It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are/were your favorite PS1 PS2 games?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
PS2 is STILL my main console. I have close to 200 music games, mostly PS1&2 imports.

BeatmaniaIIDX 3rd-16th
The grandaddy of all rhythm games. My buddy calls it keyboard hero, here's my old controller

Pop'n Music 1-14
Same gameplay as Beatmania but on a huge colorful controller

Dance Dance Revolution
Man was I into this game. The bulk of my collection is DDR.

GuitarFreaksDrumMania
The original RockBand/Guitar Hero, since 1999

Here's my collection before a fire that melted all the cases

and now

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
For PS1

Tomb Raider
Gran Tourismo
Soul Reaver Legacy of Cain ( i still play it now on my PS3, very underrated. )
Metal Gear Solid

I never had a PS2 but i have a PS3.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh yes!
Soul Reaver (Legacy of kain) was fan-friggin'-tastic!
And remains my favourite PS2 game(s) of all time.
People nowadays couldn't appreciate just how awesome the PS1 was when it came out = a game changer literally, I gave away my Sega megadrive when I got a PS1.
Good times, thanks for the memories!

edit on 1100000003am359 E11 by HumansEh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: kevinp2300

Definitely Shadow of the Colossus. It's the only reason that I ever consider getting another PS2.

I have 2 presents for you:

1) m.gamestop.com...
Shadow + Ico, PS3

2)

Why take a month to squeeze in playtime when you can spend 2 hours watching the best parts like a movie?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I was thinking about starting a thread just like this but was too lazy to open such a huge can of worms. But, if someone else is gonna twist my arm...

(In no particular order while I look at my PS1 games)
Valkyrie Profile - This is actually my favorite game of all time.
Mega Man Legends 1/2
Legend of Legaia
Azure Dreams
Jade Cocoon
Suikoden
Kagero: deception 2/3
Crusader No Remorse
Monsterseed
Dragon Seeds
Eternal Eyes
Guardians Crusade
Brigandine
Legend of Mana
Monster Rancher 1-3
Battle Arena Toshinden 1-4
Tai Fu: Wrath Of Tiger
Every Spyro game

Did I mention I hate new gen consoles & it is my opinion the RPG genre has been completely defiled?

Only reason I would get a PS4 is for Valkyrie Profile 3, should it ever be released.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
PS2:
Way of the Samurai 1&2 (literally the 2 most amazing games ever created)
Siren
Gladius
Genji
Rogue Galaxy
Persona 3&4
Shin Megamei Tensei series
Devil Summoner series
Atelier Iris series
Mana Khemia series

I despise sports, racing, RTS, & FPS games. Im not very compatible with the world of next gen.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: johnnychicken

That is quite a collection you have. Sorry about the fire man, I would have been devastated. I forgot about guitar hero. I played the first 2 and I toyed w rock band for a bit. I was unaware of guitarfreaks or beatmania. Did these games have similar gameplay as guitar hero/rock band?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
@Humanseh

Happy to bring back the good memories. I never understood why it was never more popular?

@eunuchorn

I agree with you about the RPG Genre being ruined, I know Deus ex wasn't a pure RPG but the games that followed were mere shadows in comparison.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Both were on PS1
1 : Gran Turismo , graphics and gameplay were mind blowing for the time.

2: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee , it held me captivated until the day I finished it , I still look back on it with a smile on my face and fondness in my heart.

edit on 12-3-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Thanks kev! After the fire I was just happy the cases did their job. Way more upset about losing my trinkit shelf. only gifts went on it

These two photos are all I have left

Bemani games have gameplay VERY similar, if not identical, to guitarhero/rockband. Notes scroll down the screen and you catch them at the bottom. But instead of uninspired charts of dinosaur rock songs I was already sick of, I found a whole new world of music.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
PS1 was and is my favorite console. Someone mentioned that it was a game changer, and it really was. I think what made it so good was the amount of new/fresh franchises and games that came out for it. Then the fact that everyone I knew in school had it chipped and were selling or swapping CDs for cheap also. Then the platinum series.

Top PS1 games
- Resident Evil (The first resident evil is still the best, the only game of the series that was scary. Like someone else mentioned when the DOGS jumped through the window!, who didn't jump when that happened!)
- Metal Gear Solid (I didn't like any of the Metal Gears after this one, maybe my tastes changed, but the original one was awesome.)
- Destruction Derby 2 (the very reason I bought a PS1, this game blew me away), don't know why it has not been remade
- Grand Theft Auto (when I first played the original, there was not a game like it)
- Gran Turismo
- Tomb Raider
- Command N Conquer (actually played it on the PS1 first, which got me into the series)

Ps2 was not as good, but GTA: San Andreas was awesome. I remember people online posting photos of Big foot. Saying they seen it in the game, that game was massive at the time. Mashed was an addictive 4 player no split screen multiplayer, which is still great now. So are the Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and 6 games, arguably better than the soccer games today.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ps1 code name tenka ff7 legend of dragoon toystory 2 dark stone armymen air attacks i think eas the name guantlet legends ps2 bloody roar 3 max payne kingdom hearts rockbands blitz the league black re4 ffxii armymen rts mxunleashed ratcht deadlocked viewtiful joe 1-2 guantlet seven sorrows

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: twiztedjester

You listed the Toy Story 2 video game but not #1.

Very, very intriguing. I would love to hear some elaboration as to why specifically that game was so enjoyable.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

Did I mention I hate new gen consoles & it is my opinion the RPG genre has been completely defiled?

The heyday for rpgs was the PS2. I have a stack of jrps and tactical rpgs that is HUGE. They are all ps2 rpgs too. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the best of the lot is Persona 4. In fact, the whole Persona series is awesome. I may get a ps4 just so I can play Persona 5. I hear that the game will be dealing with various things in life that chain you down. I'm excited! Not your typical kiddie save the world jrpg.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I put around 300 hours into Persona 3, kept restarting after first boss to get everything perfect. I think I put 250 into persona 4. There were good things about 4, but something about 3 was just beyond stellar in my opinion.

Theres a 5 for ps4 coming out!?!

FML. Now that's 2 games I would want to get, lol. (bloodborne the other)

Its so true about PS2, even just glancing back at my list a few posts above, I had to put *Game Series* because there were like 3-6 games for them all, & all of them amazing & unique.

I'm the type of person that reads a strategy guide, or prints out a FAQ online before even playing the game, lol
edit on 18-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Persona 5

I guess you could buy it for the ps3 as well, but it is also coming out for the 4.

PS: have you ever played the Disgaea series? They are WAY better games than FF: Tactics. Though tactics is a great game too.
edit on 18-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Ohh snap! # just got real!

This thread makes me giddy with excitement.
edit on 18-3-2015 by sephipollo because: second line-premature first post

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorni only played toystory on snes and honestlt woulnt know if it had a ps1 release

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
PS1, so many good memories that machine gave me, and I still think the console design looks good today

Metal gear solid, this game blew me away, and made me realize games are not just for kids anymore.
Soul reaver
Silent Hill
Tomb raider 1 2 3
Wipeout
Tony Hawk's Pro skater .... played it so much my thumbs got hurt.
Resident Evil 1 2 and 3
Bloody Roar
Driver
Hogs of war
Music 2000
Castlevania symphony of the night
Dino crisis
Oddworld Abe's oddysee
Crash team racing
Spyro
Tenchu
Syphon filter

So many more.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Both were on PS1
1 : Gran Turismo , graphics and gameplay were mind blowing for the time.

2: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, it held me captivated until the day I finished it , I still look back on it with a smile on my face and fondness in my heart.

I was wondering when this one would finally pop up. I still remember popping that disc in and being both scared (I was 7 at the time) and in awe. The first two Oddworld games are classics and underappreciated imo. Other PS1 favorites were:

Gran Turismo 1 & 2 (haven't played a single arcade racer since I discovered sim racing with the GT series)
GTA 1 & 2(enjoyed these more on pc)
Blasto
Spyro

Anyone remember those demo discs you used to get with your PS1?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join