It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paying for meds you don’t need? Find out if your doctor is on the payroll of Big Pharma

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Actually I got my numbers due to trial an error and spend various years with the doctors breathing over my neck telling me that I needed statins, tired some, but the pain in my legs was unbearable.

See my overall cholesterol was as high as 290 at one time, my bad cholesterol was outrageous my triglycerides were high and good cholesterol very low, this all with a low fat diet.

Now I am in a high protein, lots of good natural fats and my numbers are amazing plus the added supplements.

Incredible.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

BTW where have you been hiding, I have not seen you in a long time around here, posting.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

centrum caltrade supplements are on list and Aussie doctors push this (crappy) stuff onto patients . not that they don't needed but why be brand specific and mainly for such a crapy product. is just an example. it is true. but what can u do people have a choice to educate them selfs

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifuge

i will pass this info to biggest natural supplement co.. great info thank u

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
To tell you the truth alot of it is not safe.. ive given my kids meds prescribed by docs and it makes em worse as well as i.. i took some benzonate for a cough it was horrible the feeling couldnt pass fast enough and i still coughed l.

Your right there is a big difference between generic and non generic and if your pharmacist didn't know to tell you possible reactions they're not too bright... reply to: Iamthatbish

Your info on generic vs name brand are not correct and pharmacists know more about the drugs, their ingredients and interactions than doctors do, for obvious reasons. Generic just means that the patent has run out and the same exact drug can be produced and sold without the name brand attached to it. There's is no chemical difference between the two. Drugs cannot be made up with different ingredients just to make them "generic". Obviously the FDA wouldn't allow that. So why are you posting misinformation?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
To tell you the truth alot of it is not safe.. ive given my kids meds prescribed by docs and it makes em worse as well as i.. i took some benzonate for a cough it was horrible the feeling couldnt pass fast enough and i still coughed l.

Your right there is a big difference between generic and non generic and if your pharmacist didn't know to tell you possible reactions they're not too bright... reply to: Iamthatbish

Here > Facts about generic drugs

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

i agree with you and I worked in pharmaceutics then I changed jobs to natural supplements.

natural and long term and synthetic and short term you can do both but once u are on prescription good luck to getting back on track

I mean not that I just agree with u it is a fact. however
it doesn't apply to some generic brands in supermarkets food etc but that is completely different story from pharmaceutics.

generic brand of the same drug is the same drug. maybe it was a crappy manufacturer. generics actually go through more testing then brand names .but brand names will always undermine generic brands they want to keep the money. Miss Information..
but thanks g.o.d for ibuprofen

edit on 10-3-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Sadly it is differences between generic drugs and the none generics, it has to do with the fillers and slyly variations of the main ingredients.

Can the generic version of my medication cause side effects?

drugs.about.com...

Taking into consideration that most of our ingredients in our drugs comes from China and India, we know that our government and the FDA do not keep the policy of higher standards on the ingredients.

Where Do Generic Drugs Come From?

www.peoplespharmacy.com...

Then taking into consideration how many people die every year from side effects of prescribed drugs, everybody should think twice about what their doctors wants them to put in their mouth.

100,000 Americans Die Each Year from Prescription Drugs, While Pharma Companies Get Rich

Prescription drugs taken as directed kill 100,000 Americans a year. That's one person every five minutes. How did we get here?

www.alternet.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

with non prescription meds were do ur non generic brands mainly come from
90% of ur regular stuff comes from china and India not just medicine
what is wrong with china and India in your opinion
USA (not sure where u from) is on top of gmo list
just asking would love a specific brand brand and generic brand would be great topic for my research .also if u know the world is run by pharmaceutic companies that cash on illnesses I just want to ask if u think they are telling you the truth.sorry I sound harsh I am just tired but would love to hear ur thoughts

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I think perhaps someone needs to reread my post. I had a child in the ER from switching from GENERIC PILL form of Tegretol to NAME BRAND LIQUID. This child was rushed from school in an ambulance. When I met my son at the hospital I brought his meds. The nurse didn't see it behind my purse. The ER physician took one look at the bottle and knew to ask if my son had just switched from generic. This specific Rx has this as a known issue. The Name brand is STRONGER.

This statement isn't claiming a different set of ingredients. I am stating the quantity if active ingredients was so very much stronger in the name brand that it caused an issue.

Although I have heard there's sometimes iodine in generic that isn't found in name brand Rxs.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I am an American born citizen, as my Island of PR is a commonwealth of the US, so I am latina, but an American born.

Yes even big pharma original medications while made in the US the ingredients are from mostly China and India, while generics are mostly made in China and India.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

If you search on how many children in the US have complications due to medications you will see that most scandals that relate to side effects are from generic brands that the ingredients are from oversea.

I am very careful of what I take and before taking anything I research to see if any of the ingredients have a record of side effects as I am one in the 3% that have problem with any type of medication.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have also had long conversations with my preferred pharmacy about how often they have to order specific brands of generic. I really believe the situation I explained above only occurred because the drs office called the Rx into the wrong pharmacy. That's not even blaming a specific person. There just wasn't a history of my child switching from generic to name brand.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Accidents happen, but then again in your case your child had the care it needed, sometimes it can be dangerous.

I have spend many times in the emergency room swollen from head to toe because of antibiotics, one common additive that I am highly allergic to is sulfa.

I have a list of items that I can get reactions too.

I am to have surgery on the 26 and already I have my surgeon aware that certain pain killers are a no go for me including morphine.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I will have good thoughts for your upcoming surgery. I'm actually scared of hospitals ... there are sick people there!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

sorry but pill form is nothing like liquid form!!!!! u should have been warned!!!!
liquids are highly absorbable they get into the system in mouth through saliva immidatiaty as it does not need to be degisted!! how is that comparable. did I misunderstand ur info in this post? is not generic vs non . but liguid vs pills!!!
common sence sorry I get so mad poor baby it is so hard to measure amounts what is 5ml exactly do u know???? they didnt provide u a drop thingy???

did u contact them and told them ??

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

and small percent have adverse reaction!! scary

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=191007

if I told u my family owns one of the biggest name brand drug u know and my family owns one of the biggest pharmacy brands in AU(and supply USA with one of the most common product u use not from AU) and if I told u both our products are manufactured at the same spot using same ingredience and process ...but YOU pay more money for the one we advertise and less for the one we don't but it is part of our pharmacy line brands, so we sell it to u cheaper ,would u believe me? frankly I don't care.just saying..

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Sadly it is differences between generic drugs and the none generics, it has to do with the fillers and slyly variations of the main ingredients.

Can the generic version of my medication cause side effects?

drugs.about.com...

Taking into consideration that most of our ingredients in our drugs comes from China and India, we know that our government and the FDA do not keep the policy of higher standards on the ingredients.

Where Do Generic Drugs Come From?

www.peoplespharmacy.com...

Then taking into consideration how many people die every year from side effects of prescribed drugs, everybody should think twice about what their doctors wants them to put in their mouth.

100,000 Americans Die Each Year from Prescription Drugs, While Pharma Companies Get Rich

Prescription drugs taken as directed kill 100,000 Americans a year. That's one person every five minutes. How did we get here?

www.alternet.org...

Well that's contrary to what the FDA site says about generics. According to the FDA, their testing is more stringent for generics than the initial patent product. Odd, but that's what they claim.

So I guess one needs to weigh the information on either side and make choices accordingly.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join