It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece/Hellas to seize German property for the crimes of WWII

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Seizing assets is the absolute worst thing to do, believe me. The last thing business people around the world want to hear is those words. If they'll take German assets for 70 year old war reparations then they can just as easily grab any assets like many far left wing governments like to do.

Greece would be like Venezuela without the Oil. They would not see a dime of foreign investment for a decade until the far left was booted out of office. Greece doesn't have the natural resources to be self sufficient.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

lol we do have natural resources, thats why all that happens. And turkey is very aggressive and USA is pushing both my country and cyprus to coop with turks and share the wealth. But your country tried to play it smart, with an endless black hole debt, so they can grab them all. lol

We do have articles about ur country interest for Agean seas natural gass... (past articles).

Thank goodness we voted a mad mad crazy government, because now u get nothing. (I personally didnt vote those, I voted even crazier ones)

Seizing assets is the logical thing to do, if you refuse to pay what your country destroyed and robbed and killed. Your country didnt killed any of my relatives, but for the brutalised villages and their victims/relatives, I have to respect them more than ur alliance.

And its not us that we decided to enter IMF, its our puppets and your government, Papandreou and some germanic officers raised my country debt by 4% in 1 night and the next day the traitor papandreou announced our entry into IMF and ECB... The whole world knows that, from TROSKAN do you remember? He said it publicly and they start occusing him for sexual orgies...
edit on 12-3-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Threatening seizure of assets is just nuts. This was settled and signed off by previous Greek governments.....now Greece wants to move the goal posts. If i was Germany (or Turkey) i would put in claims for trillions for Byzantine aggression (and Eastern Roman Empire) and threaten seizures if payment is not forthcoming.......see, it can get rather silly?

I have huge sympathy for the Greek people though. Yes, Greece got itself into the mess but the ECB and IMF have completely compounded and exacerbated the problem. That said, i genuinely do not understand how the Greek people voted in Syriza. Did they not realise they couldn't deliver anything they offered? Or is it simply more that, at this stage, they just don't care anymore and any hope, however, knowingly false, is infinitely better than no hope at all? If the latter, then things are actually far worse in Greece than many of us realised (and we all read reports about how bad it is). That would demonstrate that not only are Greece broke, but the collective will has vanished.....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

its not a threat, at all. Threat is a tool... They dont use it as a threat in order to get loans. Its a public request for decades.

For many years now, the entire village/relatives requested that, but the prev government silenced it. The prev governments acted against us, they were berlin employees... Simitis, Papakonstantinu, Papandreu was an american child, Papadimas, Samaras, etc, etc... mostly the ministers, that do the whole damage.

Simitis, the one who entered my country into EU and you accuse us for faking the papers.... it is ur citizen actually, he lives there.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

But the Greek people kept voting him in, not the German people or anyone else......

Greece has to accept responsibility for its own mistakes, it is currently acting like the spoilt toddler refusing to accept any blame.

However, as i said above, i do have huge sympathy for the Greek people. How the ECB and IMF can justify, in effect, tripling their debts is simply beyond me. If you can't pay 110 billion euros how the hell can you pay over 300 billion?

Equally though, how can Germany be held responsible? Germany didn't force any of this and even today most Greeks don't want to abandon the Euro - you can't have it both ways.

As to Russia getting involved......they should be very careful given what they did to Eastern Europe and Germany post war. Any Russian claims on German cash could be seriously dwarfed by claims from Eastern Europe against Russia - one very strong reason why Russia is all talk and no trousers in this particular field.

I honestly don't know how Greece can get itself out this mes by staying in the Euro. The real issue, as far as i can see, is that the alternative is much worse in the short term, even if much better in the long term. I don't think the Greek people could cope with / stomach a decade of worse pain than present for a shinier future.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

what you mean that we kept voting him in. First of all, the voting system in Hellas, is identical to american... a fraud system, so they can be voted again and again, even without votes! We had politicians in the parliament with 100 votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be more precise, in order for each polling station that collects our votes, to be legal, it must exceed the number of 8-10 votes. So they dont care if its 8 or 10 million. 8-10 because, there are 4-5 representatives, in each polling station and in order for all votes to remain anonymous, they must have the least number of votes. Or else the polling station closes without voting.

So if 1 politican hires 200.000 people, immediately earns about 1 million votes, from them and their families and thats it. Thats what they did all these years. Or they bring some imigrants with faked or legal papers to vote.. An example is Turkey, more than 300 buses came from turkey to vote!

Also a jewish private company collects the votes... lol American jewish actually. Its not something national or 100% monitored... Singular Logic (search who bought it and who owned it before the new owner).

I personally start voting since we enter IMF, opposite in IMF political parties, in order to balance some things.

All in all, the last 3-5 years, we changed 5-6-7 governments? I lost the count, thats why people got angry and they kicked the prev ones massively, but again, we had 40% of the poppulation without voting.

people dont vote, because none of them is applicable for us. Illuminate says : Out of chaos comes order... and that is wrong. Because we invented Χαος and after Χαος our NEMESIS. You cannot control things you dont even understand.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

You can cry about your corrupt politicians, or your rotten democratic system all you want...

Who is the highest political body of your nation?
Who is thus responsible for the status quo in Greece?

You ought to know the answer to both questions, since it was the people of YOUR nation who 'invented' democracy... and democracy requires participation.
You told me before that you have chosen to sit on your couch instead.

You can point your fingers at Germany all you want.
Doesn't change the fact that it is really your fault.
Dealt with it.
edit on 12-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The corruption in Greece has really destroyed the country. Politics was corrupt like the OP said. Buy votes with promises and borrow the money to pay. I feel for Greek people, but their avoiding taxes is part of the problem.

en.wikipedia.org...

The new Left government of Greece can not threaten it's way out of this mess. A lot of hard work fixing the country is needed. Much less blaming others for better loans. Fix the crazy union stranglehold on entire industries like Trucking. Return integrity to politics. Collect taxes from everyone. Fire government workers that are not needed.

www.nytimes.com...

Personally I wouldn't lend one dollar to Greece. I love the people and country but I doubt I'd get that dollar back in the future.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

you dont know history very well or at least, your not interested to learn the true history. I ll tell you that.

Pythagoras said once - Κυάμων απέχεσθαι.

stay away from the ellections (I could tell you the history for the democracy and ellection if you wish, but it will de-rail the topic). Maybe you confused us with Kenedy who once said : Dont ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country. This is for americans.

Plato said : One of the punishments you will get, if you bother with politics, you end up ruled and getting commands from (inferior beings).

We have very interesting news/articles but not related with reperations, mostly with germanic government rage. But we also have strange development in politics all in all.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Again...

You've made your bed, now you must lie in it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

Again...

You've made your bed, now you must lie in it.

so you dont have to complaint about reparations. You see how beautifully you answered.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Biting the hand that has fed you is not very wise. Never going to happen anyway. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

We do not kiss or bite hands , especially germanic hands.

Never imply these things, because since Ioannis Kapodistrias, the only real Hellinic leader for the last 200 hundred years, that was murdered by the big powers, because they never wanted an entirely free Hellas. They gave us (german) Oto (Othonas first, he loved my country and he also built Athens, because he loved ancient artifacts and he loved parthenon, we payed that debt for his spences ofcourse) - Nafplio was the main city of Hellas at that time, not Athens. Then Glixbourgh's came and become kings and queens of my country and so on, his wife Frederica deadly hated my country and she also praised the British queen, to start WW3 from my country in nowadays, they still hold the titles even today and after the 45s with the civil war, it was all have to do with this specific thing and all the today politicians the 60-80% of them are progenies of those snails in the 40s, that worked against us and this things created a huge rage balloon.

Today yahoo, US press and the whole Germanic press speaks/argues about it. Now nobody knows who owns to who.

ps: UK still denies to open the file of Ioannis Kapodistrias, its shielded, because they killed him, in order to push their leaders into the country. A good news is that we wont default, not just yet, Tsipras said that all loans will be paid, even if ECB blocks the extension loan.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That wasn't meant as an insult, I understand. The unfortunate truth of the matter is that many peoples these days are subjugated by foreign interests. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You're not going to answer my questions, are you?

Just one last question then...
I see that you never answer any question regarding political accountability or responsibility of Greek politicians or people. Instead you always point fingers at Germans or Germany. All your posts about the Greek crisis show this.

Could it be possible that in truth you just hate Germans?
I know it is easier to blame us than to look in the mirror... why don't you just admit it?

*If I'm wrong... just answer:
Who is the highest political body of your nation, and who is thus responsible for the status quo in your nation?
edit on 13-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious
sorry that I didnt answered your questions before, its because I am dyslexic and I always answer to a thing that takes my attention (the eye). I dont read them all, I hate reading much.

As for your questions, I think my prev message also answers your question, stop hiding behind fingers. What does it mean whose the highest, I dont remember, we had so many governments the last 5 years, I have a kind of amnesia right now, so many names, hard to learn them so fast.

The highest in normal conditions is the president of democracy but he is like a pot... decorative. Like a pope without preaching and without a church. He has the title of citizen No 1 and today, Tsipras is No2. And all in all, Ellin are above them all. They are our employees, bound to serve us. Dot take examples from your puppets you had all these years. Thats the constitution we have the "democracy" so called. Tweaked of course, but somethings they cannot tweaked.

The problem with them, is that they always lie and thats why they fail.

Here is the new president of democracy, today is his first day... arouraios.gr...

This is citizen n1, US and germany doesnt fancy him much, but who cares.
edit on 13-3-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ploutonas
I dont read them all, I hate reading much.

Well, you should read them all.

Take the time you need, but if you want to engage in discussion (and even start it) in a forum that is mostly in written form, you have no choice but to read it. How else would you know what people are saying.

originally posted by: Ploutonas
And all in all, Ellin are above them all.

Exactly.

Your people are the highest political body of your nation, and are thus responsible for the status quo in your nation.

Its the same here. Its the same everywhere in the so-called "free world".
As long as we, the people, don't act on our responsibillity, we have no right to bitch and cry about the results.

That was my point all along.
edit on 14-3-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Maybe there is something in this story after all......

German coalition partners break ranks on Greek war reparations

There are various other stories about this also (including one in Bild). Basically, lawmakers in Germany are saying Greece may have a case after all. Even if reparations are ruled out, there is still a 10 Billion Euro loan to repay (at todays rates) taken out with a Greek national bank. That alone buys a bit of time for Greece.

Whilst none of this has ever been in dispute, what was in dispute was if historic reparations already signed off were the end of the matter. It is now starting to look like the answer is no, which could be a get out of jail free card for Greece given their current troubles.

That said, if legitimate i can't see Germany paying this back AND still supporting Greece - if they pay back, i think Greece will be out of the Euro pretty pronto.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join