It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are/were your favorite PS1 PS2 games?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Doom final doom
final fantasy 1n2
twisted metal 2 and black head on
metal gear solid 2 and 3
crash 3 warped and team racing
chrono trigger
war hawk
second sight
Godzilla melee and save the earth
gta 3 and San Andreas
socom
mercenaries playground of destruction

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I bought my PS1(as it's known now) preorder and collected on the day of release. I bought a bundle with 2 controllers and 6 games, it cost £450 which was a huge amount of money back then.

I was the only one of my mates that had one at the time and we had so fuch fun over the years, I lost it to a friend in a game of poker but we shared a house so it did not really matter.

When it finally died years later we buried it with a ceromony.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
FF 7-8, never played 10
Twisted Metal, the car fighting game.

Driver games where the bees knees along with tony hawk proskater.

MLB series

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Side note: I remember in college, my roommate ordered a chip that we soldered into his PS1 so we could play copied games. We would just go to the local video rental and rent 3-4 games every weekend and then burn a copy. By the end of the year, we had quite a collection.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
We had a PS1 in college.

Our favorites were Civ and NCAA Football. The second was a hit because a group of us had a long-running dynasty. We all created our own (very un-PC) teams and named the players and everything. Some of the best ones were the Kansas Tech Meat Packers of Dodge City, the DC Crack Whores, Joe's Beauty School, South Dakota Mafia Dons, 'Bama Hillbillies of Catfish Holler, etc.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

It's tough to compile a list, because as I start thinking I start adding more to it...

Some runners up:
God of War 1 & 2
Disgaea 1 & 2
FF: Tactics
Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
FF 7 and 9 (kinda...)

And my number one favorite is:
SMT: Persona 4 (I need to get my ps2 working again. I want to replay this game. SOOOO thought provoking and deals with deep issues)
edit on 11-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Parasite Eve
Tony Hawks pro skater
All the RE's
And don't forget Tomb Raider.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

lego hobbit
little planet
mortal combat
edit on 11-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Resident Evil 1,2 & Nemesis.

Also enjoyed playing medal of honour and Tomb Raider 2.

I have a PS1,2 & 3 in their original packaging in my attic. I hope they get donated to a Museum in years to come.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol must have been a devastating game of poker. Is that about $600?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: nonspecific

Lol must have been a devastating game of poker. Is that about $600?

It was a few years later when the PS1 was maybe worth $80.

We often used to gample crazy, I once lost my bedroom to a mate who was sleeping on the couch.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Time splitters (best shooter/arcade game to play imo). Only got to 99% complete
I broke a bone and had nothing better to do, lol

Vice City

And maddens
edit on 11-3-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Jumping Flash

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Final Fantasy 7 and 8.

Xenogears is all time favorite though.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ummm...Soul Caliber...and practicing Kilik's moves in the back yard with the bow staff...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Definitely Shadow of the Colossus. It's the only reason that I ever consider getting another PS2.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Tactics Ogre.

Civ2.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hmmm... let's see.

PS1

Gran Turismo 1 & 2 - Gran Turismo was one of the first games I got with my Playstation for Christmas one year when I was 5 or 6. I immediately fell in love. I actually just finally bought a backwards compatible PS3 and, since all my old games are scratched up and don't really work anymore, I ordered ALL THE GRAN TURISMOS from 1-6. I'm almost finished with the first 1 now, gonna play the second one for a while. The second one is possibly my favorite out of the entire series. (that I've played, at least. GT 5 & 6 are sitting here begging me to play them.
) One thing about the first one I really loved was the Dodge Viper. Keep that thing bone-stock and don't even upgrade tires on it- it wouldn't just drift, but rather float around corners gracefully. If you so much as added one mod, you ruined it's godlike ability to slide through corners like a boss.

Metal Gear Solid - Never actually owned this game, but I borrowed it and loved it.

Command & Conquer Red Alert Retaliation - This was another game I got with my PS1 and couldn't figure it out at first, but once I found out the the MCV could deploy into the start of a base, it didn't take me long to get the hang of it.

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 - Absolutely loved this game and the soundtrack.

Twisted Metal 3 - Got this game with my PS1 as well, and it was by far my favorite out of the entire Twisted Metal series. My dad loved playing TM 3 and 4 with me. Those are just memories I'll have to hold on to now... I'll never forget one day he came home after work, and he seemed kind of excited to come to my room and ask if I wanted to play Twisted Metal... I said no (I was watching something on TV at the time) and he looked very disappointed when he said OK and walked away.
I miss you, dad, and playing Twisted Metal with you.

PS2

Gran Turismo 4 - I wasn't entirely impressed with 3. 4 made up for that.
It just doesn't have that nostalgia feel that the first two games give me.

Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 - I did like 2, but it gets kinda weird at the end. I'm still confused by that... 3 was amazing though, even the little details like When you 'fight' "The Sorrow", you must face all the people you have killed during your time playing the game. The first time I played through, I was seriously stuck in that river for 2 or 3 hours and I'm not even joking. In a second play-through, instead of finding out how I could kill EVERYBODY, then leaving the area and coming back so I could do it again, I tried to go through it as non-violently as possible, and you don't spend very long in the river if you do that. Also interesting was the detail that after you lose your eye, when you go into a first person view that side of your screen is dark, making it harder to see to that side. It really helped achieve that next level of immersion.

Twisted Metal Black - I loved the characters and how it seemed so dark and post-apocalyptic compared to the other games in the series.

Burnout 3 Takedown - It was just a fun fast-paced racing game based on avoiding crashes and trying to destroy your opponents in spectacular crashes.
Decent soundtrack, too.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Aldakoopa because: Oh, you don't like hearts, ATS?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
What? Is there a character limit? Where'd my list of PS2 games go?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I had a heart in there and what came after that wasn't displayed, presumably because of the "less than" symbol used to make it.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

I forgot about Command and Conquer Red Alert Retaliation. I played it on PC but logged quite a few hrs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join