It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we know snowden is still alive?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The whole thing is sadly moot. What Snowden did have to say and what he did tell us Americans about was shocking, disgusting, tyrannical on every level and basically gives all 300 million of us direct proof that the government wipes their ass with the Constitution on a daily basis to levels most never thought were possible.

What have we done about it?

Exactly. Doesn't really matter who or what he is after that, does it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Damn, you're right, but here's a more important point. How do we even know it was really Edward Snowden who leaked the program? He could be a patsy for an international terrorist organization. The actual guys who leaked the information were just paid off not to talk. Just ignore the low probability that someone willing to leak information would be paid off not to talk about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

How do we know that Russia and the US didnt just make up the whole thing so as to assume traditional roles as each others boogeyman. Really no one else was doing an adequate job of it for either side.

The two powers could be working for a mass dissolution of world governments by pre-planned and carefully orchestrated events of a well designed global conflict that lead to a one world government.

edit on 3 9 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

How do we know that Russia and the US didn't just make up the whole thing so as to assume traditional roles as each others boogeyman.

We don't! Maybe the reptilians are involved in this, too. Bonus points for historical accuracy in your mocking of his premise.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I heared he escaped to Russia. I guess they would give him some protection?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

interesting
how did u come up with the idea. they seem to be at very opposite ends of spectrums so it is far fached. any examples?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I read somewhere recently that Snowden was thinking its time he came back to the states/wants to return.

imo, this means he is surely dead & we are about to be fed the next round of propaganda.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
I read somewhere recently that Snowden was thinking its time he came back to the states/wants to return.

imo, this means he is surely dead & we are about to be fed the next round of propaganda.

He wants to return but only if he could get a fair trial. He has said that from the very beginning, it should be up to society to determine if we deserved to know the information he shared with us. The problem is that you're not going to get a fair trial, which creates a few issues.

How can you have a fair trial when the entire jury population has been fed propaganda about you, US Senators have publicly called for your execution, and the judges are anything but fair?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

Did you watch Citizen Four? Sheesh, people...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

isn't there a whistleblower protection law that would apply?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

There is no whistleblower protection that applies to contractors, as Snowden was when he turned the data over to the press.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

thank u that is very interesting information i didnt come across that. I don't actually understand it if u got proof that someone is dodgy does it matter if u full time contract customer average joe? maybe it depends also what country u in? is that u in that pic? is soo funny I love it
edit on 10-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Well, just to go into the protection issue for a moment...

Ordinarily speaking, in any other realm of life, when you see something is wrong within a company structure, you have to report it, and doing so must not harm your status within the company, or change the way you are treated by your fellow employees. Similarly, if an employee of the government see something wrong with what they are doing, something which breaks the law, or exceeds the bounds of the public office involved, they too may deal with the issue through whistleblowing. There are, in fact organisations within government whose entire job is to deal with these complaints from employees of the state. In fact, the defence/intelligence community has its very own...

www.dodig.mil...

However, where Snowden fell over the law, which he knew he would at the time, is that there was no protection offered him in his status at the time of the leak, of being a private contractor, working with a private company, but on behalf of the NSA.

You and I may realise that there should be no difference between those employment types, but the law, written by those for whom whistleblowing is a problem, not a positive, is constructed to make these things as difficult a possible for those who seek to blow the whistle. Now, because Snowden knew this was the case, he knew he could not use the procedural method of getting the information out, because it was not available to him as a private contractor. Also, he knew that using official channels might result in the documents and the information therein, never becoming public knowledge, and the abuse of civil liberties would continue without anyone being the wiser.

That is why he had to do what he did, because the government of the United States made it impossible for him to blow the whistle from his position at the time, and furthermore that it might never have resulted in public awareness of the issues presented by the all pervading surveillance and bulk data collection enacted by the NSA and the other members of the "Five Eyes".

As for the picture in my avatar, yes, that's me, drinking rum, and having a good time while looking furry.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

that is really great info
very fine print type of info
are u irish? is that at a pub or are they pic on wall urs? lol of topic.. dark rum? of topic too.
why do people think he was made up or dead anyways?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: Aazadan

isn't there a whistleblower protection law that would apply?

LoL, you're cute.

I mean that in the least condescending way possible.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

well I mean one for all ..all for one type of reaction... u know. if he returns and u see his face on cams publicly let's say la airport
(if it can be confirmed it is him saying this cause I guess people here said he could be not even who he claims to be???) and he gets shot or unfairly trailed (I guess trials in USA are public) it would just proove he is who he is to public and cause even worse riot not? I mean how many citizens in USA are there? in comperison to few top ten top dogs? I guess they are the issue..but why bother I guess..
I am just asking it sound like it is not possible to get justice for him at all. or what did u mean? what would happen? I don't care if NSA checks my posts but surely many do give a huge f.c.u.k

it is ok btw I like being though new things.. and I like cute
I am not a man or IT or US
I know if I was in Czech rep I laugh too.. but now I am learning Aussie way corruption is a big no no. if me and a cop speeds he be worse of then me be on tv not much happens here. I thought is similar in usa. btw I only learned about NSA from cartman from south park .. snowden I read about :/
edit on 10-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
How do we know snowden is still alive?

Someone could be easily pretending to be him to coop the nsa/gov spying debate.

Very good question. I would also ask - How do we know Snowden even exists (or ever did)? What if he is a fictional character created by the world's power players to manipulate public perception wherever, whenever and however they want?

When I think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

"Oh. Well. You see? What did we tell you? The government is too incompetent to keep big secrets for very long. Someone would spill the beans."

And whaddaya know? Along comes the perfect "good guy" to air all the government's dirty laundry and restore our faith that good people who cannot be silenced do exist. And obviously, a real conspiracy could not be kept quiet because there will always be a Snowden.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I am so lost... wasnt snowden a guy who originally dobbed in NSA (or similar)
didnt that originally cost USA a few $ of law suits? not sure where I read it...

once someone said... people seek proof and the truth and once it is dished out to them they simply don't believe it

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

sorry could not did

business.time.com...

I don't get it how does snowden benefit USA

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

I am so lost... wasnt snowden a guy who originally dobbed in NSA (or similar)
didnt that originally cost USA a few $ of law suits? not sure where I read it...

According to the media and the government. Let's just say I'm also lost because I don't believe the media or any of the world's governments.
edit on 11-3-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join