish fashion.
edit on 12/3/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It is what it is I guess...

Defeatist...

Been about 3 years since that's happened, but I've not really been in a "pressurized" environment since to test if I have the ability to curb the anger, or if it's just subsided because I haven't been in a position that became "overwhelming".

Sounds like you've been paying closer attention to your body ever since the last "incident". You're smart enough to realize your own potential and unfortunately must prove to those that enable our success that you are worth it. I'm going to agree with an earlier post and say create your own path. If I may, people like you make the best pioneers. Unless you see it in yourself, the chance will pass. Good luck.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thanks nonspecific, that's actually a very good idea...

I'm gonna look into that for sure.

My latest option was to look into rubbish collection...
Pretty laid back, nice manual work, bit of banter, early start and finish, good pay...

Thanks again!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

LoL kinda defeatist I suppose, but from my position more of a realist

Yeah I've got a desire to fight for work...
Always have.

Nobody should expect something to land at their feet...

Thanks a lot eisegesis... Kind words are much appreciated!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

something to bear in mind: there is no "cause" that we can take up on ATS that really does anything. What we do here at ATS is discuss things amongst each other to impact our psychology. Because, even with how big ATS is, the impact we make on the world with what we talk about here is minimal.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Are you a free and easy kind of guy with no real ties? if so I may have the job your looking for...

That sounds worse than it is and a little creepy! PM me for more info buddy.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

something to bear in mind: there is no "cause" that we can take up on ATS that really does anything. What we do here at ATS is discuss things amongst each other to impact our psychology. Because, even with how big ATS is, the impact we make on the world with what we talk about here is minimal.

I hope a few encouraging words, some personal experiences and maybe a few links could help some members gain a better perspective. Nothing more.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Yup. Its all about psychology, and the seeking of improvements therein.

ATS taught me how to think critically, how to focus my creative thought, among many other things. This site is critically valuable to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Are you a free and easy kind of guy with no real ties? if so I may have the job your looking for...

That sounds worse than it is and a little creepy! PM me for more info buddy.

LoL

Kind of, I'll contact you tomorrow matey.
Thanks a lot!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Not a damn thing, nothing is real and there is no way to tell what is real and what is a lie.

We are being led around like cattle treated like mushrooms. IMO

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Not a damn thing, nothing is real and there is no way to tell what is real and what is a lie.

We are being led around like cattle treated like mushrooms. IMO

How can we be led around like cattle and also treaded like mushrooms?

It has to be one or the other surely?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join