It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah officers heard mysterious voice that led them to infant who survived for 14 hours after car cra

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

Right ... they don't say she was submerged, but they do say the officers where treated for hypothermia after working in the frigid waters that were deep enough in places that a 6 ft officer was up to his neck in water. The pictures show that it wasn't a wee little creek. An amazing story all around.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: VegHead

Thanks for adding all the relevant links to the thread.

This story does seem to be getting lots of play. It is sad but intriguing to say the least.

I really appreciate you posting the story here! Your post was the first I had heard of it.

Just one more link, if you don't mind...

The Huffington Post picked up the story about an hour ago. They also confirm the mother died on impact.

Authorities said Lynn Jennifer "Jenny" Groesbeck, 25, died around 10:30 p.m. Friday when her car hit a cement barrier at the end of the bridge and rolled over into the water.

Source: m.huffpost.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So would they have just left the car there all smashed up polluting the water and never looked inside if it wasn't for this alleged voice?

Sounds like some story embellishment to me. Maybe Brian Williams was there.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

So who says the woman was not still alive when they got there? For all we know she had a broken neck and her spinal cord was severed when they moved the car.

14 hours is a long time to survive under these conditions.

[edit] the poster up there confirmed that she died on impact. Here: VegHead
edit on 3/9/2015 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Although injuries appeared to support she died upon impact, obviously, she didn't. Her last breathe was spent calling out for help. By the time officers were walking towards the vehicle, she passed away.

Just stating the obvious. : )

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

From that article

She was found upside-down in her car seat and narrowly avoiding river water so cold that seven of the rescue workers on the scene had to be treated for hypothermia

That implies that the mother was submerged.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The car was upside down in the water. The mother was strapped in with head submerged for 18 hours. She was dead. Little Lily Groesback was also upside down, but strapped into her car seat, head above the 40 degree water flowing beneath her. Lily's ANGEL was calling out to rescuers so they would hurry, before she succumbed to the cold.

Lily obviously has something very important to accomplish in God's plan. Dying at this point would have been too soon. I'd love to be able to follow her life. Hopefully some organization will document her years going forward, but I doubt if mankind is patient and perceptive enough to do what may end up being a 100 year study.
-cwm

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Although injuries appeared to support she died upon impact, obviously, she didn't. Her last breathe was spent calling out for help. By the time officers were walking towards the vehicle, she passed away.

Just stating the obvious. : )

Hmmm...I'm going to take the opinion of the 4 police officers that were there over you 'just stating the obvious'. They felt the mother could not have yelled for Help in her DEAD condition.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Never under estimate a mother's love for her child.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Lol! Help yo self! It was a ghost then, as you wish. : )

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'd really like to see the coroner's report to see the estimated time of death. That would be very telling. If she had been deceased for 14 hours, he would have been able to determine something very close to that.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Assume this is true for a second. Why did this baby, of all the millions or billions of babies that dies recently, get the magic protection of the mother? Or of god, or of whatever people pretend is happening here? Answer: he didn't, this is nonsense.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

LOL so the officers are lying?

I see nothing about god here.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I saw that story, was amazing. That poor child,losing his mother and sitting there waiting to be found. But all the things that happened around that accident were creepy for sure,but it did help find the boy.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Looking for a coroner's report, but there isn't one yet. But this is the vehicle, only partially submerged. Water up just to the tires. Other reports saying it was "overturned", so this must be after they flipped it back over. So many conflicting reports........

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 3/9/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

It WAS overturned.

I wonder if they have pictures of it before they flipped it over. I am sure they will show up soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Baddogma -- Maybe it wasn't the baby's time to go... and maybe the mother knew that.

On another note, I wonder if maybe there was another car involved that caused her car to skid off the road and caused the accident, even though it was unintentional and purely accidental.... OR, maybe they had their high beams on and it momentarily blinded her or something, which caused her to lose control of the car.

Either way, I am suggesting pure accident, but that the driver didn't want to risk being charged with death so he/she drove off a short ways, left their car parked somewhere nearby, and then ran back to the scene. And if so, maybe that person yelled out for "help" while remaining hidden, out of fear of being ticketed/charged with death or having to submit to a breathalyzer test.

I believe that under certain circumstances the dead can communicate cross-dimensional, from the other side, and even though it's rare, it happens. Many years ago I heard my deceased grandfather speak to me when my brother was on his deathbed about to cross over.

But is it possible that maybe there was someone else involved and out of compassion, empathy, concern and guilt they remained hidden and yelled for "help"--- they just did what little they could do under the horrific circumstances?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I remembered watching a show on it too but couldn't find it until now.

It was an episode of Paranormal Witness - Season: 1 Episode: 2 “Haunted Highway/Kentucky UFO Chase”.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligencePerhaps there was another female who got out or was thrown from the car and they never found her, just heard her voice...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool
I seriously doubt it given the location. It was pretty barren and not much cover. I also add listen to those officers. They heard a woman's voice from within the car. You could see on their faces they were dealing with the unknown.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join