It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Responds To GOP Letter: They Don’t Even Understand Their Own Constitution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Granite
Congressmen breaking US and international law is tyranny. What they did was not an act of congress, what they did is a felony. I hope to see them prosecuted.

Unfortunately "We the People" run the show... that is the House (of Congress)

Congress alone has the power to control the armed forces and each president has to stand before congress and request use and justify use of the armed forces.

Congress can shut government down... that means a lot of the Executive Branch's authority.

Our government can not run without the will of the people (except in continuity fashion)

Congress is our safety net, good or bad... red or blue.

The silliest thing about our system is that we don't need no stinking presidents!

Sucks them dems have no idea what a mid-term election is.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I love this whole "We all love Iran" suddenly .. this is so idiotic .. Iran is a major contributor of the very terror that we try to get rid off and now we want them to have Nuclear power??? I said it in a different thread - there is no right to have a technology even you develop the capabilities .. for certain technologies you need to provide a safe environment and the international community has to judge it from case to case.. well f*** the international community - they are only interested to make more money with Iran ..

Like idiotic Germany where their foreign minister just criticized the letter .. well Germany had before sanction about 1.2 Billion EUR in exports to Iran and after easing the sanctions that raised to 1.6 Billion EUR - it's expected to raise well over to 2.5 Billion if Nuclear power is established a great income for Germany! So don't tell me that they CARE about the safety in that region - it's a quick buck.

So I am happy that some of our leaders have actually the guts to undermine the president and give a foreign terrorist regime the middle finger! It shows me that there is still hope for the United States!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I love this whole "We all love Iran" suddenly .. this is so idiotic .. Iran is a major contributor of the very terror that we try to get rid off and now we want them to have Nuclear power??? I said it in a different thread - there is no right to have a technology even you develop the capabilities .. for certain technologies you need to provide a safe environment and the international community has to judge it from case to case.. well f*** the international community - they are only interested to make more money with Iran ..

Like idiotic Germany where their foreign minister just criticized the letter .. well Germany had before sanction about 1.2 Billion EUR in exports to Iran and after easing the sanctions that raised to 1.6 Billion EUR - it's expected to raise well over to 2.5 Billion if Nuclear power is established a great income for Germany! So don't tell me that they CARE about the safety in that region - it's a quick buck.

So I am happy that some of our leaders have actually the guts to undermine the president and give a foreign terrorist regime the middle finger! It shows me that there is still hope for the United States!

You mean the Iran that is currently helping the Iraq Army fight ISIS?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
I'm glad they wrote that letter, guess what, Iran wants us dead, we will eventually have a war with them regardless of this treaty,

Out of all the comments in this thread, the above forms a basic bottom line for me. All this arguing is a little like discussing what to wear on the way to the guillotine.

As per above, WAR with IRAN is almost 100% INEVITABLE. It is kind of the USA destiny here, dating back to the days of Jimmy Carter.

So this letter doesn't do more than cast an interesting outline on a much bigger (and pretty horrific) picture.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

State Dept Describes Iran Deal as 'Nonbinding'

State Dept Describes Iran Deal as 'Nonbinding' (March 10, 2014)

lmao! wow! look at her nearly fly off the handle just being questioned...

What the hell is it with them now a days? they're not fit to rule even!

They want moral support with this deal and to look like they're doing something, but they're not really doing anything being nonbinding.

Spoiled! 100% All of Them....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
I love this whole "We all love Iran" suddenly .. this is so idiotic .. Iran is a major contributor of the very terror that we try to get rid off and now we want them to have Nuclear power???

the Dems are just doing it on purpose, they can think of nothing better to do!

The biggest fool would change one inkling of policy with Iran, they're freaking psycho!

I wish we would have went full-in back in 1979 and we wouldn't be dealing with them right now... Carter was a neutered puppy though.

Iran will not hesitate 15 damn seconds after they have a warhead to use it against Israel or United State or an ally.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So is Egypt and Jordan...

But one thing we have learned over the years is that you do not trust any of these nations.

They will ally with the West or the East if it provides them the opportunity to kill each other in their own self interest!

We have 3 main factions f Islam warring at any given moment over there...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You mean that Iran does one thing that fits within our agenda- and they are not fighting them to HELP the US or the Iraqis - they are trying to prevent that ISIS is getting into their country .. so don't give me that crap that Iran is the big helper suddenly.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'll tell the thread this...

The IDF will preempt Iran and there will not be a damn thing we can do about it.

The IDF unlike the American Military is tasked with the preservation of Israel, regardless who is the figurehead.

The IDF has done it before, we warned them they would not have our support if they acted first back in the 6 day war, but they went in anyway... and laid waste to all the allied Arabs in 6 freaking days!

Nukes could possibly fly in our lifetime over there.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
The deal is still in the negotiating process with other foreign countries. When a deal is met, the president sends it to the senate, where it can be debated, ratified or not ratified. These 47 republicans who are trying to sabotage this want war. There is no other logical conclusion for this letter. Hope their constituents are happy.

I didn't vote for either him or his opponent. As a mater of fact I haven't voted but once in the past 25 years because I consider it a waste of time at this stage and even though I consider myself a conservative constitutionalists, Tom Cotton is a neo-con of the Nth degree and will do his best to support the traitor, in my opinion, John McCain and Lindsy Graham.

To top all of this off, one of our state senators is even proposing state legislation that would allow Cotton to run for either president or vice president in 2020. Can anyone believe this garbage, Tom Cotton as vice or president of the us. What insanity.

Arkansas Senate would let Cotton seek 2 jobs in 2020

www.katv.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'm an Iranian and I respect "my woman" .... You monkey amerikan.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
To anyone considering themselves Republican... WHY?

I come from a home of "Eisenhower republicans" and certainly am a mix of both (and more) philosophies, as nearly everyone living in the States actually are, but wonder how folks, especially folks who are a tad literate and able to tell their colors apart, can identify with these mental midgets?

Why can't the folks with a braincell or two bite the bullet and enter politics? It seems that every smart republican goes into the private sector to make their money and spurns public service as underpaid... ohhhhhhhh... okay, answered my own query.

Never mind.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomdeterreur
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I'm an Iranian and I respect "my woman" .... You monkey amerikan.

That is awesome! I knew there had to be at least one real man over there who followed a wise and moral code!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The Logan Act only forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S.. Members of Congress would not be considered as "unauthorized citizens".

The U.S. Constitution itself states that it is the Supreme Law of the Land and therefore is superior to any international law or the laws of another sovereign state within the territory claimed as the United States of America. As an inherent right of sovereignty, treaties can and have been broken and Congress has the sole authority to ratify, turn down or break treaties... not the POTUS.

To change any of that, the Constitution itself must be amended.

a reply to: buster2010

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrAverage
The Logan Act only forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S.. Members of Congress would not be considered as "unauthorized citizens".

The U.S. Constitution itself states that it is the Supreme Law of the Land and therefore is superior to any international law or the laws of another sovereign state within the territory claimed as the United States of America. As an inherent right of sovereignty, treaties can and have been broken and Congress has the sole authority to ratify, turn down or break treaties... not the POTUS.

To change any of that, the Constitution itself must be amended.

a reply to: buster2010

And that's by design to protect the country from scenarios like Dictatorship! Not the single man makes the decision but the majority of the people! Obama hasn't got that message yet!

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
To anyone considering themselves Republican... WHY?

I come from a home of "Eisenhower republicans" and certainly am a mix of both (and more) philosophies, as nearly everyone living in the States actually are, but wonder how folks, especially folks who are a tad literate and able to tell their colors apart, can identify with these mental midgets?

Why can't the folks with a braincell or two bite the bullet and enter politics? It seems that every smart republican goes into the private sector to make their money and spurns public service as underpaid... ohhhhhhhh... okay, answered my own query.

Never mind.

I think you need to include the following:

Anyone with a good working brain is staying FAR FAR FAR away from politics ... that's why we only have the idiots up there .. sad :-\

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You do realize that the actual text of the letter is correct. If you read it --blogs.wsj.com...

For those of you who cite the Logan Act: The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that forbids unauthorized citizens from negotiating with foreign governments having a dispute with the U.S Don't be a bunch of regurgitating goldfish... the text of the letter is not an attempt to negotiate anything.... it simply points out that the President cannot fiat a treaty. It requires Congress to approve it.

Clearly many of you have never had to negotiate anything. The letter, should President Obama choose to recognize it, actually strengthens HIS negotiating hand..... "Jeepers guys, I need more concession from you bad Iranians, because if I don't get them, this treaty isn't going to have the votes to pass Congress." If Iran wants a deal.... it should be in their interest to figure out how to appease Congress and give the President what he asks for in the text of the treaty. If they don't provide concessions, I guess we know the treaty wasn't that important to them.

As for treaties.... Did anyone notice how we didn't hold up our end of the defense treaty with Ukraine... nor with Georgia, both events happened under Obama. People, you can't pick and choose which part of a treaty to ignore once it is signed... there are no "do-overs." It doesn't matter if you are Democrat or Republican... a treaty becomes law when ratified and a failure to uphold the treaty becomes a breach of trust. The real question, if you are an Iranian, how do you trust what this President will enforce. He didn't enforce the Ukraine and Georgia treaty. Domestically, he is picking and choosing which parts of laws not to enforce; which laws to completely ignore, and he attempts to interpret laws in ways that so severely push the boundaries of reason... it is stunning. Look, I don't support many of Obama's policies, but he is the President and the Senate just handed him an early Christmas present .... from a negotiating stand point. It might not have been intentional, but Obama should be thanking his lucky stars.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: trog42x601
If Iran wants a deal.... it should be in their interest to figure out how to appease Congress and give the President what he asks for in the text of the treaty.

That ship has already left the dock, hell it's not even in the harbor any longer.

The mid-terms won a red (republican)landslide in the House the likes of which haven't been seen in over 50yrs!

When Obama took office the stars we're aligned for Iran, Obama had a blue majority House.

The republicans want absolutely nothing to change with Iran, as does the tea party and the common voter.

The only thing the red wants to see is things get even more strict for Iran.

The red is also awaiting their Red President, which is inevitable because every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

The blue team is going to be longing for the days when Bush 2.0 was in office, here shortly.

Iran needs to import clean coal and alternative energy sources, this is the stage the rest of the developed world is already heading anyway.

We all know why Iran wants nukes...
edit on 13-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The odd thing about Iran.

They have extra oil and natural gas.

How come they don't like those for generators?

Hmmm.

Very strange.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't think they're sitting on much oil... and never really considered them sitting on NG.

I think we need to do like we've always done because it's successful...

We support and nurture insurrection because Russia hasn't been able to hold onto anything since their pullout of Afghanistan. One by one the eastern block gone, and we all know Iran is a Russian vested interest.

Khomeini's granddaughter is leader of the largest liberation party in Iran right now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join