It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrowland: How Silicon Valley Shapes Our Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Just Uber alone has been valued at $41 billion, not much less than Germany's largest financial institution, Deutsche Bank.
But Uber isn't the only company with ambitions of taking over the world. That's how they all think: Google and Facebook, Apple and Airbnb -- all the digital giants along with the myriad smaller companies in their wake.

Their goal is never a niche market; it's always the entire world. But far from being driven by delusional fantasies, their objectives are often realistic, made possible by a potent cocktail unique in economic history: globalization combined with digitalization.

Very Very good Read. I thought many would like it so decided to post.. Enjoy
www.spiegel.de...

edit on -05:00Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:57:46 -050057v57WednesdayAmerica/Chicago8America/Chicago11 by PrivilegedPeasant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PrivilegedPeasant

effing Tomorrow land. I still have MONSANTO tattooed on my brain.
edit on 11-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I read this article yesterday and it does tie in nicely with this thread, well worth a read, ''Feudalism, capitalism and corporatism: How the corporation is changing the world'':

Almost every sector shows a history of increasing concentration. The banana sector, for example, saw the top three US corporations Chiquita, Dole and Del Monte which in 1972 had 54 percent of the global market move to 66 percent in 2007. The top five banana corporations control 86 percent of the global production and consumption of bananas. Statistics from the USA show how fast this process is moving. In 2002, the top 10 banks controlled 55 percent of all US banking — today that figure is 77 percent. In 1983 — 50 media corporations controlled most of the news in the USA — the same news is now delivered by six corporations. Japanese corporations have always had quasi-monopolies internally despite the attempts to break up their internal empires after 1945. Japanese and Chinese corporations have developed regional spheres of power rather than global but this situation is changing fast.

philosophersforchange.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I can understand it with the major players like Apple, Facebook, and Google, but frankly, I'm blown away by the fact that Uber would be valued at $41 billion. I live in a fairly large city (one of the top 30 in the U.S.), and if it weren't for tech blogs, I wouldn't have ever even heard of Uber.

new topics

top topics

join