It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A gigantic mushroom cloud photographed on Mars by the Indian Mars Orbitor

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I would love to hear nasa try and explain this one away. Although since mars has methane I suppose it could be a methane related explosion.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

This kind of stuff makes me embarrassed to be a part of this community. Occasionaly. Why the official twitters feed jumps to the absurd conclusion that this is a nuke is beyond me. It's just embarrassing, come on... could you make us look any crazier???
edit on 10-3-2015 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Quaid! Start the reactor!

I know this had been figured out. Just disappointed no-one said that in this thread yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Probably trying to nuke an advanced alien base or something. Mars may have very intelligent life on it. . . .

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This looks like an exploding caldera! Only a caldera would produce a mushroom of that magnitude.

But is the source really legit? I'd like to have other people's opinion on it...

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

edit on 10/3/15 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is interesting . nice find. what are the isro guys saying?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I see no one's bothered to spend 30 seconds to check other images then. Or look on their Facebook page where they describe the natural formation.

It's a combination of the natural formation and the way they processed the image. Shame on you ATS!

apod.nasa.gov...

Look at their Facebook page, it has the names of the features if you don't already know. Then search away!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
US secret space program flew to mars and carried out hydrogen bomb test. Anyone have the latt and long on Mars.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
Quaid! Start the reactor!

I know this had been figured out. Just disappointed no-one said that in this thread yet.

From the previous page:

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: aynock

Thanks for that

OneBigMonkey posted the image and it's game over for any mushroom clouds...

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
US secret space program flew to mars and carried out hydrogen bomb test. Anyone have the latt and long on Mars.

Sure it's 7.0°S 102.2°W and it's called Noctis Labyrinthus. Not mushroom cloud.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith
I see no one's bothered to spend 30 seconds to check other images then. Or look on their Facebook page where they describe the natural formation.

It's a combination of the natural formation and the way they processed the image. Shame on you ATS!

apod.nasa.gov...

Look at their Facebook page, it has the names of the features if you don't already know. Then search away!

LoL, ya, like I would ever believe ANYTHING Naza tells us.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

is it possible that mars may be becoming active again ( Volcanic activity )

in the close up pic there seems to be a similar mound (down to the right)

but as you can guess i dont really know

just putting it out there

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Thanks just did a quick calc of the longitude and if fall exactly on major grid node.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Actually it falls close to the major node shown in picture above. The displacement distance between 102.2 W and the major node has harmonic value of interest 33.33333333.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ziplock9000

2D image and you've assumed you know the 3rd.

Don't assume, thats what retards and children do.

What is your point? And why do you have to go down to insults to get your points across. You should try explaining your point in a civilized way.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
Actually it falls close to the major node shown in picture above. The displacement distance between 102.2 W and the major node has harmonic value of interest 33.33333333.

Cool but that's the co-ordinates of the feature in general not the specific part in question. Check the wikipedia page and click the coordinate link.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What I find amusing is how so many people are not realizing this:

The area is viewed from almost top down.

If that were an actual mushroom cloud, it would have to be leaning WAY over to the side at a crazy 45 degree or more angle to be photographed like that.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

But the internet says it's a mushroom cloud! All those other pictures that show it in detail are NASA lies! Why are you so boring!

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Im working with Long 102.2 west and latitude 7 degrees south the coordinates you gave me when I asked for the latt long of the anomaly. My calcs tell me the sun was 59.553 degree in the sky at D time. The calcs work nicely so Im going with those coordinates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join