It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Clarkson suspended "following a fracas" with a Producer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs I agree " as a middle aged politically correct liberal I can't decide which top gear presenter I despise the most

You can't disliek James May surely?

He is the epitome of English.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs I agree " as a middle aged politically correct liberal I can't decide which top gear presenter I despise the most

"And I hope they all go blind"...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Top Gear with Clarkson. Pre-Dickhead days.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Top Gear with Clarkson. Pre-Dickhead days.

He's worth about 30 million and rising now though.

You could call me Susan for that kind of cash.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: gortex

Top Gear was a good show when it was made in Birmingham in the 1970's and 80's just for The Midlands region.

Clarkson joined the show a few years before it finished. He was an ok bloke in those days. Now, he is a complete knob.
And being a friend of David Cameron makes him a complete double knob.

I think it was only the first series of nine that was local broadcast, and it wasn't all that much later that it became a more edgy programme with a critique about the cars. Yes, it was a good show, and still is..especially in the road tests. I remember Clarkson left the show the first time because he made fair comment about the first Clio not being up to scratch, years later he would commend a later version of the Clio that they tried to trash on the course, and couldn't, while the big stuff like high tech Beemers wouldn't last the pace, nor did he like the Vectra much and said so, stuff like that is worth a listen. The only thing they have done wrong over the years IMHO was to pull the Allman brothers 'Jessica' for that crappy Muppets version.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

James May is alright, but clarkson and hamster Hammond are idiots.

I agree

I still like James May he's the only one that doesn't drive me mad , Hammond has become a village idiot and Clarkson is a parody of Clarkson.
I can happily watch JC presenting his documentaries like War Stories as he's a good presenter and tells a good story but Top Gear is best left to repeats on Dave.

Oh and crazyewok , I haven't watched it for the last two series .... it's boring now.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So what did he say?

I watch it every now and then and I have never had an issue with clarkson.
Shoot he takes more jabs at america then anywhere else from what I have seen.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Somehow I think this is just a publicity stunt for the program. if the producers are serious in shutting down Top Gear, the other channels will be sniffing around to try to get the presenters to jump ship. Whether the personal opinion is Jezza is spent or still the best thing since sliced bread - or somewhere in between - then you cannot argue with the revenue that the program brings in for the BBC from around the world .

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Clarkson recently cashed in his share of the worldwide distribution company for nearly 10 million.

I am wondering if he decided there was little financial interest and created a way out to move on to bigger and better things?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Top Gear really is some tired, old, hackneyed rot. I cringe when the Mrs laughs at it. At least she has big boobs i guess.
edit on 10-3-2015 by skalla because: htf do you spell hackneyed????

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have no idea what you guys are going on about but I love all the colloquialisms. LoL!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I have no idea what you guys are going on about but I love all the colloquialisms. LoL!

Ken wut, you otta nae use dae big words like dat, aye get awfy scunered readin dae words......

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Dedo downdere dontdedow?

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In all honesty, Clarkson should probably have gassed himself in his car after the Episode of Saxondale with Alexander Armstrong that sent him up so perfectly.
edit on 10-3-2015 by skalla because: Thai Po

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The way they used the word "Fracas"suggests this is something more than JC's usual non PC misdemeanors IMO.

But they won't sack him-no way.
He makes too much money for the BBC.

He will get a fourth and "final" warning,then a 5th,6th etc etc..

He is the Eton schooled,curly haired bigot that everyone loves to hate,and he ain't getting sacked over this I bet..

I think he is an idiot,but not a bad guy..He is at least as worthy as all the other sub par idiots who are known as UK "celebs."

Bunch of utter nincompoops.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
In all honesty, Clarkson should probably have have gassed himself in his car after the Episode of Saxondale with Alexander Armstrong that sent him up so perfectly.

When your in the limelight I think you have to take it.

I like Clarkson but enjoy a good parody.

If you don't like him you may like this.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

lol what?

my TV license.

Please tell me you don't need a license to watch tv over there.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

How have i never seen that? Superb!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

The way they used the word "Fracas"suggests this is something more than JC's usual non PC misdemeanors IMO.

Well he did punch piers Morgan.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So anything about what was said?

Should we not know what was said before we go all out saying he didn't deserve it or does it not matter

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join