It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the craziest thing I have ever even heard of, let alone seen.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
There's a couple other stories like this with different animals.

Still, they are still WILD animals. It takes years and years to truly form a domesticated animal, through evolution, these guys just got lucky.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
Cool vid, and i loved your initial thought on his likely becoming lunch.

But it's "Ecthelion". Sorry, but i have an over-developed Tolkien nerve, and you made it twitch

Lol, grammar and spelling is an important issue in the world of type communications.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MasterKaman
a reply to: johnwick

thats nothing. ive been sleeping with a shrieking rattlesnake for 30 years.

last year she hit me over head with kitchen grinder as well

Damn!!!! (Said in the voice of Smokey from the movie Friday)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
There's a couple other stories like this with different animals.

Still, they are still WILD animals. It takes years and years to truly form a domesticated animal, through evolution, these guys just got lucky.

That is what I was thinking.

This isnt possible with most crocs.

This was just the one croc this was possible with.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Wow, nature can really surprise us with its wierdness sometimes. Good first thread OP, Thanks for sharing!

It can also be said that your first thread on ATS truly was a 'croc' !

Have an S&F

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
See that is my problem. I dont know if it actually cares or knows he is the path to the easy life, the golden goose or silver spoon, with eating him if he ever actually gets hungry later on.

Do they even possess the ability to understand or think this way?

I dont know, from what I know they are mouths with stomachs like sharks.

Many animals posses the concept of having friends and family. Just about all of them actually.

The difference between us and them is that when you live in the wild, nature doesn't give you a chance to be soft so you often have to suppress those instincts. Even people who don't have a society to rely on develop this habit. If you're not looking for it though you often miss it because most other animals don't have the language capabilities we do.
edit on 15-3-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
A squirrel let me scratch h it's head once.

Made a delicious stew.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Oh, another thing, if you like this, you should search "Unlikely Animal Friends" on your DVR.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I found it pretty sad that the croc died supposedly of natural causes, but I believe it was only 20 some years old. It did sustain a head injury at a young age. So, it's pretty amazing to say that during its whole life, even if short lived, it never ate the guy or bit any limbs off.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Very interesting vid about a very special friendship. Thanks OP.

I just have a couple of comments. First, I think it illustrates a capability of the reptile brain that makes me look at it a little differently. Clearly, there was imprinting. What's more, the croc seemed able to transfer some of that imprinting to Roger. Abstract thought?

Second, I object to Chito being called a shaman. Their relationship was not that of a shaman and their animal spirit, which revolves around altered states of consciousness, projection, and ritual. Not imprinting.

👣

edit on 684ThursdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruThursdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Very interesting vid about a very special friendship. Thanks OP.

I just have a couple of comments. First, I think it illustrates a capability of the reptile brain that makes me look at it a little differently. Clearly, there was imprinting. What's more, the croc seemed able to transfer some of that imprinting to Roger. Abstract thought?

Second, I object to Chito being called a shaman. Their relationship was not that of a shaman and their animal spirit, which revolves around altered states of consciousness, projection, and ritual. Not imprinting.

👣

I agree, it was a bond, not witnessed before.

Doesn't make it impossible though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join