It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring back Jeremy Clarkson NOW!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Well i'm pretty sure he can look after himself and take it, but your valiant defence of him is noble indeed, as well as a little odd

To be fair it is no more unusual than your distain of him.

He's like marmite you like him or you don't.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It was more odd in that i had stated Top gear was scripted, hackneyed, rehashed repetitive stuff that pretends to be naughty and Clarkson has spent forever making a living being a knob. And yet apparently i have given no reason for my feelings. Obviously

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

It was more odd in that i had stated Top gear was scripted, hackneyed, rehashed repetitive stuff that pretends to be naughty and Clarkson has spent forever making a living being a knob. And yet apparently i have given no reason for my feelings. Obviously

Apparently not!

As I said I like top gear and understand that you do not.

Our agreement that it is a fabricated tv show with charecters was never in question to me but others seem to struggle with the concept.

Del boy was a bit of a knob but a lovable idiot, rodney was a plonker and Grandad was a semi biggoted buffon and it was great tv, then it ran it's course.

Everyone needs TV in some form it's just how you choose to interpret it.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Just Chris

I am really disappointed.

Not in Jeremy Clarkson, I knew it would come to something like this. I am just disappointed to have been proven right, and that his shenanigans would lead to something like this. For what its worth, I really enjoyed his blather. Some of it was deeply questionable to be sure, but he has never been just a car reviewer, but also a craftsman of amusing sentences, and as those go, there are far worse out there. Frankie Boyle, Roy "Chubby" Brown, and many more over the years, are other examples of people who make VERY questionable jokes, and all of them worse than Clarkson, in terms of the blatancy involved.

Ah well. For all his nonsense, I shall miss him.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Well i'm pretty sure he can look after himself and take it, but your valiant defence of him is noble indeed, as well as a little odd

i just think we expect to much of people on television, we pretend they are suppose to behave better then anyone else in reality does simply because they are rich and famous, when truthfully these faults in our characters are apart of the human condition and do not leave us simply with wealth or fame, so it seems hypocritical to me to see us flawed humans criticizing other humans for minor flaws, off handed unintentionally insensitive comments by an individual who is not employed as a public servant are not something worth our vitriol, rather lets let human celebs be humans and focus this negative attitude instead on bad policy makers poor enforcers the actual criminals in our society who get away with it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Clarkson makes fun of Americans (like me) almost every show, and constantly on Twitter.

I don't care! It's funny, and a lot of it is true... People need to stop being so sensitive about everything. Not everyone should change just so you don't get offended.

That being said, he was suspended for allegedly punching a producer, which is a different matter.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
HA HA HA HA HA. maybe he can have a word with his bezzie mate david Cameron see if he can help him out in his hour of need. Cameron likes to help his questionable friends out. God I bet the daily mail reading masses are outraged today, which makes me laugh even more.no ones bigger than the show and that's the way it should be. I'm sure he'll be fine especially with the current right wing zeitgeist. Maybe he'll join ukip

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

a reply to: nerbot

You spelled Twat incorrectly. I'm not normally a spelling Nazi, but i thought that you should know

I was being polite to our members and used a nicer tone. Thanks for updating my sentiment though.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Get rid.

A new presenter might be a shot in the arm.

Remember, they said Countdown couldn't survive the loss of Carol Vorderman.

(Well, when I say "they" I'm mainly referring to the guys down at the dominoes club).

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

That's pretty much irrelevant and we have every right to expect better from him and it has nothing to do with wealth or success..when you consider he works for the national broadcaster paid for and supported by n**gers and "slopes", amongst others.

Anyone could very reasonably expect to be fired for gross misconduct for that, performance be damned. Do you think he has a code of conduct to follow as an employee of a public broadcaster, and stipulations in his contract about what constitutes misconduct?

I do, and it's pretty obvious he has been given plenty of leeway already and the BBC would have been well within their rights to have dumped him already if they so wished.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I agree with you again. This chump known as 'Clarkson' does nothing to eradicate the casual racism of Chinese impressions and such like.

As I said earlier... watching 3 middle aged men pretending to be other people and failing makes me want to puke all over my own body. An act that would be more enjoyable than watching 'Clarkson', 'May' and 'The One Who Says He Likes Porches To Make Him Appeal To Young Cool People'.

With any luck his penis will fall off meaning he will have to buy/drive even more tastelessly pointless cars.

EDIT: To add, what gets me in a punching mode is when someone says in an enthusiastic childlike happiness: "Did you watch Top Gear last night?" I can't decide whether to kill myself or the person I'm repeatedly punching in the face who is trying to tell me about a TV programme.

edit on 11-3-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I can't really top that. I tried and decided it wasn't worthwhile

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Bring back Clarkson or disband the BBC!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
Bring back Clarkson or disband the BBC!

Replace clarkson with a woman. A black woman who champions the benefits of safe driving and the environment

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

They should get that lady from "Liberty", Shami Chakrabarti to do it. Ugh. That's possibly too mean now that i think about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I like the show and Clarkson. I don't care what he's said or who he's punched. Here's to hoping/predicting he'll be back.

ETA there is no replacing him. If he goes, they might as well retire the show. I know I wouldn't watch it.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

ETA sure he's crass, but he's the ONLY tv personality left who doesn't COMPLETELY bow and scrape to political correctness. He's got the balls and I respect that.
edit on 11-3-2015 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I would rather bring back Attila The Hun

Well yeah, but that's a bit of a no-brainer isn't it though? I think there are quite a few of us who would rather bring back Any famous or infamous figure from history, than bring back ANY show that's been taken off the air... unless of course if that show is either MacGuyver, or Star Trek Next Generation.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Jeez the way some of you complain about this guy and his show... You should try putting up with American television. Honey Boo Boo, 16 And Pregnant, Teen Moms, Jersey Shore, Guy Code, Party Down South, Dr. Phil... This Top Gear is downright wholesome and educational compared to all the top shows here.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Jeremy Clarkson is a vile, sexist, racist, homphobic thug. He is an absolutely TERRIBLE role model. The BBC should have got rid of this waste of space years ago but as with everything they care more about the revenue he brings in than the damage his negative behaviour does.

Now add to the fact that David Cameron has spoke out in favour of Clarkson really shows what a complete and utter cess pool the UK really is. Then the massive amount of people who signed a petition to bring him back. They care more about a TV show than real issues that affect real people. Disgusting.

This country deserves to burn.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
HA HA HA HA HA. maybe he can have a word with his bezzie mate david Cameron see if he can help him out in his hour of need. Cameron likes to help his questionable friends out. God I bet the daily mail reading masses are outraged today, which makes me laugh even more.no ones bigger than the show and that's the way it should be. I'm sure he'll be fine especially with the current right wing zeitgeist. Maybe he'll join ukip

He did. www.digitalspy.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join