It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Propose a New Federal Agency: The Department of Peacebuilding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have no idea where to post this. Jokes? Politics? Skunk Works?

I am at a loss for words here...(almost)...But believe me when I say that this is yet another acronym meant to take even more money from the people and to gain even more influence on the World Stage. UN,NATO not looking so good? Let's bring in the D.O.P.

Several House Democrats have introduced legislation that would create a Department of Peacebuilding, which would be tasked with promoting peace around the world and organizing occasional “Peace Days” that would be celebrated within the United States.

Supporters of the Department of Peacebuilding Act note that while the Constitution talks about tranquility and promoting the general welfare, more than 100 million people died in wars in the last century, and the U.S. and other nations are plagued by all sorts of violent conflict. Not only is this not peaceful, but it comes at a huge economic cost.

Huge economic loss...Check.

“Violence prevention is cost effective,” the bill states. “For every dollar spent in violence prevention and peacebuilding, many lives and many dollars are saved.”

Dollars saved...Check.

He or she would have to address both domestic and international violence by monitoring conflicts and recommending ways to end them, addressing family violence, violence against women, and reducing prison recidivism rates.

Step up to World Policing? Check.

The bill would also require a study on how firearms are contributing to violence. It would have the department employ “successful, field-tested programs, and developing new approaches for dealing with the tools of violence, including handguns, especially among youth.” www.theblaze.com...

A Global Law on Firearms? Check.

And how much are the citizens going to pay for the peace they have been demanding but have been denied by the Global Warmongers?

The bill doesn’t ask for a specific amount of money, and instead says the department would be funded by “such sums as may be necessary.” The cost of even the smallest federal agencies often runs in the tens of billions of dollars.

Unchecked & therefore unlimited budget? (No limit) Check.

The Bill:

I 114 TH CONGRESS 1 ST S ESSION H. R. 1111 To establish a Department of Peacebuilding. IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES F EBRUARY 26, 2015 Ms. L EE (for herself, Mr. G RIJALVA , Mr. C ONYERS , Ms. E DWARDS , Mr. L EWIS , Ms. N ORTON , Mr. E LLISON , Mr. S COTT of Virginia, and Mrs. W ATSON C OLEMAN ) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform A BILL To establish a Department of Peacebuilding.

Entire Bill: www.scribd.com...

I'm sorry but am I in a small majority of those that think this is the most asinine, hypocritical piece of excrement to come out of US politics?

Will the majority support this? Of course they will. And why not? It's wrapped up all nice and fuzzy with a pretty bow. PEACE! WE WANT PEACE! VOTE FOR THIS! SUPPORT THIS!

I will say it here for my first time on record just so I can look back and quote "I told you so".. If people fall for this, I officially give up on the hope of a rise in awareness of the masses.

The US GOVT. is NOT nor has ever been about peace. This is nothing but a band-aid to blind the populace while taking even more of their money.

Peace isn't profitable. And even those behind this know it as a rule of thumb.

www.tpnn.com...

And although I see it trending a little right now, this is a few years old but rising again. Maybe it'll pass on Friday midnight of the July 4th weekend?

dailycaller.com...

There are many other sources but to end here I will just sum up my personal opinion.

This is nothing but a US attempt at solidifying the NWO with a new skin for a NATO-esque agency with a UN round table and that's all I have to offer. You can draw your own conclusions.

Peace

edit on 9-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yikes...

They should open an agency that that melts people's skin off.
They could name it the skin health center.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Yikes...

They should open an agency that that melts people's skin off.
They could name it the skin health center.

Why not?

Lots of letters left to use:

The Dept. of SHC.

Looks official and commanding!

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Amazing, Jude! F&S. If we ever get something positive
done with our upside down world and matching foreign
policy; I propose instead we bring back the title of Secretary
of War. Maybe if we're lucky they'll do the opposite thing
automatically and we won't get our skin burned off wholesale.
But on the other hand I was hatched too close to blast center,
and should be ignored for being too fried to be credible.

EDIT:: Maybe we should sidestep that DOPe thing.. and still
expect with another whole Cabinet post, I agree something
is gonna skyrocket. What's not in YOUR wallet?

edit on 9-3-2015 by derfreebie because: Nah. let's leave it. DOPE is good, for "Evasion"

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is not a new idea. Denis Kucinich repeatedly proposed such a cabinet level position.

And if you look past the immediate and consider long term effects every single one of the points you are 'laughing' (and I use the term deliberately) at makes perfect sense but you do have to be able to see many moves ahead.

It would be more effective use of 'lives and treasure' then our current departments of global domination: Defence, Homeland Security (that was a great 'small government' move) Trade, Treasury (economic warfare anyone)... the list goes on.

I think the world is ready for something new.

edit on 9-3-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I think the world is ready for something new.

Yes,

By the people and for the people.

This is neither IMO.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I thought this was done by the State Department?

Only Democrats would seek to undermine the U.N.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
For this to work, the people proposing it all must give away all belongings and money they have and give it all away to the poor and homeless, then they must sell their homes and go live on the street.

If they can do this then everyone will know that they really do want peace.

The Obamas will have to join the peace corps and work off the 44 million they spent on vacations also.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I thought this was done by the State Department?

Now that wasn't a veiled attempt at humor...was it?

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
For this to work, the people proposing it all must give away all belongings and money they have and give it all away to the poor and homeless, then they must sell their homes and go live on the street.

The Obamas will have to join the peace corps and work off the 44 million they spent on vacations also.

Wait!

I see them lining up now!

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm not American, so i don't really have a dog in this fight, although I will ask this: Do you really want another branch of gov?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I'm not American, so i don't really have a dog in this fight, although I will ask this: Do you really want another branch of gov?

American or not, this is meant to bring police, um peace to your little corner of the globe.

Peace

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

NATO... EU?! I thought those were the peace keepers? The observers... the watchers?.. it's like bringing in The ACA.. OBAMA CARE.. WHEN THERE IS ALREADY A GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY ( Medicare )..... DANG I'M CYNICAL TONIGHT!

Let's sugar coat a turd...

Smells sweet!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Most Republicans I know (and I know a lot, coming from Sara Palin land) seem to think the UN is worthless and would gladly like the US to undermine the UN. I don't get your point.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I agree,
to cure income inequality
all Politicians should give to the poor (or to the Government who they worship as providing for the poor)
all of their assests above $1 Mil (I'll be generous in what they can keep)
and if they used more than $1 Mil in freebees like vacations from the federal coffers
they should be required to pay it all back.
Since nearly all politicians become multi millionaires within a short time of arriving in WA if they aren't before they get there, it should pour a great deal of funds back into the government to distribute to the poor.

We'll call it the "give back to cure income inequality" bill.
Surely no one can object to millionaires giving back to cure income inequality!
It would also bring about peace between the rich and the poor
and bring fairness to the land.
(cue the doves)

edit on 9Mon, 09 Mar 2015 21:26:08 -0500pm30903pmk091 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

edit on 9Mon, 09 Mar 2015 21:25:04 -0500pm30903pmk091 by grandmakdw because: accidental double post

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

"the most asinine, hypocritical piece of excrement to come out of US politics?" I am with You here 100%.
Anytime they want to add more letter agencies, it is usually just another ploy, for our dollars, and their power. Well here's a couple letters for 'Them' about this. B F'n S !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a swing and a miss on that trial balloon.
edit on 9-3-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

So now they are stealing ideas from beauty pageant queens?

So we would need to redefine the role of ambassadors?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Ahh NOOOOO, never give more power to a gov't that is plainly distorted by special interest groups.

It sounds great but like the Patriot act its another way to take your rights , increase gov't control for the corporations, and enslave you with taxes and debt.

The only way there would be global peace is, if the incentives were changed. Right now the Military industrial complex/corporations make more money in chaos than times of peace. Change it so they profit in times of peace than you will see peace. Until then you will continue seeing new terrorists groups pop up.

edit on 31331America/ChicagoMon, 09 Mar 2015 21:31:18 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join