It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He went around a corner and disappeared… from the face of the earth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's a delicate situation. No child wants their play monitored by an adult at all times, and having an adult discreetly following them could quite easily be misinterpreted in this day and age. How do we strike a happy balance?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OkieDokie
I was just checking through all the topics on here and came across this story right after seeing this
Local News posting video and names of children who were victims of attempted luring

The second story was located in Pe Ell, Washington and this one in Sprague, Washington. They are about 300 miles apart, but I found it interesting that these were in the same state, happening within a few days of each other, and both in very small towns.

They may be related, or they may not. Just thought I would point it out. I wonder if the police could show this video to the kids from Pe Ell to at least see if they match up.

~OkieDokie

Okie, you just answered the question from my previous post about other abductions in the area. Somebody has got to recognize this sicko from the street cam. Great find.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
Does anybody who believes he jumped into another dimension want to opine on why he/it didn't just do it while holding the child?

I don't know about the dimension thing but I suspect he put the child down to buy a few seconds head start.
1. Carrying weight would slow a person when being chased
2. They most likely stopped chasing to check on the child he sat down - which gave him the window of opportunity to get away.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173
Thanks! I just thought it was a pretty big coincidence. I went ahead and forwarded it on to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office. They have probably already checked it out, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to let them know just in case. The one in Pe Ell has a vehicle description as a blue ford truck, and this one has an unconfirmed description of a red ford truck. With the color discrepancy it may not be the same guy, but two similar creeps.

~OkieDokie

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: OkieDokie
He sounds like one of The Finders
Too bad the guy had a hoodie on. Wonder if that kid saw a moustache?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Although child abduction is a terrible thing, you don't have to worry quite so much.

The "missing children" figures are grossly misrepresented because the records are based on "missing person reports" and people don't bother taking into account the fact that the vast majority of those are later cancelled because the person is found.

The figures seem insanely high on the surface but it takes just a tiny bit of research to realize that the real number of missing is much MUCH lower. Think about the math... 700,000 vanishing every year? Parents would never let their kids leave the house.
edit on 3/11/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Violater1
Are they abducted by aliens, Freak Masons or other satanic cults?

LOL, what an incredibly ignorant thing to say.

If you're such an expert on which theories of the hundreds of thousands of missing people are "ignorant", how about enlightening us instead of just being contrary. Where do you think they're going?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Rocker2013

Why is he not just called a man? Why does height, or weight, or age, or anything else come into it?

Because he's not just a man. He's a specific man. If your child is abducted, the police want a description. If that description matches several others who say he's tall...

We're making criminals into legends here, and it's entirely wrong.

No argument. Our society glamorizes much that it shouldn't. But the fact still remains that the man doing the abducting is tall, and that becomes a meme of him.

The description argument is nothing to do with the details of the crime. Of course people should describe criminals and use all available information, I'm not suggesting otherwise.

I'm suggesting that branding criminals like this man "the Tall Man" is making a Hollywood character out of him, making him some kind of Bogeyman, when in reality he's just a criminal who needs to be caught.

The post I was replying to seemed to want to suggest some kind of "supernatural" connotation, like the "Slender Man" and all that nonsense. He's just a man, a criminal, one who needs to be stopped. Creating these "characters" detracts from the reality.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A time traveller abducting a child from the future?
The abducter seems to be wearing a mustache strait from the 80's.

Stories like this makes me want to carry a concealed weapon.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Two to the midriff would certainly make him drop the child, but what state that child would be in is anybody's guess.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov
It's a delicate situation. No child wants their play monitored by an adult at all times, and having an adult discreetly following them could quite easily be misinterpreted in this day and age. How do we strike a happy balance?

Back in the 50's 60's when I was a kid, all kids from the moment they could dress themselves were out playing without parental supervision, and no harm came to anyone. Any stranger hanging about would have been spotted a mile away because there were so many kids!
Kids were more savy back then concerning strangers because all kids could talk to anyone and they soon learnt to spot the oddballs. Today kids are so mollycoddled they dont get chance to become good judges of whether another person might be dodgy.

This case makes my point really, there were other kids about and they saw what was going on, had there been another ten kids on the street there would have been enough to give chase and see where the perve went.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was a kid in the 60's/70's. Back then, we could - and did regularly - get on a bus for 2 pence and ride it to the end of the route. Once there, we'd have a good mooch around looking for places like parks, and woods where you could go exploring, and we'd all head back to the bus stop as soon as we noticed it getting darker. That was up to the age of 11/12. After that, even it getting darker was no guarantee we'd be home at the time our parents had told us to be back.

I feel sorry for today's kids who don't have that same level of freedom because of the fear that has been driven into their parent's heads and which they have to pass on to their children, in most cases.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My S.O and I have discussed often just "where do all the missing people go?".

Not just children but, adults as well. I realize that there is awful lot of the earth undeveloped but, it just seems as if there are too many missing and never recovered to be ALL kidnappings. Now, I'm not saying alien abductions or time travel or any of that. I'm simply stating that I believe there is more to it than just sex trafficking, rapes and murders, runaways or the like.

On the website for missing and exploited children it states that in 2014...there were 466,949 entries into the National FBI database for "children under 18" missing. It also states that they currently have a recovery rate of 97%. Math is not my strong suit but, that would mean that 14,000 are unaccounted for? 14 THOUSAND???

Missing and Exploited Children Link

That certainly is nowhere close to 700 thousand but, an alarming number to me.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Meh, you didn't think it ended with cattle mutilation, did you?

We negotiated the Treaty of Vorx IV in 1948, giving the greys a certain number of humans a year for food purposes.

When you go into the Wally and see the big list of missing on the wall, they're the ones who gave their lives for technology. You should see how many humans we're having to trade for Lockheed's fusion generator.

If you've ever had an "abduction" experience, you were thrown back. If you'd passed, the next stop would have been the slaughter room.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
If you've ever had an "abduction" experience, you were thrown back. If you'd passed, the next stop would have been the slaughter room.

So the saying that most people abducted have high IQ's could be in correlation with the idea that only the stupidest or tastiest get eaten...that's an interesting twist, strange but interesting. Maybe weeding out is better for us humans on the long run anyway, just like eugenics? I don't agree with full blown eugenics but it's not all bad IMO.

Also, just like some humans prefer to eat baby animals than full grown maybe aliens prefer babies which would be a good explanation for the number of young children missing. That and/or satanic blood rituals...

Sorry if my post is offensive to some!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

So the saying that most people abducted have high IQ's could be in correlation with the idea that only the stupidest or tastiest get eaten...that's an interesting twist...

You bet! They like kids (people veal) and they select for adults that won't be missed. It's easy to cover for missing kids, they wander off or run away or you can always blame some weird pervert.

For adults with a lot of connections and no particular reason to kill themselves, it's a lot harder to cover. So they do the mind scanning thing, and see if you're safe to eat. If you're a tasty looking specimen but you're an author, they might sample you a few times to keep checking. Streiber is in real trouble if he ever falls off the radar totally.

If, on the other hand, you're an itinerant worker, they might grab you and think about it a bit (Walton) or just munch on you. That's why a lot of the missing are homeless. They're fair game.

Or if you're standing watch and fall asleep. I used to tell privates all about the guys from Walker AAFB that were eaten in retaliation after the Roswell incident, when they got sleepy or were screwing off. Even to this day, aliens prowl the skies over NTC, waiting for privates who don't stay on their toes. When they're found afterwards...they're all cored out. We have to tell the parents they were run over by a tank in a dust cloud. Very sad. You can tell when aliens are sizing you up on watch...they make sounds like someone tossing pebbles near you.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
How has no one said....where are these children's parents? I grew up in a smaller town than this, and my brother and I were allowed to go to the store ourselves or go back in the woods, etc. when we were 5 or 6...but no one would have let us take along a toddler. What poor decision making on the parents part, small town or not.

Um, the dad was at work and they were under the care of a baby sitter...The kids went to the park, unsupervised. I am sure she's got some explaining to do. But, it is a small town, after all, and not all people are hyper-vigilant and believe in letting kids play outside, with their older sibs.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Arrest Made in Washington State Attempted Baby Abduction

A 15 year old boy who lives in Sprague.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 11-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
the hundreds of thousands of missing people

Not true. Research those numbers a bit... there may be hundreds of thousands of missing person reports every year but the vast majority of those are later cancelled because the person is found.

I did all the math in another thread and I think it came out to 8,000 or so people of all ages in the US with open and current long-term missing person cases.
edit on 3/11/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

i see...flattop haircut, wristwatch on left arm, oversized/ill fitted suit and handlebar mustache w curled up ends.

Pretty distinct look there

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join