It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race is no longer a significant issue in modern Britain?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You make a very good point about the detrimental fact that many immigrants have shut themselves away and stand less chance of employment unless its in gangs. This side of immigration is useless, expensive and of no benefit to either the estates these gangs live on or anyone else.

The problem which no one wants to acknowledge is also made worse when you get generations upon generation living like this. We have a finite evonomy and jobs and extra people are a burden after natural retirement and replacement occurs. The manufacturing base which would have emplyed many thousands has gone so jobs unless you are educated or accept the low paid and part-time work offers no real future for many people coming here with high hopes.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7

You make a very good point about the detrimental fact that many immigrants have shut themselves away and stand less chance of employment unless its in gangs. This side of immigration is useless, expensive and of no benefit to either the estates these gangs live on or anyone else.

Its a very difficult social problem and Im at a loss on how to sort it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If these particular immigrants are shutting themselves away, and only working in gangs for unscrupulous employers, that means they aren't claiming benefits, right? Or is the argument that they are doing both?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
If these particular immigrants are shutting themselves away, and only working in gangs for unscrupulous employers, that means they aren't claiming benefits, right? Or is the argument that they are doing both?

They need to be in gainful employment.

Gangs or welfare queens. Both are detrimental to society.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yes, just what we need, a white, rich, heterosexual, British, Christian man telling everyone else that they don't need protection from discrimination that "doesn't exist".

This guy wouldn't know discrimination and racism if it walked up and smacked him in the face (and I really hope it does), he's the last person who should be lecturing the rest of the country.

The thing that worries me right now is that all this Clarkson rubbish in the news along with Farage is radicalizing a lot of truly ignorant people further to the extreme right.

People are so dense they don't understand how all this starts, and how it all feeds off of itself.

It starts with someone claiming it's "common sense" and "political correctness gone mad!!!!!" and ends with Mosques being fire bombed, anti-gay laws being enacted and entire communities becoming victims of an ignorant majority of fools who don't know the first thing about politics and voted for these lunatics out of childish spite.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Eloquently put!
I am thinking the exact same thing, I just couldn't word it.
STAR for u.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Not if both groups are putting the few pennies they actually get right back into the local economy. If they were legit workers, they'd likely be earning too little to be taxed anyway, so it's only if they are receiving benefits they are actually costing us anything. UK-born residents aren't going to go out in gangs picking cockles.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

As an Englishmen on a small island, I have never been asked if I wanted my culture to be turned into - as the Columbian leader commented on this subject - a salad.

Well, as another man of mixed English, Scottish and og knows what came before them blood, living on that same small island, I'm glad you weren't asked.

How typically leftist, we wouldn't want free speech for anyone disagreeing with us would we?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: judoka

Any right that is free is only worth what you've paid for it.

edit on 12-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I would say that this is utter rubbish.

Farage would say things like this, and can, with a straight face, because he is about as much of a man of the people, as I am a member of the landed gentry, that is to say, not at all. If he really WAS the sort of fellow to hang around in local bars, and listen to regular folk talk, he would be aware of two things. First, the propensity of poorly educated, and indeed, mentally insufficient knuckle draggers to bemoan ANY difference between one individual and another (including persons of different races, creeds, political beliefs, sexual orientation, gender preference, and musical influence for that matter), and the fact that those who are NOT rated as having an IQ equivalent to that of a coal scuttle, tend to get shouted down when they argue against this tedious, unsavoury, and entirely invalid bias.

They tend to get shouted down successfully when making the point that actually, immigration, and its ability to diversify population dynamics in healthy ways, is often overlooked, both in the historical context, and indeed in contemporary politics.

They very rarely get to go on to say that the main problem touted by idiots like Farage, of foreign folk taking our jobs and living on benefit, has rather more to do with population engineering on the part of our governments of successive generations, for the purpose of speeding up the deliberate destruction of strong unions in this country over the last forty years, than it does about anything else.

Furthermore, they NEVER get to finish destroying the argument of the common or garden Chelsea FC fan club member, by explaining that the cost to the taxpayer of having all these different people around, is both smaller than we are told (because the figures are cooked with the express purpose of dividing people on the issue), and that we could well afford the cost, if every government department from the NHS, to HMRC was not being fleeced by private companies with whom they have supply contracts, contracts which are written to vastly benefit the private company, while utterly embuggering the government and the taxpayer, all at once. This means that the period at the end of the sentence, the full stop is never added to the commentary from the sensible pub patron, who would state that those same private companies do all their banking off shore and pay little or no tax, despite over charging government departments for both goods and services, to the tune of three hundred percent or more, which would rather bring the matter to an informative, and utterly final close.

Of course these arguments fall on deaf ears, or are never quite uttered, because some brainless nostril miner will normally make so much noise, and cause such a stink when their narrow, ignorant, foolish, xenophobic paradigms are threatened by the truth, that even the most determined fan of reality will be tempted to finish their beer, leave the bar, and go home to sit in meditation about the parlous state of the national psyche, rather than make the effort to educate the poor unfortunate saps, with whom they had been drinking previously.

Now me, I take the view that it is worth getting into the occasional bar brawl, just to make sure that the truth is heard on occasion, and thankfully it has, as of yet, failed to get me into any trouble from which I could not extricate myself without either committing an offence, or getting my face kicked in. However, for Farage to make such a statement as the one quoted in the OP, is absurd.

The police certainly do not treat all persons equally, no matter their ethnic background. The security services CERTAINLY do not. Employers, taxi drivers, publicans, all manner of people form opinions on individuals, based not on their merits as a human being, an individual, but on their membership of a particular demographic first, and that has not changed. The probability of violence being enacted against folk who are considered to represent some sort of "otherness" has decreased somewhat over the last decade and a bit, that is true.

But to say that race is no longer an issue, is the statement of a person who has no connection with the word on the street, which for Farage is just as well, because the word on the street is that his cluelessness will be his undoing!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Who the heck is Nigel Farage?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

He is the leader of UKIP, the UK Independence Party. This party is Euro-skeptic, and so right wing that it appears to have a genetic deformity, resulting in the tendency to topple over, due to its skewed and asymmetrical stance on everything, but mostly immigration.

If the BNP is too low rent, and the Conservatives aren't enough of a set of bastards to suit a voter, then UKIP are the party of choice. Personally, I would like to claw open Farages head with a claw hammer, just to figure out how a man with a Gluon for a brain can work out how to buy such nice suits, while claiming to head the only party which respects the ideals of common people.

He is also a HUGE hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

He's the only politician whose name rhymes with "garage." For that alone he is a national treasure.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
British jobs for british people...

British jobs for people born on british soil...

High percentage of British youth currently unemployed because employers think there worthless...

Mass immigration over the past 10-15 years of people who have taken up both skilled and unskilled jobs...

Leading to the high unemployment of british youth we are seeing today...

Golly gosh, that farage guy is like hitler back from the dead eh?

Sounds like a reasonable policy to me. Also sounds like it would put an end to positive discrimination. Also, are you aware how bad it is for us as a country to be plucking skilled workers, such as nurses from other countries? I think africa needs those doctors/nurses and as for us - We have enough of native population to train our own skilled workers and yet we dont, now why is that?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

High percentage of British youth currently unemployed because employers think there worthless...

They've made themselves worthless by deeming themselves above the jobs that most migrants will do.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

They've made themselves worthless by deeming themselves above the jobs that most migrants will do.

You're blaming the youth for their position in our society and not the inept school systems that have been sabotaged by the government to teach them enough to pass ridiculous exams?

Yes yes, you're right, it's THEIR fault there in that boat. Very logical thinking there

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And also, that stupid middle-class BS blanket statement "They do the jobs you wont" is total and utter BS and is the equivalent of screaming that someone is a racist because they're not on board with letting thousands of people into this country without batting an eye lid.

An average factory job pays a living wage in this country and overtime can come in abundance. Last time i checked, people follow the money and yet you walk into any factory in this country and you'll find half the staff are polish - Coincidence?
Did british people just magically become lazy once the polish started coming to the UK?

I have a suggestion for everyone who keep's trying to pull the racist card as soon as UKIP is mentioned, Get off your high horse, take off your rose tinted glasses, dig a hole and bury your ignorance - Mass immigration has destroyed white working class communities and its been a very serious issue that is often brushed aside as just the ignorant concerns of the poor.

Middle class people dont see the migrants unless there cleaning your toilets at your place of work, providing a taxi service or even working in a coffee bar. That's all they see of them and they think its wonderful. They know sweet FA about the effects of immigration, Not a jot the stresses that puts on public services such as council housing and doctors surgeries, school's even.

I wont be voting UK come this election but im getting pretty tiring of people calling it a racist party, you clearly havent been present in this country for the last 10-15 years.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It might not concern modern British People.

You think the Queen, her "pure" bloodline and fellow royal faces, don't differentiate race/culture?

Good old British, they are parallel from the true British race, who coin themselves "Royalty".

Every country and city in the developed world is a mixed soup of genetics. No wonder this weirdo would say race is no issue.

The soup is the soup, the Royals feed off (with some tea to wash it down of course)

Excuse me, but I don't see how such crap makes "news"..

We are a genetically-mixed species who is bored to death I guess, anything is news these days.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Shiloh7

totally unbothered and will still, after having read everything uttered on here, be voting for Nigel alongside a lot of other people if the polls already held are anything to go by.

I think he may have a point in Kent.

I live in Medway. I have never seen any racism. We all seem to get along and minority hold all different jobs.

My issue is that it may be different elsewhere in say east London or Birmingham.
I dont think everywhere is maybe as colour blind. YET.

You use the term colour blind - why? being from a different nationality has nothing to do with the colour of your skin. I'm of mixed descent, Irish and Polish - if Farage had had his way two or three generations ago I wouldn't exist would I? Too many Poles, no matter what their contribution was (paraphrasing UKIP head, not my own opinion).

He even said on mid day news today that this isn't about race, it should be about an employer being able to choose an English person to a job rather than a Polish person - erm......... merit, ability to do their job?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Double stars!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join