It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO reincarnation, " FOR YOU."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: ketsuko

No I got what the Lama is trying to do, I just can't believe someone thinks it is funny.
And it is not ironic it is desperate.

When it comes to freedom, these are desperate times all over. It may be that this will be what needs to be done to set his people free. And if that is what it takes ... then that is what it takes. Why else do you think China is so upset at the notion? And besides, reincarnation being what it is, there is no guarantee that another great Lama cannot arise, even this same one, at another point.

But if he signals that he will not reincarnate, then China will have problems going through the motions to anoint one of their choosing and getting the people to accept his or her legitimacy.

Honestly, even if this Lama were to reincarnate and to say as much ... do you think the monks sitting under China's process would honestly try to pick the legitimate successor or the successor carefully chosen by the Chinese?

By their fruits shall you know them ...
edit on 11-3-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: ketsuko

No I got what the Lama is trying to do, I just can't believe someone thinks it is funny.
And it is not ironic it is desperate.

I love the Lama look through my topics.

the fact he said stupid made me laugh, I bet he has a sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This could just be his way of sticking it to China, if he was to reincarnate, especially in Tibet he would end up being just a puppet of the Chinese and a way for them to control the Tibetan people.

Thats for a minute just go with the premise he is a reincarnated holy man, I would guess he either
A) Realises in this time to reincarnate straight after his death he would end up causing more harm than good and has decided to move on to the next phase of existence or
B) He will reincarnate but it will be kept secret and by saying he wont he will take away any chance for the Chinese to use his title to manipulate the Tibetan people

Good on him whatever the truth is

edit on 11/3/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

The fact that he believes he will not reincarnate says a lot regarding what he might know about what's coming..interesting times we are living in for sure.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

The fact that he believes he will not reincarnate says a lot regarding what he might know about what's coming..interesting times we are living in for sure.

Interesting,

I want to know do we have a choice whether to reincarnate or not?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I love the Lama look through my topics.

the fact he said stupid made me laugh, I bet he has a sense of humor.

He does have a sense of humour, and he uses it often, look how happy he always looks. On top of that he just seems like a great bloke but it would appear sometimes western humour goes over his head

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So you think he was joking? Do you really believe it was a joke? They are on the edge of extinction, there are just these snobbistic hippster buddhists nowadays like you. No one who really knows and sees the suffering he tries to cope with when he still smiles and laughs. This is a tragedy a true tragedy for all mankind. I just don't see you know what you are talking about. And you're degrading it to a mere entertainment matter, while it is an old and important spiritual tradition coming to an end, because of surpressive violent forces. It's just a shame and nothing else. Shows how degenerated and cold the world has become, when someone who allegedly likes him makes him look like a Muppet.
Keep laughing, I cry.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

That is was awesome, and he is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I look at everyone as a human being,
I just heard him say that.

Peace

edit on 023131p://bWednesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
If I understand the buddha thing .... those who have reached enlightenment can choose to come back to help those still incarnating, or not. If this Dalai Lama doesn't want to come back, he doesn't have to. That's what I get from reading 'Buddhism for Dummies'. (So I could have gotten it wrong.)

I think you got it right.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Oh yes I remember

Kuan Yin (pronounced koo-wan'yin), or "she who hears the weeping world" is the Chinese Buddhist bodhisattva of Compassion. She lives on her island paradise of P'u T'o Shan where she is said to grant every prayer she hears. She is so powerful that even the mention of her name will ease suffering and hardship. Choosing to remain in this world after having attained enlightenment, Kuan Yin has vowed to retain human form until all beings attain enlightenment. In Japan she is known a Kwannon.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

Interesting,

I normally think of different reasons for being here:
The ones who are here to experience human life and have no past karma debt and will not create any new karma debt.
The ones who are here for schooling on how to behave.
The ones who are here to help out.
The ones who are here to clean up old wounds that they have created.

You can be a mix off all parts. Not all people who are not karma bound will need en-lighten-ment on their journey.

I do have a little karma debt that need to be fixed from my point of view. Could be better could be worse. One step at a time in the right direction and sooner or later I/you will make it.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I think only the Bodhisattvas choose to come back. They do so in order to help others. The rest of us are forced to because of our unfinished karma, etc. (If I am following the 'Buddhism for Dummies' book correctly).

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Namaste, and thank you Little and FF.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I think only the Bodhisattvas choose to come back. They do so in order to help others. The rest of us are forced to because of our unfinished karma, etc. (If I am following the 'Buddhism for Dummies' book correctly).

To fall again or not is between you and god depending on need/situation of course.
edit on 11-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Kuan Yin (pronounced koo-wan'yin), or "she who hears the weeping world" is the Chinese Buddhist bodhisattva of Compassion.

Ah Yes, the Goddess of Mercy. she has a major temple called Kek Lok Si dedicated to her in Penang Malaysia.
Absolutely beautiful place and well worth a visit if your in that part of the world.

A couple pics of Kuan Yin from Kek Lok Si

That statue is fairly new, it was started while I was in Penang about 8 years back.

That one is made of Bronze, it replaced a previous plaster one

Thats the head of the old one, why only the head you ask?
Coz the old Goddess of Mercy statue turned out to be not so merciful, at least not towards a Monk, 2 cats, 4 birds, countless Lizards and what Im fairly certain was a completely innocent tree she crushed when she decided to crumple into bits a few years back.

While I appreciate someone died I still cant help but be anything other than amused when I think of the irony haha

P.s the head only survived due to the tree and the monk acting as cushions for its fall

edit on 11/3/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I keep a figurine of her, because of the beauty of the sacrifice and philosophy.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I agree with most of what you've written there. China tried to dictate who would be the successor to the current Dalai Lama and sought to control the circumstances of succession.

I'm going off recall here, they identified the spiritual successor a few years ago and China disputed it. The successor (a child) then vanished from sight, whereabouts unknown. It's possible that the child has been hidden away and raised in the traditions to take on the role.

The Dalai Lama's reported position could be a deflective manoeuvre to prevent China usurping the role and using their own sock-puppet as a political tool to manage dissent in Tibet. He's a political heavyweight and has the spiritual awareness that knows sacrifice to be an eternal value. In that light, he wouldn't blink at assassination or pressure as long the lineage of succession can continue into the ages.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join