It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO reincarnation, " FOR YOU."

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Actually is the believe within those that believe in reincarnation that once the soul achieve maximum enlightening it will stop reincarnating, sadly for the exile Dalai lama he may have achieved that enlightening and is sure that he will no come back again.

But somebody else will take his place.

edit on 11-3-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Guten Tag- It was The Great Buddha who said "If You see the Buddha on the road kill Him..." Because He has already melded back to whence We came, and ALL those He knew/Knew Him have either travelled on or re-incarnated.. Like Me and You, the "other Me"...

This is covered in the book "The Tibetan Book Of Living and Dying" -Rimpoche

And also 'The Tibetan Book of The Dead".

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

But not the great buddha who made the quote eh? He meant the buddah after him right? lol. Interesting quote.
it sounds extremely hypocritical.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Dalai Lama 'profanes' Buddhism by doubting his reincarnation, says China

Say what?

www.smh.com.au...

Beijing: Exiled Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama is profaning Buddhism by suggesting he will not be reincarnated when he dies, the Chinese-appointed governor of Tibet said on Monday, in some of China's strongest comments to date on the subject.

Tibetan Buddhism holds that the soul of a senior lama is reincarnated in the body of a child on his death. China says the tradition must continue and it must approve the next Dalai Lama.

But the Nobel peace laureate, who fled his homeland in 1959 after an abortive uprising against Chinese rule, has said he thinks the title could end when he dies.

Is this a joke?

Why do you care? This is a serious question.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

im gunna go on a whim and say this is a current event? I know im not the OP. But did you really have to ask him?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

why do you care?

I don't understand the question.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

im gunna go on a whim and say this is a current event? I know im not the OP. But did you really have to ask him?

thank you,

BTW I am a she

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'll pass on a redo as well. Hopefully don't have to suffer this nonsense again.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

why do you care?

I don't understand the question.

If you don't understand that very direct and very simple question no amount of explanation is going to help.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So what? Is everyone interested in every single "current event" that appears on the internet? Certainly not.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I thought it was a joke at first and when I found out it was true, I thought it was interesting.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

So what? Is everyone interested in every single "current event" that appears on the internet? Certainly not.

I thought this was an extremely important statement made by his holiness.

You don't think this is interesting?

sinosphere.blogs.nytimes.com...

Chinese Communist Party leaders are deathly afraid that the Dalai Lama will not have an afterlife. Worried enough that this week, officials repeatedly warned that he must reincarnate, and on their terms.

edit on 063131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
China says it's ready for discussion with Dalai Lama except on Tibet's freedom

www.firstpost.com...

"We hope that the Dalai Lama's visits will not affect the development of the good relationship between China and relevant countries," Zhou said.
He also said the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama has to be endorsed by the Chinese government and branded the Tibetan monk's call for ending the long tradition of appointing the top cleric of Tibetan Buddhism through reincarnation after his death, as a "dual betrayal" of his motherland and his faith.
"The reincarnation of the Dalai Lama has to be endorsed by the central government, not by any other sides including the Dalai Lama himself," Zhou said reiterating criticism made by another Chinese Tibetan official Padma Choling two days ago.
The Dalai Lama said last year that he does not wish to have a successor, and that the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of reincarnation should cease with his death. "Politically speaking, he has betrayed his homeland. The reincarnation of the Dalai Lama must be approved by the central government. Without the central government's approval, all would be illegitimate. Religiously speaking, he has betrayed Tibetan Buddhism and the succession system of the Dalai Lama which requires strict religious rituals," Zhou said.
He said the Dalai Lama had taken a very irresponsible and disrespectful attitude towards the reincarnation, citing the political exile's earlier claims that his reincarnation could be "a female, a foreigner or even a bee".
"Now he is talking about a termination of the reincarnation," Zhou said, asking "is it irresponsible to his own faith?" He said Tibet has enjoyed stability since the end of the 2008 unrest in the region. "Now the Dalai Lama has to tout his own religious title to gain attention, which has no future," he said.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Yes I am familiar with some of the very known teachings, no that I practice myself, but I can only imagine that the reason the exile lama is telling that he will not reincarnate has a lot to do with the change in politics that govern the Tibet right now.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

I thought this was an extremely important statement made by his holiness.

You don't think this is interesting?

I'm sure it would be interesting to a Tibetan Buddhist but I'm not one. I assume you are interested either because of the political implications or because you're a Buddhist. That's why I asked why you were interested.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Because this is huge for Buddhists. It would be as if Pope Francis were to declare that he had a terminal illness and that God had given him a vision that he was the fulfillment of Malachy's prophecy only bigger ... more as if an apparition appeared during a very public mass and declared that Francis would die and there were to be no other Popes.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Because this is huge for Buddhists. It would be as if Pope Francis were to declare that he had a terminal illness and that God had given him a vision that he was the fulfillment of Malachy's prophecy only bigger ... more as if an apparition appeared during a very public mass and declared that Francis would die and there were to be no other Popes.

I get that. I said that. Did you not get that?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

i thought your question was a little weird but that explains it

Just wanting to know if OP is a buddhist or not.

personally i think its hilarious the dalhi lama is trying to cut off the chain of lamas.
Exhiled, now he is trying to cripple Chinas grip on tibetian religion.

I thought your question was almost as interesting as your interest in knowing about the OPs Post xD.

Personally. I think they will just make another lama and say this one hasn't reached * Enlightenment* because of the *Naieve* and * poor* decisions made by the current one or so China would claim :3

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

yup pretty spot on xD

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I have studied Buddhism, yes, was always interested in Tibetan history.

I thought you were going to yell at me , lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join