It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adolf Hitler's Views on Religion and Evolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Cogito, Ergo Sum

That's true, too; I figured that by the OP title.

Being half German, and in one of those moods
, I let it slip. Defensive about my ancestry, you know.
Sorry.
Thanks for your cordiality.

Reminds me of Fawlty Towers.....(somehow). The other half of me is English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Polish, Russian, and Finnish. Go figure.

No problems.

It's always worth keeping in mind re things such as the Milgram experiments and Germany in WW2, that things are rarely black and white...there are instances where German citizens did risk their own lives to buck Nazi authority and help the Jews.

Though the war and motives involved had little to do with religion, the point of the op (as I see it) is a good one.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

the problem with your theory is that he killed millions of people i dont think he was truly in line with GODS heart

You mean the God that told the Jews to kill everyone in a city (Jericho?) and throw the babies from the wall?
I think it's you who doesn't know God's heart.

posted on Mar, 19 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

not to go off-topic but the bible clearly states the opposite, that true belief and truthful actions comes before any "good works" and that deeds do not matter because anyone can claim to be a christain by what they do or say but a liar will always be known as a liar to god, not you or anyone else.

i am basically saying that if you truly believe, truly repent your sins and truly act on gods behalf your actions do not matter, no matter how horrible they are.
because the truth behind actions is only known between you and god, not anyone else.

The end of the matter; all has been heard. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, with every secret thing, whether good or evil.

For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.

so whether he is christain or not is between him and god, for all anyone knows he might be in heaven or in hell, your opinion means nothing in the end.

to me i see him as just one of many leaders who have commited the same actions for the same reasons, no more evil than caesar, genghis khan or alexander or many leaders of many other nations throughout history who have wiped out specific populations in a targeted manner.

evil is seen by perception rather than the truth, people abhor what they fear and hitler is the greatest most recent and most visible example of their greatest fear, humanity itself.
they try to deny that truth by using him as a way to separate themselves, saying they are better, they are different, that they are righteous but in the end as history has proven, over and over, people given such a position of absolute power will act in much the same way as hitler and that only laws, codes and a strict social order prevents such things from occurring so often in modern times.

the nature of humanity has always been restricted in every nation throughout history because those in power recognize that dark aspect which most people fail to see, religion itself is a great limiter created by humans in positions of power by manipulating beliefs to control people through fears and the promise of rewards so they don't go out of control.

humans are like children who need to be controlled, needs a strict order, an outlet and a sense of safety and comfort otherwise they will act very much like him, impulsive, selfish, reactionary and violent.
people are only so well behaved in modern times because modern society is cut off from their true nature due to having that control, order, comfort, safety, an outlet and relative prosperity, not due to progress or being better than specific individuals such as hitler.

the self righteousness of some people is silly, all of us have just as much evil hidden inside of us as hitler, atheist or theist alike, so comfort yourself in whatever you think is the truth, you and i both know fear wins over truth with weak people who can't accept their dark side as real, they will keep hiding behind false words and defensive arguments.
hitler was human, you and him are the same, stop denying it already people, it has been 75 years already, this is ridiculous and keeping us from any real social development based on truth and reason, fear is not inductive towards progress.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses lately!

I haven't been on ATS much lately, no time to respond.

Just updating atm. I will be back later to write some replies.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Bring beer.

👣

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: StalkerSolent
You don't have to prove Hitler was influenced by Christianity to do that. You merely need to show where his ideas did, in fact, come from. I can see the "Jews as the inferior people" bit coming from Catholicism, but that neither explains his "survival of the fittest" ideas nor his belief that Aryans constituted a superior race. That idea might be traced back to scientific racism which was an idea that floated around before Darwin (although the idea of evolution was also a pre-Darwinian one.) It seems reasonable to believe that Darwin, however indirectly, influenced Hitler every bit as much as Christianity did (which, you've conceded, is not very much.)

I don't really mean influenced in the sense his ridiculous ideas came from Christianity. I mean it in the sense that he was not an atheist and believed in higher power. That belief in a higher power was influenced by Catholicism. In a loose sense, sure, but still influenced by. From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) he believed the Jews had altered and manipulated the scriptures. He believed Jesus was actually an Aryan. Obviously Hitler fed his own delusions of grandeur from a wide array of influences.

Historians believe that the evidence shows he was more of a materialist and that he hated Christianity, actually.

Well, I don't disagree with you entirely. I would say he hated what he viewed as false Christianity. And since his Aryan Jesus views are pretty unique (as far as I know) I would say that meant the Christianity he hated was the kind that didn't share those views.

If you had read the link I had posted, I'm not sure you'd hold those views

You caught me. I lazily skimmed some of it. After that comment though, I did go and read it all.

I'm not sure what to think about what Hitler truly believed in his own heart and mind. I will however concede to you that it wasn't some twisted form of Christianity. At least to the extent I have tried to show. I maintain he was no atheist, however.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Stalin Mao Pol Pot all wonderful proclaimed atheists who killed more than all religions put together, though I do think atheism is a religion.

I have to disagree.

Simply because the religious, have always outnumbered the non religious. I think that would be true the farther back you go in history as well. I'm not thinking of numbers just from war either. I am considering everything from ancient stoning, to modern "honor killings". You have to consider just how many religions or spiritual beliefs this planet has or has had in the past from a huge variety of cultures.

So lets not play the blame game, lets learn from the past and reflecton what we can do

Agreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join