It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student break into Houston Zoo exhibits during field trip

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
Hpw did students get into cages with dangerous animals? how did they get close enough to the birds to pluck their feathers?
thio story sounds very dodgy to me.

I agree. Check out the much better photo on this link: www.nydailynews.com...

Note that the photo clearly shows fencing below the level of the "table" and the shadow of the same fencing on the top edge of the table. The person in the photo is probably outside a fence and the photo simply created the illusion that there was no fence.

Tangerine is correct.

"KPRC Channel 2 News" are basing their report on the single photograph.

And the "Wild Birds" the blurb mentions is alternatively referred to as a "stray chicken".

This is a HOAX, belongs in the HOAX forum and isn't worth further comments.

Somebody's not earning their salary this morning.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
For the record, here's a picture of the leopard enclosure at the Houston Zoo. There most certainly is a fence to jump over before you get to the inner fence, just as I expected.

ETA: Bigger view: files.abovetopsecret.com... and thanks google maps for being everywhere...
edit on 11-3-2015 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Well, Texas is a big rodeo state where adults set the poor example of tormenting and harassing animals in a public arena. It is no wonder these kids thought the zoo animals were fair game.

Sallie

a reply to: Anyafaj

Before you go disparaging all Texans, bear in mind this story is a hoax.

The kid is OUTSIDE of the jaguar cage.

Reporter on the news states, the kid was INSIDE the Jaguar cage

Clearly the kid was NOT inside the CAGE.

That makes this story a HOAX.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Well, Texas is a big rodeo state where adults set the poor example of tormenting and harassing animals in a public arena. It is no wonder these kids thought the zoo animals were fair game.

Sallie

a reply to: Anyafaj

Before you go disparaging all Texans, bear in mind this story is a hoax.

The kid is OUTSIDE of the jaguar cage.

Reporter on the news states, the kid was INSIDE the Jaguar cage

Clearly the kid was NOT inside the CAGE.

That makes this story a HOAX.

Are you not looking at the same picture everyone else is? The kids hand is either very close or touching the back legs of that Jaguar....so if he is not inside the enclosure then the jaguar is outside just laying on a table?

Here are the regulations per federal guidelines:

Enclosures - To keep large cats safely in captivity, enclosures must be constructed of sufficient size and strength to address the emotional and physical needs of the feline. Some states have specific caging requirements as part of their permitting process, and all keepers must be familiar with their individual state’s regulations.

Surrounding all large cat enclosures must be an 8-foot tall perimeter fence. Additionally, safety features such as double-door entry systems and a means of separating the feline from the keeper when inside the enclosure should be incorporated into the enclosure design.

So, please point out the 8 foot fence separating the kid from the jaguar in this instance, because the fence I see is about waist high and the jaguar is higher than the fence on the table....

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think it's an illusion that that is a short fence.

In a larger pic, if you look closely, you can see the fence goes up higher.

edit on 11-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Do you not know the difference between "the kid was inside the Jaguar cage" and "the kid was outside of the Jaguar cage"?

Let me make this as simple as possible for you.

"Inside the Jaguar cage" is when the kid gets attacked by a Jaguar and eaten.

"Outside the Jaguar cage" is where the kid tweets about it later.

HOAX.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Do you not know the difference between "the kid was inside the Jaguar cage" and "the kid was outside of the Jaguar cage"?

HOAX.

It's not a HOAX.

The kid jumped the first fence barrier and went to the secondary fence where he could physically touch the animal.

"Cage" is relative to the entire enclosure IMO.

You are nit-picking.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

HOAX.

It's not a HOAX.

The kid jumped the first fence barrier and went to the secondary fence where he could physically touch the animal.

You are nit-picking.

Here's what happens when a human actually enters the cage.

www.youtube.com...

Notice any difference?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That guy was lucky.

This one barely made it out alive!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Where do people get these crazy ideas that they can actually enter the enclosures of these wild cats?

Could it be from inane News casts misreporting that a kid entered a Jaguar cage and got away with it?

The guy in the following video thought he'd pet the white tiger in this Indian zoo.

Unfortunately there was no one standing by to shoot the animal with a tranquilizer dart like the last guy.

WARNING!! This is raw footage.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
For the record, here's a picture of the leopard enclosure at the Houston Zoo. There most certainly is a fence to jump over before you get to the inner fence, just as I expected.

ETA: Bigger view: files.abovetopsecret.com... and thanks google maps for being everywhere...

So you never heard of climbing? These are not toddlers, these are high school freshmen. It's very easy to do. Duh!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

HOAX.

It's not a HOAX.

You are nit-picking.

www.youtube.com...

Notice any difference?

I find your argument on this subject ridiculous.

Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

That guy was lucky.

This one barely made it out alive!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Where do people get these crazy ideas that they can actually enter the enclosures of these wild cats?

Could it be from inane News casts misreporting that a kid entered a Jaguar cage and got away with it?

The guy in the following video thought he'd pet the white tiger in this Indian zoo.

Unfortunately there was no one standing by to shoot the animal with a tranquilizer dart like the last guy.

WARNING!! This is raw footage.

www.youtube.com...

Oh pul-eeze! You seriously think the article this morning gave him the idea! Yeah, ummm, ok, whatever!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Notice any difference?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Are you not looking at the same picture everyone else is? The kids hand is either very close or touching the back legs of that Jaguar....so if he is not inside the enclosure then the jaguar is outside just laying on a table?

Here are the regulations per federal guidelines:

Enclosures - To keep large cats safely in captivity, enclosures must be constructed of sufficient size and strength to address the emotional and physical needs of the feline. Some states have specific caging requirements as part of their permitting process, and all keepers must be familiar with their individual state’s regulations.

Surrounding all large cat enclosures must be an 8-foot tall perimeter fence. Additionally, safety features such as double-door entry systems and a means of separating the feline from the keeper when inside the enclosure should be incorporated into the enclosure design.

So, please point out the 8 foot fence separating the kid from the jaguar in this instance, because the fence I see is about waist high and the jaguar is higher than the fence on the table....

Thank you! That is all!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

, because the fence I see is about waist high and the jaguar is higher than the fence on the table....

The "fence you see" is only visible because of the contrasting background.

It extends all the way up, even beyond the "8 foot" height you mention and would be attached to a ceiling piece because Jaguars can easily get over an 8 foot chainlink fence.

The camera's depth of focus completely obscures the top half of the fence.

If you can't understand photography at least you can use common sense.

If the fence was waist high, what was stopping the Jaguar from mauling the Juvie?

Please DENY ignorance!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

, because the fence I see is about waist high and the jaguar is higher than the fence on the table....

It extends all the way up, even beyond the "8 foot" height you mention and would be attached to a ceiling piece because Jaguars can easily get over an 8 foot chainlink fence.

If the fence was waist high, what was stopping the Jaguar from mauling the Juvie?

Please DENY ignorance!

Contrasting background? So the camera magically does NOT obscure the bottom half up to where you can see the twists at the top of the fence WHERE IT ENDS, but you are claiming it DOES obscure the top half somehow?

I understand photography very well, and what you are saying is absolute rubbish. The kids hand is either ON the cats back foot or very close. There is NO obscuring of a fence.

Please DENY ignorance.....your trolling of multiple threads on this site is obvious and old news.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Please DENY ignorance!

Contrasting background? So the camera magically does NOT obscure the bottom half up to where you can see the twists at the top of the fence WHERE IT ENDS, but you are claiming it DOES obscure the top half somehow?

I understand photography very well, and what you are saying is absolute rubbish. The kids hand is either ON the cats back foot or very close. There is NO obscuring of a fence.

Please DENY ignorance.....your trolling of multiple threads on this site is obvious and old news.

No, you don't have a clue about depth of field.

I'll take one last stab at 'common sense'.

If the fence is waist high and the kid is touching the Jaguar's foot, why isn't this story about him being mauled?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Two words...
Privilege
Arrogance

And I bet their "parents" are same kind of arrogant and privileged a**holes too.

Here's what should happen...

The school should name and shame those responsible, along with those who encouraged their friends to act in this way. Their parents should all be brought in collectively, and told exactly what happened, what each of their little brats did, and what the school plans to do about it.

I think all these kids should be expelled, and the Zoo should announce lifetime bans for each of them (might not be practical to enforce, but it sends a message).

We have seemingly moved on from public shaming, but I think we should bring it back. Kids these days seem to think they can act with impunity and anonymity, and they need to be shown that there are consequences. If their parents are incapable of raising decent Humans, then society needs to take over and teach these brats a lesson when the opportunity arises.

Name and shame them publicly, let everyone in their community know what kind of little cretins these kids are and see if they apologize or show any genuine regret for their actions.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Please DENY ignorance!

No, you don't have a clue about depth of field.

I'll take one last stab at 'common sense'.

If the fence is waist high and the kid is touching the Jaguar's foot, why isn't this story about him being mauled?

Apparently you are the one with no clue on depth of field...here's a refresher:

The area within the depth of field appears sharp, while the areas in front of and beyond the depth of field appear blurry. In optics, particularly as it relates to film and photography, depth of field (DOF) is the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in a scene that appear acceptably sharp in an image.

So are you saying that the fence changes depth from about waist high and is either, again, magically closer or farther away than where the camera actually captures it?

As far as the kid being able to touch it without being mauled...I would say dumb luck and likely the jaguar had just been fed and was resting on a table so it wasn't hungry....they don't tend to attack just for fun.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Two words...
Privilege
Arrogance

And I bet their "parents" are same kind of arrogant and privileged a**holes too.

Here's what should happen...

The school should name and shame those responsible, along with those who encouraged their friends to act in this way. Their parents should all be brought in collectively, and told exactly what happened, what each of their little brats did, and what the school plans to do about it.

I think all these kids should be expelled, and the Zoo should announce lifetime bans for each of them (might not be practical to enforce, but it sends a message).

We have seemingly moved on from public shaming, but I think we should bring it back. Kids these days seem to think they can act with impunity and anonymity, and they need to be shown that there are consequences. If their parents are incapable of raising decent Humans, then society needs to take over and teach these brats a lesson when the opportunity arises.

Name and shame them publicly, let everyone in their community know what kind of little cretins these kids are and see if they apologize or show any genuine regret for their actions.

Bear in mind, before you publicly flog the entire class, that the actual evidence begins and ends with one fuzzy picture.

Everything else here has been hearsay and fabrications.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join