It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Start Killing Russians': Outrageous Outburst by Fox News Military Analyst

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

A retired US major general thinks an American intervention in Ukraine should involve the spilling of Russian blood.
Robert Scales, a retired US major general and a Fox News military analyst, provided his view on the US involvement in Ukraine, describing it as a “game, set and match” situation; “the only way the US can have any effect in the region is to start killing Russians,” he stated.

I realize the source is Russian, AND the news clip on the site is from Fox News, Lou Dobbs. So I take it all with a large grain of salt.

Either way, I guess this is what the drum beats of WW3 sound like. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I suppose NATO has to, at the very least, provide a level of confrontation in response to the war in Ukraine. But I also understand how dangerous it can be to poke a starving bear.

I have a feeling neither side will make a smart move next.

It's so comforting to know the fate of the world is left to egos and cocks.

Mods, feel free to move if this news isn't correctly placed.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

You might take Fux News with a grain of salt but many don't. It's the highest rated news network in the US.

Welcome to Germany circa 1932. What happens next is up to each individual. Own it now or later. Make your choice but Americans will own the outcome one way or another.
edit on 11-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

“the only way the US can have any effect in the region is to start killing Russians,” he stated.

Yay, generals.

The peace of the grave solution notwithstanding,

aren't there already loads of dead Russians in Ukraine 'cause they're 'invading'?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I believe that's what he was referring to. "Kill the Russian Invaders". While I don't doubt there are Russian Military people operating in Ukraine, I very much doubt they outnumber the rebels.

As much as this idiot is beating the wardrums, I don't think he's implying killing Russians that aren't involved in the Ukraine conflict.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How about America keeping its nose out and not making a bad situation worse?

Because thats what will happen if they do go in "killing Russians"
Like Russia wont retalliate?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
As i was saying earlier, calls for the war with Russians only come from the US. No country here in Europe want that. Heck, most countries that are in the European Union are opposing any new economic sanctions against Russia.

I understand why America wants a war with Russia. They cannot allow for Russia to become a great superpower yet again, because American monopoly and world domination would be put at risk. If we come close to having another war that would most likely destroy our civilization, i hope people of the world will finally rise up and not allow it to happen, because it would mean the end for most of us.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Agreed. Though I fully support arming and training the Ukrainian Military, I think sending US troops to start sending rounds toward Russian heads in Ukraine will only make the situation FAR WORSE than it already is.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

So, you are suggesting the US should send weapons( as they already do ) to people that might turn on them/Europe later on, and then become a threat for us? You do realize that nothing good ever came out from arming the people that serve your purpose at the moment? Should i even name examples for it?

The best thing the US can do is to stay out of it and not interfere in every situation that happens in the world.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I didn't really get that he was banging the war drums so much as he's calling a spade a spade. Moving 3,000 troops around eastern Europe isn't really going to influence the outcome of the situation. It's kind of like running around the edge of a boxing match: you're not really doing anything to impact the outcome. The only way to impact the outcome is to get in the ring and hit somebody.

Side note - what the HELL was up with Dobbs' makeup?!? I had to watch the video twice just because the first time through I was so dumbstruck by whatever he had going on with his face. Jesus

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Well I wouldn't expect Russia's gov't owned propaganda machine to do do anything less as they took the man's words out of context.

A little about the source sputnik news...

Sputnik is an international multimedia news service launched on 10 November 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya, an agency wholly owned and operated by the Russian government, which was created by a Decree of the President of Russia on 9 December 2013.[1] Sputnik replaces the RIA Novosti news agency and the Voice of Russia international radio broadcaster.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not really the truth bearing source.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Fair enough. You make a good point about the 3000 troops (and I think just over 100 Abrams), not really meaning diddly squat in turning a war with Russia.

And yes, I did notice how Lou's face looked like a melting doll. The man needs a new makeup artist! Or just move to radio...something!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The General's sip Bacardi while the Privates feel the pain. Fool!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Side note - what the HELL was up with Dobbs' makeup?!? I had to watch the video twice just because the first time through I was so dumbstruck by whatever he had going on with his face. Jesus

HD isn't good for Lou.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Well then there ya go. I guess it would be safe to say, this all just simple propaganda from Russia.

I still don't like the chances for either side making a smart next move.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

So, you are suggesting the US should send weapons( as they already do ) to people that might turn on them/Europe later on, and then become a threat for us? You do realize that nothing good ever came out from arming the people that serve your purpose at the moment? Should i even name examples for it?

The best thing the US can do is to stay out of it and not interfere in every situation that happens in the world.
I'll agree to those terms as soon as Russia takes it's boot off of Ukraine's neck.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Faux Skews, I mean Faux "News," I mean Fox Skews, dammit, I mean #PathologicalLiars (okay that last one was intentional) can hardly be relied on for real news, they are the MSM mouth for the Neocons and American Corporatism and if they smell money in a war over Ukraine, they will beat the drums of war.

They must be feeling ecstatic over their prospects, too, between sabotaging diplomacy between Iran and the US and the fog of war surrounding Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Do we have to go trough this every time?

Russia interfered because their safety would be put at risk if NATO set up bases that close to their country. As i've said so many times before, Russia cannot allow for Ukraine to join NATO and have their bases that close. Is that really so hard to understand?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Well then there ya go. I guess it would be safe to say, this all just simple propaganda from Russia.

Well he did say it, but it's the way he said it that shows it is unrealistic to think the US would do that. If the US were to get very pro active in Ukraine with military power it wouldn't really matter as both countries would have bodies coming home in bags.

And that also depends on what Russia would do as in nuclear if they had mass amounts of troop casualties caused by the US, so knowing that it would be stupid for a former general to advocate something like that.

Hell it's stupid for anyone to advocate that type of scenario.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

So it's different when the U.S. does it, but Russia is totally justified somehow?

Your double-standard is showing. I think it's a pretty reasonable request. Russia leaves Ukraine alone, the U.S. does the same.

Everyone wins.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

But in Ukraine it's okay for Russia to do what they are doing...gotcha.

One other thing you might want to think about...if the US were sending weapons as in offensive weapons the Ukrainian military would have not had a problem against the separatists, even with Russia's help.

But feel free to provide a list of what offensive weapons the US has sent to Ukraine, and then do that with Russia then we can talk about who is really interfering in Ukraine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join