It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army helicopter crashes during training exercise in Florida: 7 marines, 4 soldiers missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Seven Marines and four soldiers were missing early Wednesday following an Army helicopter crash in Florida, officials said.

A search and rescue operation was launched after one of two UH-60 Blackhawk helicopters participating in a routine nighttime training mission crashed, Eglin Air Force Base spokesman Andy Bourland said.

Bourland said it was too soon to say what caused the crash, but that there were "weather issues" overnight.

A UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter Antony Joseph | U.S. Army | Getty Images A UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter "This is search and rescue," he stressed, adding that visibility was limited due to darkness and fog. "We have not declared the status of the 11 personnel on board at the time."

Search and rescue teams have located some debris which began to collect in the search area, Bourland added.
www.cnbc.com...

The helicopter was reported missing at 8:30 p.m. Tuesday and debris was located at about 2 a.m., base officials said in a statement.
ABC National News

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
My uncle is at Eglin. Hold on, I'll try to call him.

It's early, though.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yup. Nothing to see here. Fer realz.

Debris already located and no survivors (sadly) so far.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Fort Knox says some still missing...came over the AM-Radio....

Try again....
#stuxnet

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerrorAlertRed

Fort Knox says some still missing...came over the AM-Radio....

Try again....
#stuxnet

Stand by.

And, your graphic is lazy.

It's a Blackhawk that's crashed. Not a Warthog.

They found the wreckage (that was my point). Any survivors will be a net gain...
edit on 11/3/15 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/15 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
rescue crews found debris from the crash around 2 a.m. Wednesday

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
rescue crews found debris from the crash around 2 a.m. Wednesday

Yup. That's what I got so far too. Hopefully someone was able to jump or survive the rapid decel.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I am sure that's not the case here but my uncle was in the army and told me that sometimes those killed in battle somewhere would be later presented as having died in some accident or training

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

It happens when Special Operations troops are killed. Or troops are killed somewhere they weren't supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Aaamok88

It happens when Special Operations troops are killed. Or troops are killed somewhere they weren't supposed to be.

Or when a CO is trying to make sure a victim's insurance is squared away.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Maybe killed in supplying ISIS action..?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Debris has been located east of the Navarre Bridge and it is expected that debris will continue to appear in the area moving toward the bridge
abcnews.go.com...

I'm guessing they are referring to the debris found from the crash at around 2 a.m. Wednesday

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

That's low. If anyone is supplying them its foreign nationals proxying for the CIA.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aaamok88
a reply to: gmoneystunt

I am sure that's not the case here but my uncle was in the army and told me that sometimes those killed in battle somewhere would be later presented as having died in some accident or training

can't think of any instance where they've gone to such lengths to construct a scenario so they could disappear some people. the families are usually told something to the effect of 'training accident, details will not be provided' and that's the end of it. since the whole idea is not to attract attention, calling the local news agencies isn't typically high on the list of things to do

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That's low. If anyone is supplying them its foreign nationals proxying for the CIA.

Low??? I dont believe you understand just how LOW the dogs of war go, and i'm not just talking US here, but i'm certainly talking about the Western suppliers of weapons and their backers, most of whom are involved in our political system at every level.

99% of the Worlds population is at War with the 1%...we just dont see it yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The military is not personally handing weapons over to terrorists... especially this case since the crash happened here in the states. So yeah, your comment is lower than low.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i live one mile from one of the outer ranges of Eglin off HWY87 south, and about 15 miles from the Navarre Bridge.
there are only two spots that i can think of where they might have went down. one is between the bridge and before you get to Hurlbert Feild, the the other is between Ft Walton and Destin.

here i found where it is said where the debris was found. also on a sad note human remains have also been found.

Map from here.
UPDATED: 7 MARSOC Marines, 4 National Guard Soldiers Missing Following Florida Blackhawk Accident

Remains found after Florida Black Hawk crash

if you know the area, this would be a ideal spot for MARSOC to train for insertion. Hwy 98 runs right beside it and you can see the beach in spots. the area right around the hwy is built up and would be good place to practice landing undetected.

also i can tell you that fog here was bad last night.

edit on 11-3-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The military is not personally handing weapons over to terrorists...

really..? When did they stop.? I must have missed the memo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join