It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One more thing one of our cats did that made me stop and think.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey y'all. I think this forum is great and wanted to share an incredible event that happened to us and our new cat. We named him Baby Kitty and he is a piece of work. You know the type. Ignoring anything you say as if deaf ( no offense intended, he just acts that way and we thought he might have problems).

Alrighty then, we all know that a dog will bring you an item of theirs if they want to play, stand by the door if a bathroom break is needed, or bothering the hell out of you in the kitchen, or in the bedroom while you are sayings hello to your wife if he is hungry.

Now take the house cat. They are independent to the extreme. They can coerce you to do ANYTHING with no more than a glance. They WILL stand at the food and water dish and MEOWWW, stand by the door and MEOWWW if they have to hit the can. And finally, bring the occasional dead bird, rodent, or both if they are extremely pleased with you or want something really bad or both.

For about the last 5 years we have been feeding a stray cat. We couldn't decide at first if he belonged to some one or if he was just a lone ranger. ( we put up signs, turned out he was being fed by a lot of people) He seemed very healthy until about three weeks ago. He had scratches that had gotten infected and was so sick that we were able to grab him, put him into a carrier and took him to the vet.

He was cleaned up, given antibiotics, neutered, and chipped, and just recently given his shots. We brought him home and have kept him inside, but let him go outside and to our delight would come back to our home after only an hour or two. He gets along great with our three other cats.

Well I bought some cat-nip at the pet store and he hit it like a strung out opium addict.
He rolled in it.
He sniffed it.
He ate it.
I feel like an enabler.
Well a long story short, and I know that I have written to much backstory, but what the hey.

I was cleanings the game room yesterday(Since my wife and I share it I can't call it a Man Cave). I swept and even yanked the couch out and found about $4 in change which is far less than the value of empty booze bottles I found. Baby Kitty was a meowing so figured he was hungry. Well he wasn't and he didn't want to go outside.
Oh! He wants to take a hit of his Cat Pot. I couldnt find it anywhere and I mean I really looked.
I really looked everywhere and couldn't find it. So I fell asleap and woke up to take a wiz.
When I put my feet on the floor, I stepped on something.
What was it?
The bag of catnip.
Look, I looked EVERYWHERE for that stuff. I don't know if he had taken it and tried to open it himself or he just found it.
That cat had the nip and without opposable thumbs he must have picked it up with his mouth and put it my feet.
Now I have had cats all of my life. Not just one cat, but no less than three at a time since childhood, all of them strays might I add.
None of them, and I mean none of them have ever done anything like that. A dog yes. A cat no.

I found this quite extraordinary for a cat. They are sooooo smart and do amazing things everyday.
I would like to hear things from y'all that YOUR cats have done that seem out of the ordinary behavior wise for felines.

Sooooo sorry that I wrote so much.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader
I agree this is a good forum. I am glad you helped the cat by taking him to the vet.

I never had my cat bring the bag of catnip to me. Which i do find extraordinary.

My cat still plays peek-a-boo after 5 years.
When I am not looking she will jump up and slap my bum and take off running.
She will jump into the hallway (from inside a room) and scare you when your not paying attention. Which is hilarious when shes doing it to someone else.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

O mine does that all the time.

If she wants something she will pick it up and bring it to you.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the cool story.

Only thing my cats do that is notable, other than having complete mind control over me is they love to play fetch with their favorite toys. Especially my Bengal. He will wake me up by dropping his favorite catnip mouse on my head. He has this look like 'WAKE UP HUMAN, it is time for you to play with me.
I used to get mad but I almost look forward to it anymore.

Careful with the catnip or you will go through this.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

OK Stosh, that was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. I'm not even going to ask if you are a ventriloquist or not. That would spoil the fun. (are you ventriloquist?)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
my room mate and i had a cat, when we would give it nip, it would not just wag its tail, but THUMP it loudly on the ground. He would also freak out over a laser pointer. i would point it at the ceiling and he would go schizo.

ps. you don't have a man cave, you have a fam(ily) cave!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That is all from stevecash83 over at youtube.

I find his videos hilarious, this was the first of his videos I watched that got me hooked.

I never expected the cat to talk the first time I watched it. I couldn't stop laughing.

I love the attitude he gives Sylvester. It is what I would think a cat would say.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
How do you know it was the cat that brought it there?

Personally Id be more inclined to go with Ghosts or Aliens but thats just me

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've had a couple of cats who would play "fetch"!

The first one was Sootica, the second Breezer, in fact Breezer used to love to play fetch with a Macdonalds Barbie doll, she also used to love a swim in the bath.

Miss my cats.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Thanks for planting that in my mind. That's all I need. A junkie cat and/or ghosts, aliens.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You know the type. Ignoring anything you say as if deaf ( no offense intended, he just acts that way and we thought he might have problems).

You just should get a chihuahua...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spader

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Thanks for planting that in my mind. That's all I need. A junkie cat and/or ghosts, aliens.

Sorry, I left out the also highly probable and even pleasant possibility of helper elves.
That said I also left out the equally probable but highly negative and unwanted Reptilians or government agents trying to discredit you by making you look like a crazy cat man.

If in 3 weeks time you post on here about your cats missing we know they were eaten by reptilians.
If however you start posting about your cats talking to you we know the government is using some type of mind control on you.

Either way Im eagerly looking forward to future threads concerning your cats

edit on 11/3/2015 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Forget the dried stuff and grow fresh goods out in the yard or in a pot. My kitty spends practically his whole summer lounging and snoozing in the middle of his own private overgrown catnip clump. He's also packed on a little bit of weight in the middle ... must be the munchies.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We had one that when it was a kitten,
would carry a Ty Beanie Baby puppy around
like she was a mother cat!
It was almost as big as she was!
We would catch her taking pens & pencils too!
Never did figure out what she wanted them for!

Had another one that would hold one of those
cardboard canisters of treats in his front paws,
& pry the plastic lid off with his teeth!

When I was a kid we had a cat
that would carry a marble upstairs in her mouth,
then drop it at the top & watch it roll all the way down the steps!
She would do it over & over again.
I was afraid she would choke someday!

The neat thing about cats, is that they all have such different personalities!
And just when you think you have them all figured out....
they come up with something new!
WOQ

edit on 11-3-2015 by wasobservingquietly because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Too funny, dude. Keep up the good work!

Here's a short cat story.

I've have two cats right now, Shadow is a black male and Lily is a white female.

Lily is from Tijuana Mexico. She's the runt of a runt litter, that nobody seemed to want. Dogs and cats don't get much respect in Mexico. So a friend decides to sneak her back to America, illegally. Lily fortunately makes it through primary border inspection without having to go through secondary inspection, while hiding in the car trunk.

I end up adopting her.

One particular week I needed someone to watch over her. So I ask the "cat lady" for a favor. You know the cat lady, every town's got one, they're usually operating an unregulated hospice for wayward cats.

So Lily checks into the cat lady's house for a few days. She must of thought it was cat heaven. There she was, fellow cat brethren everywhere, bowls of free food, some of the best treats and snacks that money can buy, four-finger bags of catnip, jingle balls, fake furry mice, kitty condos, you name it, this place was cat paradise.

Well when I pick Lily up several days later, the cat lady tells me a story. It turns out she had to leave for a day, and when she returned everything is fine except Lily was missing, along with every toy in the house. After looking everywhere the cat lady finally discovers Lily under her bed, hiding behind a pile of the missing toys.

She's on the smartest animals I've ever met. But there's a saying here in San Diego, it goes something like this, "you can take the girl out of Tijuana, but you can't take Tijuana out of the girl."

Lily is a spitting image of a cat that lives at the Ernest Hemingway House

source: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-3-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

They can coerce you to do ANYTHING with no more than a glance.

This isn't anything extraordinary, but I love it when you set their food down and they sometimes glance at their water like, "That too, Jeeves", and I go and do it without hesitation.

I'm obviously infested with T. Gondii.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I found this quite extraordinary for a cat. They are sooooo smart and do amazing things everyday.

So what happened that was so smart and extraordinary?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
One of my cats, Khalissi had her leg amputated following an accident and her entire personality changed, she went from a playful, gentle, laid back house cat into a skittish unsociable nutjob who refuses to come into the house anymore, runs away randomly and now sleeps in an empty nesting box with my chickens. Its such a startling transformation that she is now a completely different cat. Who only interacts with me when its time for munchies.
During her stay at the vets she picked up an eye infection and for a week afterward it was my job to administer cream into her eyes only after wrapping her in a towel.
She was not impressed

She has never forgiven me for that, and looks at me sometimes as if I were a cruel cat sadist who cut off her leg and put crap in her eyes for fun!

Its kinda funny and sad at the same time.
Still, she is alive and healthy now even if she hates me.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogJammer

So what happened that was so smart and extraordinary?

Guess you had to be there. Don't get your log jammed.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
When I put my feet on the floor, I stepped on something. What was it?
The bag of catnip.

Awwww. That's so cute! Cats do that. They will bring home 'presents' for the family. Like birds or mice or squirrels or even bags of catnip. They hunt for the family and share. The cat wanted you to have a pleasant time like he did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join