It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we know snowden is still alive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
How do we know snowden is still alive?

Someone could be easily pretending to be him to coop the nsa/gov spying debate.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Maybe because he gives interviews

But they seldom reach US coastline, EU though digs it

Maybe because his own father is taken to secret location by FSB to see his son

His own dad told him, don't be a fool don't return to the states

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

Starting to think snowden is a cia mole.

Why is he still alive and Hastings got blown up in his car and bradley manning got sent to a dungeon?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You have a point. By the way I hate drop and go threads..
But.. I'm always happy..

So yes snowden got awards at the Oscars.
I say he's alive because the internet tells me so.. ( smirk ).

He could be dead. But the news still gets agendas pushed.
If he's really dead.. I give all credits to the CGI work of The Faking Hoaxer... TFH.. yes him and Spielberg's work at play here..

But Snowden is a pawn in the game of chess, mastered by Russia.. They're not letting that pawn fall... not just yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
We don't know if he's "alive".

He could be a fabricated character.

The whole thing could be a clever psy-ops.

edit on Mar-09-2015 by xuenchen because: ;;code::[__3827__]-;;-

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

Why is he still alive and Hastings got blown up in his car and bradley manning got sent to a dungeon?

Perhaps it is because killing him would make him a martyr to truth seeking people. Not to mention the international fallout which would ensue after the government sanctioned murder of its own citizen residing within the boundaries of another state.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've been saying this.

This is probably why he wants to come home. The Russians are probably getting suspicious of him. I had a feeling he was some kind of plant, allowing China and Russia to take him in so he could peddle disinfo to them, and see if he could slurp up any intel himself.

He's just not that important of a character in terms of what he did for the NSA/DOD/CIA -- he can claim he had access to all these programs and release power point slides...

But if the intelligence community didn't want the stuff he leaked to be leaked, it wouldn't have been. We're talking about an intelligence community that has EXOBYTE server farms and likely quantum processing. These people don't play around.

What we saw from him was old news that anyone that's been on ATS or paying attention since the 80's knew was happening. Eschelon anyone? Carnivore what?

We've known about these spy programs for a long time.

Snowden is a US intelligence asset ... I'm fairly sure. He'd be dead by now if he had anything of real value that hurt the USA. As the mafia says, "I know a guy..."

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Did those other guys have FSB protection

He is alive because he's got FSB producing dozen IDs an hour if need be.

You know the ex KGB people, they don't fool around

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

He would be dead by now ???

How is CIA supposed to kill a man directly or by contract when they don't know where he is

You do realize they can't start killing people in Russia randomly
edit on 9-3-2015 by Aaamok88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

I've been saying this.

This is probably why he wants to come home. The Russians are probably getting suspicious of him. I had a feeling he was some kind of plant, allowing China and Russia to take him in so he could peddle disinfo to them, and see if he could slurp up any intel himself.

He's just not that important of a character in terms of what he did for the NSA/DOD/CIA -- he can claim he had access to all these programs and release power point slides...

But if the intelligence community didn't want the stuff he leaked to be leaked, it wouldn't have been. We're talking about an intelligence community that has EXOBYTE server farms and likely quantum processing. These people don't play around.

What we saw from him was old news that anyone that's been on ATS or paying attention since the 80's knew was happening. Eschelon anyone? Carnivore what?

We've known about these spy programs for a long time.

Snowden is a US intelligence asset ... I'm fairly sure. He'd be dead by now if he had anything of real value that hurt the USA. As the mafia says, "I know a guy..."

So far xuen , Daask, and you hold my attention...
I completely follow your plausible thoughts. But we at ATS can't be smarter than them at the game.. could we? ( yes I read what I typed.. I'm rolling my own eyes ).
If you all thought it too.. then Russia did.. Snowden would be iced for sure..
I still feel he was a 20 something year old kid that caught wind of something he could not handle. Yes it was not a surprise to the rest of us..
But to him. I'm not sure the kid had the mental faculty to handle it.

edit on 9-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It looks like we are inching closer and closer to another Cold War with the country hosting Mr. Snowden. It is no wonder he would rather face the music here.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I will tell you how we know he is still alive JRC...

If he had of been killed, the chances are that only one party on this planet would have been responsible, and that would be none other than the intelligence community of the United States of America. And the fact of his demise would have been used by Russia to deflect away from THEIR appalling actions of late.

a reply to: MystikMushroom
As for this "What did Snowden really DO though? Didn't we already know this stuff" noise I am hearing... Well goodness me, I expected a little more forward thinking from YOU of all people MystikMushroom!

Think about this for a moment, please. We all to often hear a claim made on this site, read a fellow members posts and say "Well sure, that's possible, but so is a meteor impact within seventy two hours, but I have yet to see evidence for either proposition!", or something to that effect. Because so much of what we "know" here is subjective, and requires one to trust unconfirmed, and in some cases unconfirmable sources of information, we in the CT community have big trouble trying to show our work to those outside of the circles we move in.

Some of us just get angry about that, and shout at people for their blindness. Me I tend to err on the side of recognising certain possibilities, without necessarily treating them as truth until I have reason to accept them as certainties. Now, it is very true that we were TALKING about SOME of the systems and tools that Snowden released data about, but you have to understand that until he came onto the scene, the only people who knew about the POSSIBILITY of systems like that existing, were either busy creating or running them, or in the conspiracy theorist community of which we are all a part, to one degree or another, and none of us had anything remotely like proof.

And then all of a sudden, here comes Ed with his laptop full of trackable source material, reams of it, millions of actual documents, dates times and names and numbers, all the rubber stamps, bells and whistles, and not only PROVES what many of us could only SUSPECT at that time, but brings it to us through some serious journalists, ensuring that not only the much abused conspiracy theorist community, but the whole damned planet full of individuals has access to the information!

That is no mean feat, and is an unsurpassed blow of the whistle!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You put a big smile on my face good sir!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
And then all of a sudden, here comes Ed with his laptop full of trackable source material, reams of it, millions of actual documents, dates times and names and numbers, all the rubber stamps, bells and whistles, and not only PROVES what many of us could only SUSPECT at that time, but brings it to us through some serious journalists, ensuring that not only the much abused conspiracy theorist community, but the whole damned planet full of individuals has access to the information!

That is no mean feat, and is an unsurpassed blow of the whistle!

That right there! Could he have access to Hillary R Clinton's secret Email data base Too ... with the Libya info? ( billions missing as well )
Time stamped an all?
Because he did bring it up.

Thanx truebrit!

ruthsreport.blogspot.com...

Honestly.. it's times like this I wish I knew what Monty Pythons secret deadly joke weapon was... it could really clean up the backside of a lot of silly walking! Go right for the parrot neck!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
To my knowledge he is still being allowed asylum in Russia, and has given a number of interviews. I would like to analyze the hypothesis that Snowden has been eliminated from a slightly different point of view than most. Let's first ask ourselves WHO would want this guy assassinated? The most obvious answer is the US, because they are the only nation who has a motive, and motive is the most important characteristic in any murder case. So we have the "who and why," the latter being because he stole state secrets from the US. But what about the "how?" It is not as easy as the intelligence community saying "let's kill Snowden in Russia." There are many things that would have to be considered, such as the potential political concerns, the practicality of such an operation, and the resources that could be utilized. In military theory, from the strategic to the tactical levels, an operation is designed around an "end, ways, means" framework. The ends are the objectives, in this case assassinating Snowden. The ways involve the concepts, alternatives, and essentially the practical planning of the operation. The means are the resources the operation has at its disposal.

The objective, or the ends, would be clear and concise, which is of fundamental importance to any operation. The operational means available would likely be limited to what is already present in Russia, although it is not out of the realm of possibility that resources could be smuggled in before the operation. But this means a new mission, which adds complexity, and getting caught could have grave consequences. Then there is the fact that not just any field agent, even an undercover field agent for an agency like the CIA, is trained or tasked with actually killing people. Such actions would be performed by a specialized team or a specialized non-official cover operative, of which there are likely to be very few. I personally doubt that such an asset would be stationed in Russia, undercover, on the off-chance he would be needed. It is possible, but I just don't think the US would take this risk in Russia.

So having briefly analyzed the ends and the means, this leaves us the ways. How can the means in place within Russia actually get to Snowden, eliminate him, and then get away without getting caught, AND making the death look natural? Making the death look natural would be important because, as I already mentioned, the US is the country with the obvious motive, and blame would fall on the US intelligence community if the job was an obvious assassination. That is not to say the US would never run such a risk, especially if it could not be proven, but you have to remember that there is the chance of getting caught at multiple points throughout such a dangerous operation. And getting caught would do more than point the finger at the US, it would very likely expose their involvement in the assassination attempt.

Another important thing that the US would have to consider is surveillance. They would have to determine whether Snowden was being watched and protected by Russian intelligence, or Russian authorities of some other variety, or whether he is simply on his own. This means that all of the sudden you add more complexity to the operation, because you've got to have more than one person to perform adequate surveillance, obtain the proper equipment and resources, carry out the assassination, etc...It is definitely not a one man job, even for a highly-skilled intelligence operative. If FSB surveillance is present, getting to the target undetected becomes much more difficult. And if any of the possibilities have not been determined, for instance the US team could not determine if surveillance was present, the chances of getting caught increase dramatically. The lack of intelligence is a way to quickly ruin any mission, and because of this fact, the lack of intelligence is a legitimate reason for scrubbing the mission altogether.

So to answer your question about the possibility of Snowden already having been eliminated, I say definitely not. Because if this were the case, Russia would have said something already. They would not try to hide this fact, because they would not have assassinated him. Not only would doing so bring the heat on them politically, considering Snowden is in their country, but they would LOVE to be able to blame the US for his death. They would say that the US disregarded Russian sovereignty by performing an assassination on Russian soil, and a crap-storm would ensue. It would be a media circus, but Russia would come out looking better than the US in my opinion. There are other factors that I have chosen not to mention, as there is only so much that can fit within a single post. But suffice it to say that if Snowden were killed, we would hear about it. But he would not be killed by the US, because such an operation would be much too risky, and the payoff is very little. The intelligence Snowden has stolen is already gone, and he will never be in a position to steal intelligence from the US again. Thus what does assassinating him really accomplish? If you look at the potential assassinations performed by the US, they are never really retaliatory strikes. Rather they are assassinations performed because the target was in a position to expose something, or do something, that the US did not want to deal with.
edit on 3/9/15 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
It looks like we are inching closer and closer to another Cold War with the country hosting Mr. Snowden. It is no wonder he would rather face the music here.

He never said that

He said he would return if there was such a thing as fair trial in USA

He answered a question

Sheesh people, start verifying stuff on media

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well that's just the thing about all of this. He handed over what he had at the time to the journalists to whom he leaked the information. This was done to prevent his being captured with the data, and to prevent him being able to give away data under potential torture, about its precise location. But there is still LOADS of material that we have not seen yet, but will in time to come, when the facts have been carefully checked to prevent any data which could lead to intelligence assets being identified, is removed.

The journalists really have been very careful so far with the way that they have treated the documentation that Snowden shared with them, and so as the stuff they are working on becomes ever more detailed and interesting, so are they going to have to work even harder to keep the names of any human intelligence assets mentioned, out of the papers, despite any narrative issues that might cause!

edit on 9-3-2015 by TrueBrit because: Spelling error and grammatical error removal

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Bigburgh

Well that's just the thing about all of this. He handed over what he had at the time to the journalists to whom he leaked the information. This was done to prevent his being captured with the data, and to prevent him being able to give away data under potential torture, about its precise location. But there is still LOADS of material that we have not seen yet, but will in time to come, when the facts have been carefully checked to prevent any data which could lead to intelligence assets being identified, is removed.

The journalists really have been very careful so far with the way that they have treated the documentation that Snowden shared with them, and so as the stuff they are working on becomes ever more detailed and interesting, so are they going to have to work even harder to keep the names of any human intelligence assets mentioned, out of the papers, despite any narrative issues that might cause!

Seems there was a death clause in all of this. It was info for Snowdens life. If he goes missing ... it would all be released.. did I remember that wrong? I can't find the info.. but I swear I saw it!
That who ever reporter covered all the ends..
Dang I gotta research this all over again..

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Watch "Citizen Four", he planned this very carefully. And where it went awry, he had the very best of help.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

They can image a golf ball from space and tell what kind of screw (phillips or flat head) is on the wing of a moving 777 from orbit. They record all global internet traffic and telecommunications. If he touches technology, they know where he is.

They either didn't want to find Bin Laden, or more likely he wasn't using modern technology so he was off the grid. The intelligence tools at the disposal of the USA only work when people use the technology they were designed to monitor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join