It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants demand safer ways to cross the border into United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You really think everyone that came over on a boat was 'legal'

If we can't stop it now you think we stopped it then?

Also the system was a little different then too.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I don't know why people in the southwest put up with this. I'm in the north and if Canadians tried runnign across the border we'd use them for target practice. Last week an illegal Chinese guy was caught crossing frozen Lake St Clair. He was 8 miles out in the frozen lake and had been lost for 2 days before the coastguard caught him. It made big news around here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They're called border crossing checkpoints. Get your # together before coming over and it should be a breeze getting through, once you get through, head to the nearest place you can request an application for American citizenship or a work visa.

Better yet, stay in your own country, and try to fix the mess there instead of abandoning your home to come crap in our nest.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So what..vdo they want us to invade so we can control the railroad... Or forcibly take control of airports so we can fly them in.

Cause that about the only way it will happen...since I doubt the cartels are going to give up the cash they make.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I guess minefields are totally out of the question then.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You mean Obama has not installed a FREEDOM train from the tip of South America right to San Diego yet.

OH wait, he has another year and a half...plenty of time.

IN YOUR FACE AMERICA !!!! Obama is base building...what you goanna do about IT ???????

Headem up move mm out TAXXXXX PAYERRRR !!!

Sorry for the cynicism.

edit on 12-3-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Soon there will be Obama trains that guarantees safe passage and amnesty and the end of the line. ....come on to our well guarded train , and we will get you to your new home and start getting you some money and benefits. ( but remember that you owe me one
)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: kevinp2300

this country started with LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. It didnt start by illegal ones. I get so tired of that half truth about them being the same as legal ones. A felon is a felon is a felon.

Give em green cards but not citizenship.

I don't know if the Native Americans that were living in North America at the time would agree with that.

I get what you're trying to say -- that the Europeans that came here weren't some kind of fugitives. I just wanted to point out that we kind of did invade an entire continent already inhabited by other people.

Well MM according to stuff ive posted before evidence suggest the"native americans" were not actually innocent and they themselves were not the first here. search for this on google national geographic says Native americans not first to live in North america.

Also Legally there was no law back then defining legal immigration to the colonies back then. They didnt have a immigration law then.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Very true. I was just speaking from the immigrant side of it. I always wondered the proper way we should have handled colonization in the 1700's. Should we have not come at all?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You really think everyone that came over on a boat was 'legal'

If we can't stop it now you think we stopped it then?

Also the system was a little different then too.

The first significant federal legislation restricting immigration was the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act. Individual states regulated immigration prior to the 1892 opening of Ellis Island, the country’s first federal immigration station. New laws in 1965 ended the quota system that favored European immigrants, and today, the majority of the country’s immigrants hail from Asia and Latin America.

As to your question bout can we stop it? Yes we can. we have done so before with the chinese. It takes the political will and cruelty to be kind attitude this country lacks these days. And for legality? Well at the time of colonial immigration there were no laws against immigrating here. When the US became a country we didnt have them like we do now,but along th eline somewhere we had laws passed and we expect them to be followed.

If they cannot be followed or respected the felons do not deserve anything from us but a return ticket home. Oh but they just want to be free. Well they can be free. free to stay in mexico or come legally by getting a green card. If they tress pass they deserve no sympathy.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Those 'sources' you mention, discuss earlier groups of people who came over from the land bridge over at the bering strait.

Source

As per National Geographic from 2003, the first Americans may have been folk from SE Asia.

Further studies, from 2013, would indicate that Native Americans share common ancestry with Europeans.

At the end of the day, that would not really matter, considering the massive difference in time frames of the above migrations.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Time frame shouldnt matter though. they claim they were originally from here when evidence suggest they came from europe too. They dont ever mention that. Their children later on BECAME native when they were born though and that reminds me of the palestinians a bit.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The obvious solution would be for them to make their own countries more comfortably inhabitable so they didn't feel the need to escape to a perceived better life.

I guess they either don't know how, or are helpless to do so. Very frustrating situation.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Time frame shouldnt matter though.

But it does though.

If you came to a country that didn't have residents, 40 thousand years ago, and your ancestors populated the landscape, by themselves over the course of the next 30 thousand, then does it really matter that where they originated from?

Given the absurdly long time frame?

You can't compare the Palestinian issue because that occurred over a few generations, not thousands of years. Even if you did bring it back to 3000 years ago, that would still be 27 shy of what happened in North America.

Let's be honest, with that the logic you're using, the only people who can lay claim to any piece of land are the the ones who migrated out of Africa and to the rest of the world, over thousands of years. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Personally, like I stated above, if your people spent thousands of years populating a certain area, then you have the right to claim yourself as native to the area.

Period.

~Tenth
edit on 3/12/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

What i mean with my previous post is that the reason time frame should not matter was their original point they came from.

My palestinian comment was just a similiarity about How peopel become NATIVE to a area. The first generation of them were not natives but were refugees from surrounding arab countries,BUT NOW their offspring ARE natives. Call it a sped up version of the way the NA's came to america.

Anyway The point is They were not under Immigration law. Were getting off topic. During their times we didnt have a law for immigration. now we do. I know its tough out there but thats no excuse to break the laws of another country. If a US citizen did what they do we would be arrested for trespassing or spying and invading a country. When they stop doing that i will change my view on them breaking the laws to get here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Subsequent migrations of people into N. America generally interbred with the established population. Any skirmishes over land were very small and didn't involve relocation of entire familial groups onto "reservations".

Imagine if an advanced alien species showed up tomorrow and claimed that they'd been to Earth before modern man evolved, so this technically is their planet. Would they be justified in rounding up humans and putting them into reservations, and even using biological warfare to defeat us?

I guess manifest destiny and European technological advances justified colonizing N. America, displacing an established culture.

EDIT: The biggest point I want to make is that we were all immigrants at some point. And it wasn't until fairly recently that laws existed to define the legality of it.
edit on 12-3-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
From what I can see in Mexico, there's plenty of resources on the ground for them all to live well. It's just the distribution of those resources is so skewed to just a few living opulent life styles while most of the population have next to nothing. The whole thing could be sorted out with another revolution. Though, I'm afraid that most down there just haven't got what it takes to do it. IOW, they could solve their own problems if they really wanted to, they've just gotta do it and soon! Just my take
Arjunanda. a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The sooner the average American stops viewing all these innocent people as animals or criminals the better off everyone will be.

You should be damned PROUD that so many people want to flee to your country for a better life. You should be MARVELING at the notion that so many thousands of people would risk their lives to get there.

Instead, too many people dismiss these other people as "criminals" to be punished and abused, ignored or attacked, as though they have done anything wrong other than want a better life for themselves and their children.

We have the same attitude in the UK unfortunately, with many UKIP types happy to brand anyone "not one of us" as less deserving of respect, or able to be dehumanized to such a degree that we simply forget they are our equals.

This notion that someone is better or more deserving because they happened to pop out of a vagina in the USA rather than South America is a complete and utter nonsense.

People need to stop building walls around their countries and dehumanizing anyone who wants to cross that border, and start asking WHY those people NEED so desperately to do so. Nothing is going to change unless we shift our focus from attacking those who've done nothing wrong, to preventing the things that cause them to want to run to begin with.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

So since there was no laws then that means they did it legally?

Kinda exactly my point, it was a free for all for a bit, if you could make it over you could stay.
Let's make some rules that the people that founded this nation didn't have to follow and demonize those that don't.
Those that founded this nation did so to escape a nation that they were not free in right?

/shrug

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So since there was no laws then that means they did it legally?

Kinda exactly my point, it was a free for all for a bit, if you could make it over you could stay.
Let's make some rules that the people that founded this nation didn't have to follow and demonize those that don't.
Those that founded this nation did so to escape a nation that they were not free in right?

/shrug

Times change and laws should reflect thoso changes its not hypocritical to actually make sure someone is supossed to be here. Sure it will give you happy feelings but its still wrong to infiltrate a countrys borders knowingly breaking the law.

And they are well aware of the law since they avoid the Border patrol and law enforcement like the plague. Not trying to demonize anyone but the law is the law. They could be saints and have glowing halos but if they come in illegally they should be turned away.OR given a green card and a tracker to keep track of them while here. they do not deserve to be rewarded for just making it here.

We have to follow th e laws they should be made to do the same. If you do not agree to that you are a anarchist who dont care about the law or constitution.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join