It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief: Put CCTV in EVERY Home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KahnNage

Depending on if the CCTV is connected to a network or not (I know the government is out of control) it could actually be good protection or at least help in solving crimes. If nothing happens delete the footage.

And the 12 million figure is images not offenders, you know they catch many offenders repeatedly, and it's just the size of the image database.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They will always try and claim that giving up privacy is for your security and protection. This has been the age old premise of the New World Order.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

And fools eat it up.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I will tell you what cracks me up on sites like these. It is posters from the UK that type walls of texts telling us Americans how we are losing our freedoms. When in reality the members from the UK have lost theirs long ago. You guys are already under surveillance in the public 24 seven by your government because of CCTV.

Your rights and privacy's have been gone for quite a while. Maybe the members from the UK should look in therir own backyard before they try to tell us how to fix our problems.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I know it's privately owned so they wont be watching a live feed, yet... but once they have the cameras installed with everyone feeling safe that they have control over their own footage, then the next step will be to hook up the live feed to the police, for your safety so they can respond in case someone breaks in, or if your girlfriend decides to smack you upside the head, or if you have a temporary loss of sanity and decide to smoke a joint and need to be rescued...

...and I don't live in the UK anyway, but assuming this spreads over here...

that is when I will create a little diorama of my living room and place it in front of the camera, and I will start an underground/blackmarket business creating miniature models of people's houses to place in front of the cameras...

Does anybody remember a movie, or was it an episode of MacGyver, where they did that? There was a contest for college students to lock doors, or unlock doors, or try to trick someone so they couldn't figure out how to open the door, and one used a mini model so when you look through the eyehole of the door, you think you're seeing the room. And they used a garsge door opener to block the door, but when you look through the hole, and see the garage door mechanism blocking the door, the door was really clear to be opened, but when it looked clear to be opened, it was really blocked... the person trying to open the door had the remote control with the button to open or close the garage door mechanism, and all they could do was look through the hole and push the button and they had to figure out how to get the door open.

I remember another challenge had a door with several locks arranged vertically along the doorframe, and it was solved by someone taking some magnetic fillings and placing it near the lock so they coukd tell if the deadbolt was in place or not. It's gonna bother me now until I figure it out or forget about it.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

What cracks me up is Americans who wont leave their country because they can't take their firearms with them. You think you are free, but you are bound by fear, despite your macho facade.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

I haven't met any Americans like that. In fact, I would wager you could find at least 1 American in nearly every country in the world. Besides, doesn't it seem strange to laugh about Americans who "won't leave" their country? Why should they have to leave? Maybe they like it here. But there are plenty of Americans all over the world, and not that many who would refuse to visit some place. I would love to see the world if I could afford to. It has nothing to do with guns.

But it's alright, my country is big enough and diverse enough that we have every type of terrain here, mountains, deserts, rainforests... and lots of different people from all over the world, so it's not all bad. I can visit the deep south, or new york & new jersey, or boston or Chicago or LA or Vegas and each one is like a different country compared to where I live (Pac NW).

Sure, it would be great to be able to visit other countries besides Canada and Mexico, but hey, we all make do with what we got. I'm really curious where you get this misconception from that Americans won't go anywhere because they can't take their guns with them... it sounds like something you read in The Onion, to be honest. Or maybe Sorcha Faal... did the article start off with "Reports circulating in the Kremlin..."?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
this is getting out of hand. make your stand america!

Against what?
Have a revolution because a cop once said it might help you to have a CCTV camera in your own home?

Ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Rocker2013
Awsome you've solved it for us..just install CCTV signs.
What a joke.

Some people do that, and it certainly can't hurt.

But by all means, ignore the opinion of someone who actually worked in the security business for more than a decade and actually has the experience, you obviously know better because... ?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I've picked it up from all the Americans I've interacted with on the webs, who like you, believe there is no reason to ever leave God's Own Country, and who also insist they wouldn't feel at ease in a place where only the criminals and some of the police carry guns in public. They've been a fairly good cross-section of US representatives, too. Still, you carry on pretending you've never heard of any such thoughts.

edit on 12-3-2015 by IvanAstikov because: stuttering keyboard

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

I've picked it up from all the Americans I've interacted with on the webs, who like you, believe there is no reason to ever leave God's Own Country, and who also insist they wouldn't feel at ease in a place where only the criminals and some of the police carry guns in public. They've been a fairly good cross-section of US representatives, too. Still, you carry on pretending you've never heard of any such thoughts.

To be fair, I've read that loads of times on ATS over the years from US members, anecdotal of course, but I'll back you on that.
I've replied to a couple in the past that I have no intentions of ever going to the US because every friend who has visited has told me the border guards, TSA, and police have all been aggressive, authoritarian, and unfriendly....never mind that US cops seem to shoot people needlessly from thread after thread on ATS.
Nah, I'll go Canada, visit relatives, take a trip to a remote part of the border, get a picture of myself 1 foot illegaly in that oppressive police state.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You seem to be worrying about a lot of 'what if's'....

I know it's privately owned so they wont be watching a live feed, yet...

How can they?
CCTV hooked to a recording device that isn't connected to the net.
I'm no technical genius, not by a long shot, but if they can somehow monitor and record such a system it seems an awful lot of trouble just to watch me type nonsense on the internet, watch sport on TV whilst drinking tea etc.

....but once they have the cameras installed with everyone feeling safe that they have control over their own footage,
then the next step will be to hook up the live feed to the police.....

How will they be able to do that?
And each and every household?
At what cost?
Whose going to scrutinise the endless hours of footage?

Could well be the advent of zero unemployment.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
Im all for visual deterrents..camera outside is just fine..inside I think not.
I value my privacy of which there is precious little these days..damned if im giving up whats left..nothing about having my every move on cam will make me safer..it's creepy and I do not like it.
I manufactured security devices for about 10 yrs..I make no claims of expertise.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
People get paid to be looked at, online. Some people pay good money to see whatever they so choose to see, online. This opens many avenues for profit. By exposing ones mundane and boring life to the masses online - clothed or not, that traffic is potential profit. Enough for people to install cameras in their homes.

I don't think its a good idea, but if it isn't forced on them...what do you do?

Mind you, if having to expose oneself to obtain money, for what one would assume would be survival, isn't forced...then I don't know what is.

Thanks for the heads up Mr. Orwell. You Tried. They have us by our balls now...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

This is an AWESOME idea... IF used right.

This is how you can use this idea without big brother snooping on you:

Cheap computer (just has to be reliable)
Cheap webcam ( as long as you can see the faces in it clearly.)
a Safe. ( heavy safe is best )
Portable Hard Drive (May need more than one)
USB Extender cables

Some may have already caught on but the idea is:

Attach the Webcam to your front door or wherever you want to record. If this is for the front door, you can replace your peephole with the camera or just drill a hole and attach the webcam to the door.
Put the HDD in the safe. You may need to drill a hole for the USB cable and the Power Cable for the HDD.
Setup your computer to record the video from the webcam to the Hard drive in the safe.
You may need to edit access rights to the HDD so you can only move files to it and could not access them without a password.
Most Importantly: Disconnect your computer physically from the internet. No Wireless antenna and no Ethernet.

What you now have is a closed circuit surveillance system for any place you can attach the webcam.

Benefits:
1) You got your own surveillance system!
2) No one can just connect to it and snoop. They would need to physically access the computer at your place.
3) If someone breaks into your house and even smashes your computer, the footage is saved inside your safe.
4) Intruder would need your password or be a hacker to erase content from that hard drive using the computer.

There may be some workarounds for this or something i missed. My goal was to present it in a way that you can take the riddiculus propositions from people in power and alter them to suit your needs.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am.
I stay home most of the time .
NEVER needed monitoring from outsiders,they usually move off anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IvanAstikov

What cracks me up is jealous unarmed people who think every American carries a gun. What further cracks me up is uninformed people who think their best argument against America always involves guns.

But on the good side at least you did not deny your rights have been eroded for a long time.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ehh. I don't think they need cameras in every house. The idiots of the world are publishing more than enough photos of themselves on Facebook (and pretty much everywhere else). If that's not enough, pretty much every country has picture IDs. All they need is the right AI and they can easily identify anyone anywhere in the world just from a camera mounted on a stoplight.

That's really the reason I tend to think some of these stories are really more to just desensitize people to the idea of it. If they don't already have the technology (and I think they probably do) they will soon. Take the US, for example. Anyone who had their pictures taken in school or who has a driver's license or any kind of official ID is likely in a government photo database.

I remember when I was in 1st grade or something they fingerprinted everyone in my class. Even then I thought it was intrusive. I'm sure they didn't miss the opportunity to archive school photos of every kid who went to school in the US for at least the last 70 years or so. I would guess the UK government has been up to the same old crap for just as long.

If you've ever had a blood or urine test of any kind at your doctor, your DNA has probably already been archived. I can't even imagine why they'd need cameras in every house at this point.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: IvanAstikov

I guess you missed the part where I said I would love to travel but I can't afford it so I make do with what I have. Ive been to Canada 4 times but only because I lived about 2 hours from the border so it was affordable. There are plenty reasons I would like to go see the world if I had thousands of dollars to spend on such an endeavor, so don't say "Americans like you who believe there is no reason to leave God's country" because you are full of it. I was only pointing out some of the nice things about my country because I was trying to make the best of my situation...

I never said or implied that there was no reason to travel. Only that it's not necessary. There are many benefits to seeing the world. People like me who have no choice unless we saved every extra penney for years must come to terms with our situation and come to realize its not all that bad. There are plenty of things I don't like or agree with about my country, but nearly every other place I have looked into does not seem much better.

Please show me one post from an American who stated they would not visit another nation due to the fact they could not bring their guns with them. I would like to see and perhaps even respond to it.
edit on 4/8/2015 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join