It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF Elimination Act ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

[Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.)], a senior Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, said the policies under ATF's jurisdiction could be easily incorporated into other agencies.

Moreover, he argued, the ATF has become embroiled in too many controversies in recent years, like the botched "Fast and Furious" gun-tracking operation.

"The ATF is a scandal-ridden, largely duplicative agency that lacks a clear mission.

Its 'Framework' is an affront to the Second Amendment and yet another reason why Congress should pass the ATF Elimination Act," Sensenbrenner said in a statement.

The ATF director would have 180 days, or about six months, to submit a plan to Congress on how to wind down the agency.
Proposal: Abolishing the ATF

-
Additional-Background: ATF Shelves Bullet Ban Proposal

-
OBSERVATION-then-OPINION:

1. ATF - Costly-Eaters.

2. Obama won't sign it ... ( but the next one might ).

edit on 11-3-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Lol, ......"the agency is an affront to the 2nd amendment. "

Name one agency that isn't an affront to our constitution in one way or another. ATF, alcohol tobacco and firearms, I mean even there name is rediculous. Everything about our governing system is flawed and archaic. Besides, is it just me or the thought of even being "governed" (by imbeciles no less) is an insult of the highest order.

I don't even understand why it makes sense or feels neccesary to have people telling other people what they can or can't do. Talk about the blind leading the blind.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

LOL. Regulating the second amendment as contraband. Simply very funny.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I doubt it will ever happen but it sure would make allot of people who have ever dealt with BATF and seen some of their shenanigans feel much better.

Just ask some of the gun store owners how they were treated during the fast and furious fiasco when they did not want to make illegal sales. Then the hassles when the feds got caught .. They (the feds) at first were pointing fingers and blaming everyone else until even that would not work as a CYA tactic; especially in Texas and Arizona from what I was told.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Obama will sign whatever he is told to sign

His bosses are bankers and large industries

But Federal Reserve bankers are his ultimate overlords

Yours too ...

top topics

join