It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Propose a New Federal Agency: The Department of Peacebuilding

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I'm not American, so i don't really have a dog in this fight, although I will ask this: Do you really want another branch of gov?

Uh, NO
and let me add H E double toothpicks NO

It is an absurd proposal and another government agency to waste American dollars and in the end only bring more government control over the daily lives of citizens; and give the US an excuse to do things like what Obama is doing, sending troops to the Middle East to engage in a religious war (for peace - give me a break)

edit on 9Mon, 09 Mar 2015 21:29:59 -0500pm30903pmk091 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" them damned democrats are wanting to set up another war department.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: jude11

"the most asinine, hypocritical piece of excrement to come out of US politics?" I am with You here 100%.
Anytime they want to add more letter agencies, it is usually just another ploy, for our dollars, and their power. Well here's a couple letters for 'Them' about this. B F'n S !!!!!!

I'm going to play WILL IT SRIRACHA ..( you know the red sauce )...
I agree! Quit "Creating new Bogus jobs" just burns my mouth...
FIX THE ONES THAT WERE ALREADY THERE IN PLACE!
They had a job once!

And don't pretend to understand how it feels on my end!

I'm logging off! This is poking my behind in a bad way...
I'm going to have a LARGE SHOT OF CANADIAN WHISKY to make this feel better.....
Love you all!

edit on 9-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

A new good for nothing waste of tax payer dollars agency, right?

For peacekeeping, right?

And who will be appointed to it, how about somebody with background links to the Muslim brotherhood, I think we should have one of ISIS emissaries to run as the aid to the Secretary to the agency.

Yupeee.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I tried reading through the gobbledygook that's in the bill and it gave me a headache. Really, the title sounds like it's from something like Orwell's 1984.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I tried reading through the gobbledygook that's in the bill and it gave me a headache. Really, the title sounds like it's from something like Orwell's 1984.

BINGO!

The book seems to pale in comparison tho.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
For this to work, the people proposing it all must give away all belongings and money they have and give it all away to the poor and homeless, then they must sell their homes and go live on the street.

If they can do this then everyone will know that they really do want peace.

The Obamas will have to join the peace corps and work off the 44 million they spent on vacations also.

Poverty is not a requirement for peace, it fact it is necessary for endless war. Peace would require that the 'needs' of all be satisfied. Here me, the NEEDS (clean food and water, shelter and clothing, and social (in the sense of belonging and companionship) security) met not the Wants.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am not a U.S. citizen but I think it's a good idea, and anyone familiar with me on these threads knows I am no lover of American government and their policies. I noticed someone say ''America isn't about peace'' somewhere and that is a total understatement, so much so that the opposite could indeed be considered true.

For thinking we are so smart there seems to be a lot of mindless killing on this planet, some countries are more responsible than others while some may also have a point to prove against it, the sentiment of peacebuilding is good so why not try it? Can it seriously be any worse than it currently is or do you just want to wait and find out?

edit on -180002015-03-09T21:53:25-05:000000002531201525032015Mon, 09 Mar 2015 21:53:25 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Orwell's 1984 is exactly where the US is headed
and fast
the double speak has gotten worse and worse

The thought police more repressive than ever,
going after people's businesses, jobs and reputations
if they dare think incorrectly

A government agency suggesting that smart TV's monitor everyone watching
to see how long they sit in front of the TV,
for their health of course (yes it's true, there is a thread on this subject)

This is a double speak
Orwellian creation
of the arrogant pseudo-intellectuals
bred at Harvard and Yale
who condescend to tell us all
and the whole world
that they know best how to run
everyones daily lives and
the lives of everyone in the entire world.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
I am not a U.S. citizen but I think it's a good idea, and anyone familiar with me on these threads knows I am no lover of American government and their policies. I noticed someone say ''America isn't about peace'' somewhere and that is a total understatement, so much so that the opposite could indeed be considered true.

For thinking we are so smart there seems to be a lot of mindless killing on this planet, some countries are more responsible than others while some may also have a point to prove against it, the sentiment of peacebuilding is good so why not try it? Can it seriously be any worse than it currently is or do you just want to wait and find out?

You want to fork over the billions this agency will end of costing

that could have gone to feed the hungry
and house the homeless
or any other worthy cause the money could have been spent on -
instead of giving it to worthless bureaucrats who make up absurd regulations
to micromanage everyone's life

all for an Orwellian double speak cause?

Please, enact this agency in your country, we'll gladly let your country pay for it and run it.

edit on 10Mon, 09 Mar 2015 22:04:24 -0500pm30903pmk091 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I'll try to read it again once I scrape the bs out of my eyes. All I see is money going from the pockets of hard working people.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Sadly if an agency like that is prop for some reason in the US, it will look like crap the next time the US wag a war or conflict in some country around the world.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You are right. Any more I think that Orwell was a prophet instead of a fiction writer. He more or less predicted how things are today. I see things like this and think the seeds are being planted more and more. What a crazy world.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I hear Ya! Umm, do a couple/few shots. It will help more!!

~Clink~ Goes My Glass To Yours!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: Bigburgh

I hear Ya! Umm, do a couple/few shots. It will help more!!

~Clink~ Goes My Glass To Yours!!!

Logging in !! You got it! Canadian Gold coming right up! Crimea! 5 shots now!
Skeptic... I know you love your Martinis and smokes..
But I owe you Springer and a host of site folks tonight!

This thread actually got me PO'D tonight. I'd flag and star more.. but I'm not allowed..
So I'm going to drink and log off some more!

edit on 9-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

and house the homeless

Please, enact this agency in your country, we'll gladly let your country pay for it and run it.

You're right, must've been having a stupid moment, just keep spending trillions on the military, build more prisons etc. and then if the Republicans get in, we're probably headed to WW3 anyway.

originally posted by: marg6043

Sadly if an agency like that is prop for some reason in the US, it will look like crap the next time the US wag a war or conflict in some country around the world.

They currently are waging wars in many countries, is it really surprising why so many people wouldn't believe the U.S. government, especially with the surveillance leaks?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

and house the homeless

You're right, must've been having a stupid moment, just keep spending trillions on the military, build more prisons etc. and then if the Republicans get in, we're probably headed to WW3 anyway.

originally posted by: marg6043

They currently are waging wars in many countries, is it really surprising why so many people wouldn't believe the U.S. government, especially with the surveillance leaks?

You mock me,
but do you want the agency in your country?

If you think it is a great idea then your country should be the one to enact and pay for it.
Lobby whoever it is in your country that could enact the agency.

Read what the agency wants to do and do it yourself, in your country.

Why should the US pay for everything and for everyone around the world to be happy?

This agency is too costly,
too intrusive
in the daily lives of citizens

and will end up
an Orwellian bureaucratic mess,

like all the agencies brought into being
in the past 30 years in the US.

A waste of time and money for people to sit on their bums and make rules for everyone else to live by,
no thank you. I sure don't want to pay for it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I can't really add to this post. Very well said!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This thread isn't about my country, the U.K. is slowly going the way of the U.S. but thankfully, we can change that.

Why should the US pay for everything and for everyone around the world to be happy?

This is a domestic issue and not international. And I bet the U.S. DON'T make everyone happy around the world.

This agency is too costly, too intrusive in the daily lives of citizens

NEWSFLASH, the NSA probably already know your favourite sex position and cereal brand.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join