It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants demand safer ways to cross the border into United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Fair is fair and we all have our rights under the equal protection act !!

Apparently some people desiring to get into America have concerns about the safety issues with trains.

Other problems could be things like robbery, murder, rape and captive slavery.

I think most of these dangerous things exist in Mexico "en route"

I wonder if somebody has lawyers on retainer?

* Migrants demand safer ways to cross the border into United States *

MEXICO CITY, Mexico - After risking their lives in the hopes of making it into the United States, migrants from Central American are demanding safer ways to cross the border.

Thousands of immigrants jump on a freight train called the "La Bestia" -- which means "The Beast." and the name holds true meaning.

Along the route many will end up either losing their limbs or being killed as a result of falling under the wheels.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

After risking their lives in the hopes of making it into the United States.

I assume they mean illegally?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Well, course they are!

The radical Islamists crossing along with could be, by some, mistaken for migrants de Mexico and who wants THAT these days, huh??

edit on 1426130874Wednesday31Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:27:54 -0500pmWednesday27101031 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

Well they could be legal or illegal riding La Bestia...

It's one of the only options along the way, maybe the only option if memory serves me correctly.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yep, It do appear dangerous ... on the Mexican-Side:

Breibart-Texas - Current-News

-
OBSERVATION:

Nobody said: ... 'Red-Rover, Red-Rover Come-On-Over'.

( but if one-or-more did? ... those individuals would be to blame. )

edit on 11-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

My knowledge of the immigration process is not that great, but the word "hope" to me implies illegally.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

If that is not enough of a risk, if you make it alive, you still have a chance of getting caught and arrested.

During a protest Monday, more than a dozen people in attendance had lost a limb in their attempt to cross the border.

They say it should not be that dangerous and are calling for safer alternatives.

Looks like.

So we are now being asked to provide illegal immigrants with safer passage.

Honestly I'm a little torn on the issue. I don't want people getting hurt, robbed or killed, but I don't think the US should give them a safe little train to come here illegally. Hows about making it harder to get on this train?

I remember a thread about people leaving watering stations along the border so migrants didn't die or get dehydrated. I was pissed about it until someone came along and posted something to the effect of "I've been without water and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy".

I in no way want a flood of illegal immigrants coming to the US, but I certainly don't hate or wish harm on those individuals that try coming here for a better life. They don't get cushy jobs, they get jobs that are looked down on and that's a vast improvement for them and their families back home. I have a great deal of respect for the majority of these folks who just want to improve their lives, and the lives of their loved ones, and sacrifice a ton to come here. I don't particularly want them to come here, I'd rather they could have enough in the countries they come from, but they are human beings and I can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if I was in that situation.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Na they have passports from Saudi, they fly first class over.

And like Charlie said, are we sure these are only the ones crossing illegally? Not much in the source article.

Eta: so it does look like it is for those doing so illegally, pretty sure this is meant for Mexico not us though.
edit on thWed, 11 Mar 2015 23:00:57 -0500America/Chicago320155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

That's an understandable take away...

But I think "hope" actually refers to how dangerous La Bestia actually is...

Saw a documentary about it recently, the fact that people even attempt such a journey tells me whatever they're fleeing in Mexico must be as insidious as it can get.

I'd only take that journey if I was fleeing certain death, kidnap or rape...

& even those are not unheard of when making the journey.

Crazy s#.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

nm I'm just blind.

edit on thWed, 11 Mar 2015 22:58:59 -0500America/Chicago320155980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I have an idea, don't come.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I agree with everything you said until the first part of the last sentence.

I don't particularly want them to come here

I think there are enough "low end" jobs and opportunity for them to become productive citizens and better their lives. After all, wasn't that how we started this country? A lot of my friends I went to school with are immigrants and they worked their arses off to make something of themselves. We obviously need a better immigration system to figure out who can come/who cannot. Our government knows this and that is why they leave opportunities for them to enter.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Well if you're invited, why not expect a safe way to enter?

I think we're living in the theater of the absurd. I'd like to say this has only been for the last 6 years, but in all honesty, it's felt that way since 911. Even when Clinton was president, knowing he was who he was, I still felt some sense of normalcy in our republic. I no longer feel as if we're living under the same Constitution or even have so much as a two party system (not that it was all the great before). During the Clinton years, he and congress worked things out no matter whose neck was on the chopping block. (Clinton or Newt) Now, it really seems as if there's only one agenda and both sides are dragging us into some black hole.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but when I think migrants I think people coming here to do a job and then returning home. If that's the case then I believe they should have a safe way of getting here and returning home, at their employer's expense.

But if migrant is the new codeword for illegal immigrant, I would suggest charter flights to a country where they will be welcome, like the Vatican. Maybe the Vatican could finance them, they've got the money.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm sure some employers would jump at the chance to build a yellow brick road
with other peoples money.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I wonder if somebody has lawyers on retainer?

i can see it now,

Attention Undocumented Immigrants.
have you or a loved one experienced unsafe travel conditions on your journey to come into the U.S.as a Undocumented Immigrant.
unsafe travel conditions could result from, but not limited too
robbery, murder, rape and captive slavery. other unsafe conditions are falling off the train and loosing life or limbs.
some Undocumented Immigrants have experienced these from riding the freight train called the "La Bestia".
if you or a loved one has suffered any lose due to one of these conditions, give us a call.

you maybe entitled to a large financial reward.

Documented Immigrants may also qualify.

i am a non attorney spokes person, all information is a factitious and presented as a advertisement for legal services

all of this is narrated by a woman using a phony-baloney sympathetic tone.

edit on 11-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I think there are enough "low end" jobs and opportunity for them to become productive citizens and better their lives.

I think there are too many Americans that think having everything paid for by the state is less demeaning than scrubbing a toilet or raking a lawn.

I also think that the influx of illegals is a huge drain on our taxes. Again, I don't fault them, but I don't think the answer to our economic woes is encouraging more people to come here, legally or not. Especially when there is a tendency for them to not pay taxes but partake in services taxes provide.

I went to school with are immigrants and they worked their arses off to make something of themselves.

Are you from the US? I don't know anyone who says arses. It doesn't really matter either way, just wondering.

People from South America work their asses off. At least the vast majority from what I've seen. No question.

Way back in the day I worked construction. One of the guys I worked with was this wonderful character from Mexico. I can't quite remember what we were doing, I think building a retaining wall. The boss told us we couldn't leave until it was finished and this guy started complaining, saying we'd already worked all day, busted an incredible amount of ass and wanted to go home.

Boss sizes him up, then goes "Damn't, you're starting to sound more like a f-ing white guy every day!". We all lost it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I think there are too many Americans that think having everything paid for by the state is less demeaning than scrubbing a toilet or raking a lawn.

I ask this ? with an open mind..What will the state have to pay for if an illegal immigrant works hard/supports their family and does not cause trouble? To me this person is more productive than a lot of Americans who are legal citizens and grew up with a feeling of entitlement w/o working hard.

Are you from the US? I don't know anyone who says arses. It doesn't really matter either way, just wondering.

Yes lol...I am tired of being censored for cursing, so I thought I would piggyback off of the brits and say arse. You obviously proved that the word can be used so ty for that.

Just don't forget where this country started. My grandparents are immigrants and were given a chance, I would hate to take away the same chance for others. Bottom line is that the system needs to be reformed to properly screen who can come in. I agree that the numbers should be reduced. How to do that is the ?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

this country started with LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. It didnt start by illegal ones. I get so tired of that half truth about them being the same as legal ones. A felon is a felon is a felon.

Give em green cards but not citizenship.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

this country started with LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. It didnt start by illegal ones. I get so tired of that half truth about them being the same as legal ones. A felon is a felon is a felon.

Give em green cards but not citizenship.

I don't know if the Native Americans that were living in North America at the time would agree with that.

I get what you're trying to say -- that the Europeans that came here weren't some kind of fugitives. I just wanted to point out that we kind of did invade an entire continent already inhabited by other people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join