It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange moon crater anomaly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Look at this crater, it looks like it has two objects in it. the shape does not seem right.

keithlaney.net...
You must download the full image for a better view.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jamie6737

That is pretty bizarre! I have seen some crazy anamolies before too. This one is really black!! Be ready for all the , "hey that's just a rock." Or "That's just a processing glitch." crowd. Cool find!!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Good Picture and there is a lot more to see.
Just look here... some kind of Antenna or metallic reck (i don't know!?)
Far down on the leftside. I think there are also some "buildings" smuged out
but you can still see some white specs of it. above the "Reck"

edit on 10/3/15 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I see 4 anomalies in that photo. The 2 you guys mention, plus a green patch in towards the bottom right, and in the top right there is what looks like the letter "P."

Id say probably shopped..

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

From image in the OP, it doesn't look like a crater.

Looks like an object that smashed, and went right into landscape (or moonscape? ) and got wedged in there!

From OP image, the said object doesn't have a classic "bowl-like" crater.

Waiting for clarification on this

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That's just an old discarded medicine jar like the one my multimineral tablets come in. Same color and everything.

From the picture further down, it appears this is just off some sort of golf course.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

It looks like nothing more than an anomaly on the film.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Ditto, probably a bit of fibre in the camera, on the film, or even when the scanning was being done. Indeed, look at the full-sized image carefully and you'll find several such artifacts. You can also look at the same area imaged by the LRO and see that those "things" are not really there. I'm heading off to work in a bit, but will post details later today.

[Edit] Found one of the LRO NAC image strips covering that area. Taken at 50 cm/pixel resolution: wms.lroc.asu.edu...

Here's a section of that LRO stip overlayed on the OP's image:

edit on 11-3-2015 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I can tell you that the 'object' doesn't appear on any images taken by Lunar Orbiter, or by the LRO, or India's Chandrayaan probe, or any of the Apollo 15 EVA photographs or TV, or any of the Apollo 15 mapping camera images from orbit, or even the next photograph taken by the same camera at the same time.

It isn't a rock, or a crater, it's a bit of crap on the film.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Or part of the original camera, or on the scanner that was used to digitize the image. Remember, all of these images were originally on film negatives or on film prints, so to make the digital versions that we can all see on the internet, someone needed to scan them.

Here is a webpage about scanning process. There is a section on the different anomalies that may be present due to debris being somewhere along the optical path of the original camera:
apollo.sese.asu.edu...

edit on 3/11/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
I can tell you that the 'object' doesn't appear on [...] the next photograph taken by the same camera at the same time.

Yes, here's that next frame: keithlaney.net...
The OP's artifact has disappeared, but a new one appeared to the right of it (a fairly large dark blob). So it was either something on the photographic film, or got there during the printing or scanning.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: D0MiNAT0R 1OOO
Good Picture and there is a lot more to see.
Just look here... some kind of Antenna or metallic reck (i don't know!?)
Far down on the leftside. I think there are also some "buildings" smuged out
but you can still see some white specs of it. above the "Reck"

Same as with the OP's "anomaly", that thing is abscent from the next frame taken with the same camera right after the first one; but a new artifact appears just to the right of it, making it very certain that it's some piece of debris (dirt or fibre) that was either on the film or appeared during the printing or scanning process.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
...and in case anyone doubts that it is possible for such contamination to occur during the scanning process, here is a fine example of a tarmac highway between two secret underground areas at Hadley Rille

or someone's personal hygiene is not what it could have been.

top topics

join