It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah officers heard mysterious voice that led them to infant who survived for 14 hours after car cra

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The Utah officers cannot explain it, but a mysterious voice that appeared to come from a wrecked car led them to the rescue of an unconscious 18-month-old baby that had been trapped for 14 hours.

Officer Tyler Beddoes of the Spanish Fork Police Department in Utah was one of four first responders who rescued the infant Lily Groesbeck who was secured in her car seat and left hanging upside down in 40-degree water after her mother drove off a bridge and died in a tragic crash Friday night.

Utah officers heard mysterious voice that led them to infant who survived for 14 hours after car crash killed her mother

This is a strange tale indeed. It makes you wonder. Did this loving mother reach across the veil and guide these officers to save her baby girl? More than one officer heard a woman's voice cry for help. When they got the car out of the water they could see that she was dead but the baby was still alive. I felt kind of teary eyed after reading this article.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Star and flag...

Interesting story..

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It would be interesting if the family had a recording of the mother's voice, perhaps from a voicemail message, to play for the officers. To see if it matched the voice they heard.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

edit on 9-3-2015 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
How long had the driver been dead? If for longer than what the first responders were there, I'd say it was a ghost. I can't think if any other explanation because the others heard it, too.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Utah officers heard mysterious voice that led them to infant who survived for 14 hours after car crash killed her mother

It didn't lead them to the infant, they were already at the scene.

Beddoes told the Daily News he was one of four Spanish Fork police officers who arrived at the scene. At first they were told there was a vehicle in the water but it wasn't until they started moving towards the water that they were informed by the witness that he could see an arm stick out of the window.The vehicle was flipped upside down but the four men plunged into the fast running 40-degree water and attempted to save any potential survivors.

Then suddenly, Beddoes and the other responders started to hear a distinct female voice call out for help.

They would have found the kid anyway. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My mind is officially blown.

Tragic loss of a young life, but what a crazy story of hope. I pray baby Lily makes a full recovery.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

They would have found the kid anyway. Just saying.

Agreed...

But that doesn't dismiss the possibility that the mother somehow found a way after dying to stick around and look out for her own.

Just sayin'...

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This is not the first time I've heard of this. Back in the 90's a very similar thing happened when a mother wrecked her vehicle in a ravine. She died on impact but her child was in the car alive. Long story short a few days later a couple claimed to see a nude woman laying beside the road. When they called police out to look they found no nude body but they went down into the ravine and found the car with the deceased mother and her child who was still alive.

link to story

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Whatever it was...and it was likely the "ghost" of the woman being heard from one dimension over... it happens.

I know not everyone has their personal proof... but it does happen... and opens up a whole lot more to look into as far as our true reality here... and elsewhere.

One thing, if the woman was still conscious in a death state... why didn't she keep quiet so the baby would be dead, too? I know they had already found the car, etc. and this is pure tangent nonsense ... but it does create some questions.

I think the answer is that she was still thinking like a living human and simply wanted her baby to be okay.

I was thinking that if death is pleasant, as some say, then why would she want her baby to stay alive and not join her in the next world?

Just wondering... heh...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

But that doesn't dismiss the possibility that the mother somehow found a way after dying to stick around and look out for her own. Just sayin'...

Yes, and I didn't imply that such a thing did not happen, I merely pointed out the inaccurate title. I decided to add "just saying" because there is always someone that gets a bit aggrevated when you point out simple facts.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

We could see a person in the front seat and then we heard a voice saying 'help me, we're in here.' It was clear as day," he said. "We replied back 'hang in there, we're trying what we can.'" The voice motivated them to push harder because they believed there may be someone inside who was still alive. With their adrenaline pumping they pulled the heavy, water-filled car onto its side and discovered the driver was deceased.

So who says the woman was not still alive when they got there? For all we know she had a broken neck and her spinal cord was severed when they moved the car.

Just saying.
edit on 9-3-2015 by LogJammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence
WOW!

Great Post

Rebel 5

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

A different article I read about this suggested the mom was under water ... so there was no way she was still alive when the first responders arrived. The car was found upside down in the water with mom strapped in the driver's seat. The baby was strapped in the car seat, just high enough that the water never touched her.
edit on 9-3-2015 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can anyone else find another article about hearing a voice? The linked one seems to be the only one

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Yes, from other sources i have read on this story, it sounds like the mom died quickly after the accident.

Here is one source, for instance, that mentions this:

Police say 25-year-old Lynn Groesbeck was on her way home from her parents house Friday night when her car hit a cement barrier and flipped into the Spanish Fork River. Lynn likely died on impact, investigators said.

Source: www.wral.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Yes, I thought of that too, but the testimony of the cop in this article didn't say anything about her being completely submerged and the baby obviously wasn't either, but off course the woman's head would have been deeper.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Can anyone else find another article about hearing a voice? The linked one seems to be the only one

There are a lot of stories out there ... AP, CNN, fox, yahoo, nbc, Etc, Etc

It has become a big story.

Here is one link, but Google will yield more:
www.cnn.com...

Here is a quote from the part of the story linked from cnn that talks about the voice.

A mystery arose from the rescue: The police officers who entered the water say they heard a voice calling for help.

The mother was dead, but the officers said that they heard an adult's voice calling to them.

"The four of us heard a distinct voice coming from the car," Warner told CNN. "To me, it didn't sound like a child's voice."

The voice gave the rescuers a surge of adrenaline needed to push the vehicle upright, he said.

The mother was dead. The child was unconscious, but her eyelids were fluttering, and the rescuers knew she was alive, Warner said.

It's one of those things that doesn't have an explanation, he said about the voice.

"It felt like I could hear someone telling me, 'I need help,'" DeWitt told CNN affiliate KSL. "It was very surreal, something that I felt like I could hear."

Tyler Beddoes, a third officer at the scene, said the same.

"Someone said 'help me' inside that car," he said.
. .

edit on 9-3-2015 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Thanks

I went to their local media and didn't see anything.

I usually try to backtrack to the local account. Since they usually have more info

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Thanks for adding all the relevant links to the thread.

This story does seem to be getting lots of play. It is sad but intriguing to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join