It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman and her children swam with mysterious ghost child

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

Did the OIN have Mohawks at all in the very early days? Or just the Mohawk Indians? Just curious if it was possibly an OIN.

BTW, I don't think you're coming off as smarty pants at all. I think your knowledge is invaluable! Thank you for your help! Truly!

The Oneida Indian Nation was always a separate entity from the Mohawks farther east. This divide became even deeper in the days after the French and Indian War leading up to the American Revolution as the Iroquois started to pick sides. Joseph Brant who was Chief of the Mohawks and a friend of Sir William Johnson sided, to their detriment, with the British while the Oneida backed the fledgling United States. While the Iroquois are more well known as being a confederacy of separate nations who banded together for both trade purposes and a huge influence on the US Constitution, they are first and foremost a language group. The interconnectedness of this language group led them to band together to keep at bay warring Algonquin's who essentially surrounded them in the North across the St. Lawrence, to the east in Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, South Eastern NY(From around Kingston down to present day NYC) and to the West in Ohio, Michigan and Wisconson. The Iroquois were an island amongst greater numbers of equally ferocious warriors and while no set date is known for the beginning of the Confederacy, it was intact prior to European colonization and typically based on archaeological evidence it is thought to have come into being between 1450 and 1600. Each tribe however, maintained their separate identity and languages despite Mohawk being used at all large or formal gatherings. The lands of the Mohawk and Oneida bordered each other out near what is now Herkimer so they would have had more frequent contact with each other than the Mohawk would with say the Cayuga whose land was out in the Finger Lakes region.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: Anyafaj

I believe ppl with autism are geniuses in their own way. Children often see spirits as animals as well. I have heard numerous stories of Indians haunting certain grounds. Have you ever seen the Amityville movie? The house was supposedly built on an Indian burial ground.

I actually haven't but I have seen all the Poltergeists, as well as read the original book before watching the movie. (The book was so much better in my opinion, but they usually are. And, well eventually, everything built will by on old burial ground, really. LOL) Two blocks away, on Doxtator Str. in Rome, we lived in a 2nd story apartment of a house. Very weird house! Very! My ex did a séance in that place. Nope! Nuh-uh! Never again! My sister's ex husband, (still married at the time) had the audacity to ask the damn thing to prove it was real, next thing he knew he was running around the house like someone rubbed acid in his eyes. I was wearing my cross, as was my sister. I wasn't taking NO chances! My ex said then no one will come. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! LOL

I had my very first astral projection in that house. Very trippy. Cool, but trippy. My very first experience with ghosts were in that house. I ALWAYS felt like something was going to push me down the stairs. Always! For some reason, those stairs just felt evil. It's very hard to explain. I've never felt it more than I did in that house. I saw a ghost dog, and I KNEW that dog's name was Whiskey. I saw it in a dream. Come to find out, the landlord's son had a dog. They would give him a bit of whiskey or beer. Eventually the dog got old and had to be put down. Wanna guess what the dog's name was. It'll freak you out, cuz it did me. I woke to the dog "barking" in my face. It seems I was in his spot. We moved the bed and never saw him again. LOL

My ex and I had a linked dream. Talked about SERIOUS TRIPPY. I do NOT take drugs unless prescribed, but man that house was a serious trip. I dreamt that we were in the middle of a home invasion. Someone had broken in, he had a sawed off shotgun. 12 gauge. I remember it clear as day. It was bright as day in the room, we were begging with the guy trying to tell him we didn't have any money, nothing. It just seemed to make him madder. Next thing I knew he fired into my ex's chest. I freaked, screaming, crying! Then he fired into mine. I could feel the heat from the blast. No pain, just heat and blood pouring from the wound. and we both woke at the exact same time! I told him my dream, he said he saw it too, he saw only until he got shot, he didn't see me get shot. Here's the trippy thing, it was lightning and thunder outside. Somehow it worked it's way into our dream and made it a shared dream, something I have never had with anyone at the same time, and have never had again. So weird, but kind of cool too, in an odd sort of way.

As a child, I was "open" to experiences, but I never paid attention to them. If that makes any sense. For example, when my grandfather went into the hospital for cirrhosis of the liver, my father kept reassuring me he was going to be fine, he'll be home soon. Now, I do NOT remember doing this, but apparently I told my father, "Grieve now, because he will die within two weeks before he leaves the hospital." And for two weeks I cried, and grieved for a man who wasn't even dead yet! Again I have NO recollection of this at all! I had a brief memory and thought, how morbid! No way I did that! I asked my dad, a couple weeks ago, he said, "Not only did you say that, but you cried for two weeks, you refused to go to the funeral because he was already in heaven, and you were right, he died IN the hospital." Now mind you, this was back in 1983.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I believe ppl with autism are geniuses in their own way. Children often see spirits as animals as well. I have heard numerous stories of Indians haunting certain grounds. Have you ever seen the Amityville movie? The house was supposedly built on an Indian burial ground.

I forgot to mention, when my daughter was very young, she would "play" with the spirits of her "brothers and sisters". She had names and everything for them. I had 2 miscarriages before she was born, and 3 after. She claimed her brothers and sisters were sad they had no names, so she named them. She also claimed she used to play with her brother and sister when she was up in heaven before she was born. Now she doesn't talk about this anymore because the psychologist told her this was all make believe, and you should talk about make believe. This is because she badly scratched a kid's face for sitting in a "imaginary friend's" chair. Truthfully, half the time, her imaginary friends were spirits, because late at night would hear her toys moving about, or the electronics going off while she was sound asleep on her bed. I just wrote it off really, as long as it wasn't an evil poltergeist, I didn't care. but the psych doc got her to not talk about it period anymore. She knows heaven is real, she knows her brothers and sisters are up there, but she won't talk about them anymore. At least not out loud. She's afraid they'll send her back to the psych ward. She's been there 5 times already. So I can understand the fear. I don't know where you're located, but here, autism is considered a "mental illness", heaven forbid!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Did the OIN have Mohawks at all in the very early days? Or just the Mohawk Indians? Just curious if it was possibly an OIN.

BTW, I don't think you're coming off as smarty pants at all. I think your knowledge is invaluable! Thank you for your help! Truly!

The Oneida Indian Nation was always a separate entity from the Mohawks farther east. This divide became even deeper in the days after the French and Indian War leading up to the American Revolution as the Iroquois started to pick sides. Joseph Brant who was Chief of the Mohawks and a friend of Sir William Johnson sided, to their detriment, with the British while the Oneida backed the fledgling United States. While the Iroquois are more well known as being a confederacy of separate nations who banded together for both trade purposes and a huge influence on the US Constitution, they are first and foremost a language group. The interconnectedness of this language group led them to band together to keep at bay warring Algonquin's who essentially surrounded them in the North across the St. Lawrence, to the east in Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut, South Eastern NY(From around Kingston down to present day NYC) and to the West in Ohio, Michigan and Wisconson. The Iroquois were an island amongst greater numbers of equally ferocious warriors and while no set date is known for the beginning of the Confederacy, it was intact prior to European colonization and typically based on archaeological evidence it is thought to have come into being between 1450 and 1600. Each tribe however, maintained their separate identity and languages despite Mohawk being used at all large or formal gatherings. The lands of the Mohawk and Oneida bordered each other out near what is now Herkimer so they would have had more frequent contact with each other than the Mohawk would with say the Cayuga whose land was out in the Finger Lakes region.

Ok. I was curious. So it's entirely possible then it might be a Mohawk Indian. I do know it's carrying a tomahawk if memory serves. I'll have to see if I can mail my storage key to my sister and see if she can find the box that has my discs in it. I know it's the one with my computer discs.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Being in Australia, I would be more worried about a croc swimming in that murky water than a ghost.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sorry to rain on the parade, but as I look at this photo it just looks like the kid in the middle not looking at the camera is actually creating a small splash of water with his left hand. A little trading water can make strange splash patterns and I believe that this photo caught one. The water would be thin enough to look white as it was splashed and in the negative will look black because that's exactly what it is, negative. Putting pictures in negative isn't really scientific analysis in all reality it just looks cool and sometimes things that look like smudges and splashes gain more definition with a darker color that they seem to take more shape than normal i.e. a swimming ghost.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Poofmander

Sorry to rain on the parade, but as I look at this photo it just looks like the kid in the middle not looking at the camera is actually creating a small splash of water with his left hand. A little trading water can make strange splash patterns and I believe that this photo caught one. The water would be thin enough to look white as it was splashed and in the negative will look black because that's exactly what it is, negative. Putting pictures in negative isn't really scientific analysis in all reality it just looks cool and sometimes things that look like smudges and splashes gain more definition with a darker color that they seem to take more shape than normal i.e. a swimming ghost.

That's ok. It's not a rain on parade. It's interesting to get a differing perspective. There's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

My ex did a séance in that place. Nope! Nuh-uh! Never again! My sister's ex husband, (still married at the time) had the audacity to ask the damn thing to prove it was real, next thing he knew he was running around the house like someone rubbed acid in his eyes.

Ya, I have never heard of anything good coming out of doing a seance or using a Ouija board lol. I guess unless you want proof like your sister's ex, I bet he is a believer now lol. I am happy with hearing stories of other ppl, I tend to believe some of these stories as circumstantial evidence.

I dreamt that we were in the middle of a home invasion. Someone had broken in, he had a sawed off shotgun. 12 gauge. I remember it clear as day. It was bright as day in the room, we were begging with the guy trying to tell him we didn't have any money, nothing. It just seemed to make him madder. Next thing I knew he fired into my ex's chest. I freaked, screaming, crying! Then he fired into mine. I could feel the heat from the blast. No pain, just heat and blood pouring from the wound. and we both woke at the exact same time! I told him my dream, he said he saw it too, he saw only until he got shot, he didn't see me get shot. Here's the trippy thing, it was lightning and thunder outside. Somehow it worked it's way into our dream and made it a shared dream, something I have never had with anyone at the same time, and have never had again. So weird, but kind of cool too, in an odd sort of way.

Well, I read a book about a psychologist who studied "fringe" psychology and she had a class where she told her students to recount their dreams and one girl said she had a dream where she was in a car wreck and she was floating above her dead body and saw her head was severed off. A month or so later another student came to the teacher and said "remember that girl who recounted her dream of dying in a car crash? Well she died in a car crash yesterday and her head was severed." I think this is us tapping into "parallel lives" or maybe events that could happen in our current life. Maybe that was what your dream was, good thing that didn't occur though

I have had a crazy dream where a black shadowy figure was hovering over my chest. I freaked out, tried yelling for help but I couldn't, so my soul left my body and started floating a few meters above my body. I then floated in the other room to try and wake up my uncle for help but he couldn't hear me. I woke up sweating and screaming. I know what sleep paralysis is and this was not that.

Now she doesn't talk about this anymore because the psychologist told her this was all make believe, and you should talk about make believe.

That is too bad that mainstream science does not research these topics. It sounds like you have given your daughter these abilities that you have. Throwing her in a psych ward is horrible.

I don't know where you're located, but here, autism is considered a "mental illness", heaven forbid!

I was listening to an episode of Coast to Coast Am and a doctor was on explaining how the gov't has released certain chemicals in food/water that cause genetics of people with psychic abilities to form autism. I will try to dig up the video. He has a lot of evidence to support what he says. What you are saying seems to coincide with that though.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
So no one is going to say "maybe its a splash, or one of the swimmers' feet?" Considering whatever is there is ACTUALLY there by the negative, clearly, and none of them is frightened of it even though some are facing that direction and could see it.

No one apparently saw it when they were swimming, but the mother reports she did feel it pull on her daughter's leg when they were swimming. So it wasn't seen, but apparently felt. Supposedly, if we take her at her word.

How would one person feel something pulling on another person's leg? The gullibility meter is in the red zone.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

She said supposedly. Also, since the daughter is small(know from the picture) one could feel an added weight of a pull on the leg.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

She said supposedly. Also, since the daughter is small(know from the picture) one could feel an added weight of a pull on the leg.

Let me ask you this: if you were swimming in crocodile infested Australia holding a small child and felt something pull on the child would you a) freak out and get the hell out of the water or b) smile and pose for a photo and later attribute it to a ghost?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I was listening to an episode of Coast to Coast Am and a doctor was on explaining how the gov't has released certain chemicals in food/water that cause genetics of people with psychic abilities to form autism. I will try to dig up the video. He has a lot of evidence to support what he says. What you are saying seems to coincide with that though.

Evidence? I bet not.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Ya, I have never heard of anything good coming out of doing a seance or using a Ouija board lol. I guess unless you want proof like your sister's ex, I bet he is a believer now lol. I am happy with hearing stories of other ppl, I tend to believe some of these stories as circumstantial evidence.

Well, I read a book about a psychologist who studied "fringe" psychology and she had a class where she told her students to recount their dreams and one girl said she had a dream where she was in a car wreck and she was floating above her dead body and saw her head was severed off. A month or so later another student came to the teacher and said "remember that girl who recounted her dream of dying in a car crash? Well she died in a car crash yesterday and her head was severed." I think this is us tapping into "parallel lives" or maybe events that could happen in our current life. Maybe that was what your dream was, good thing that didn't occur though

I have had a crazy dream where a black shadowy figure was hovering over my chest. I freaked out, tried yelling for help but I couldn't, so my soul left my body and started floating a few meters above my body. I then floated in the other room to try and wake up my uncle for help but he couldn't hear me. I woke up sweating and screaming. I know what sleep paralysis is and this was not that.

That is too bad that mainstream science does not research these topics. It sounds like you have given your daughter these abilities that you have. Throwing her in a psych ward is horrible.

The weird thing is I don't consider myself as "connected". My ex though, he is seriously connected. He will see visions and they will come true, the only thing is, he doesn't know how to interpret what he's seeing half the time, so he has to tell someone what he's dreaming and THEY have to interpret the dreams for him.

For example, he thought my brother was going to get into a roll over accident. My brother got into a serious accident alright, but not a roll over. What he ended up seeing, was HIS brother Humvee getting hit by an IED in Iraq 2 years later, when it actually happened, he dropped like a ton of bricks because he realized THAT was what he saw.

He saw the World Trade Towers, only he didn't know it at the time. He thought it was an oil field or something in Australia. He didn't see the planes hitting, he saw the buildings falling. He saw the dust cloud, so he thought it was a nuke going off, which, is kind of what it looked like quite honestly. He saw a car land upside down and a guy with an Aussie accent talking afterwards, which gave him the impression it was Australia. Once he saw the dust from the towers falling, he put two and two together.

There have been other visions of his, but you can get an idea of how his plays out. I told him he needs to find a way to train if you will, so he can hone it better and be able to better read what his visions are trying to tell him, but he's lazy, so he doesn't.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Let's examine your claims: a dream about buildings falling in an oil field or "something in Australia" is proof that your ex dreamed about 911 before it happened? Huh?

A dream about your brother getting into a roll over accident is proof that your ex dreamed that HIS brother's Humvee would be hit by an IED in Iraq two years later? Huh?

These are examples of wishful thinking and magical thinking.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Let's examine your claims: a dream about buildings falling in an oil field or "something in Australia" is proof that your ex dreamed about 911 before it happened? Huh?

A dream about your brother getting into a roll over accident is proof that your ex dreamed that HIS brother's Humvee would be hit by an IED in Iraq two years later? Huh?

I said, he thought it was an oil field. Once he SAW clearly what it was it was easier for him to see what he had seen in his dreams. Same with the car accident. It was NOT my brother that had a roll over. My brother smashed into a DPW truck. HIS brother DID have an IED under their Humvee causing it to roll over almost killing his brother. Feel free to make fun, I don't give a flying flip. Why come to a thread if all you're going to do is mock? It's stupid!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I said, he thought it was an oil field. Once he SAW clearly what it was it was easier for him to see what he had seen in his dreams. Same with the car accident. It was NOT my brother that had a roll over. My brother smashed into a DPW truck. HIS brother DID have an IED under their Humvee causing it to roll over almost killing his brother. Feel free to make fun, I don't give a flying flip. Why come to a thread if all you're going to do is mock? It's stupid!

It wasn't really a Tiger in India after all. Now that I'm at the zoo I realize that the dream was really about a porcupine in North Carolina. Right.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

It wasn't really a Tiger in India after all. Now that I'm at the zoo I realize that the dream was really about a porcupine in North Carolina. Right.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Murphy's Hole in Lockyer River, south-east Queensland. There aren't crocs there. Not all of Australia is croc ridden. So don't panic people, the lady and her kid weren't being tugged at by one of those bad boys.

I think this is a interesting photo, initially I thought it was Pareidolia; splashed water and sunlight, but the inverted image, hmmm. dunno. Thanks Op.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The correct answer for me is A.

Evidence? I bet not.

No, zero evidence. You win

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Pareidolia.

Obviously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join