It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflict of Interest..Elijah Cummings is Knee Deep in IRS Scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As many already knew, U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings (D, MD) (MD is for the State of Maryland, not M.D. like doctor) is neck deep involved in the IRS scandal.

Looks like some emails confirm his direct contact dealings with Lois (The Magnificent) Lerner and he apparently bypassed the Congressional Committee and made direct (threatening) contact and harassment of Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote, who was one of the IRS victims in their viscous jealous attempts to quell Conservative tax status applications.

Not surprised at all.

Now he is on the hot seat again.

Cleta Mitchell, who is representing True the Vote, has filed an ethics probe against Elijah Cummings on February 6th (2014) with the Office of Congressional Ethics . Last fall, True the Vote started receiving 8 and 9 page letters from Cummings, claiming he was conducting an investigation of their organization as part of the House Oversight Committee. One problem. The House Oversight Committee is only allowed to investigate government agencies. Going after a private citizen is illegal.

Mitchell wants to find out if Cummings is responsible in part or completely for the harassment of Catherine Engelbrecht, founder of True the Vote. After Cummings launched his “investigation” , Engelbrecht had her business audited twice, her personal taxes once, two visits from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, a surprise visit from OSHA, seven visits from the FBI.

Last week, emails were released to the committee that showed that Cummings was working with Lois Lerner, which is why he attempted to scuttle the investigation into the IRS, immediately as soon as it was announced.

Conflict of Interest..Elijah Cummings is Knee Deep in IRS Scandal

old thread from last year with some hilarious moments....
U.S. Congressman Elijah Cummings prompted IRS targeting of True the Vote

Elijah Cummings; a model leader indeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

These people are just beyond anything reasonable. This is why I have such a deep distrust of our government. i don't believe a word they say, I don't think anything they do is for 'us',I don't trust anything they are involved in. I can not help it,but I am a once bitten twice shy kinda girl,and boy these people take a bite out of all of us. If they told me the sky was blue I would go outside and check it myself. I don't trust them on domestic affairs nor foreign ones.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Hardly surprising, to be honest, it was evident by how he was acting, that he knew he was gonna get looked at.

It boggles my mind how much has gone on with the government over the years.

The real question tho, is, how much more will it take before people truly get pissed off.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

We need term limits. Need to get rid of all of the career politicians.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Classic example of misuse of power.
They work for us; we don't work for them. (Congress, I mean.)
He's in a 'safe' district and knows he'll be re-elected for life so he is a democrat point man for these issues. (Dems in competitive districts pretend to be reasonable, especially near election time; see Mary Landrieu.)

Such a power abuse should be a news item, but since he's a dem this issue will be buried by the media establishment.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

All part of the Democrat attack on Tea Party after 2010 mid-term elections "stop Obama" mandate.

He and Obama surely had good laugh together about their success on that illegal abuse.

Hpoefully, he gets removed soon.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
well, if it doesn't outrage his constituents enough to demand a recall or his resignation, then there isn't much that I can do from Texas.

Beyond that, nothing else will happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
(MD is for the State of Maryland, not M.D. like doctor)

Hmmph ... I always thought MD was an acronym for Milk Dud.

The pace of development/exposing Cummings is maddening. What has it been, a year now? I'll bet ya a wooden nickel he retires quietly to save face.

top topics

join