It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality is the only way out of "the Matrix"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Now, the thing that structures life could be an interconnected life program, with actually noone in charge. A pattern of assembly of things based on laws of shapes and laws of assembly of life based on the elements present in the location.

Maybe some have figured this out already and doing so have figured how to predict how it works. This way they gain power over us, advanced knowledge of the whole system.

When we put ourselves into an unnatural, or even unnatural electromagnetic field it could interfere with this link. Now, attaching conducting metals to the body strengthens the link that some here on earth have created. The whole thing is that people want to control this link and dominate the world, but only someone with the right genetics can accomplish this. These people are confused because society has said they are defective, with directives coming from those who control things in this world. Doping them up is necessary or convincing them that they are delusional is required. Breaking their spirit so they cannot interfere with the plans of those who want to control the world.

We are like ants or bees, and people either want to be the queen or destroy people's knowledge that they are being controlled. The matrix could be a program with no creator, it created itself from all life. It is a collective consciousness beyond our comprehension. There are minor rulers, like the collective consciousness of the earth itself, an entity of which we are in direct contact with unless we dampen the signal with certain frequencies and scramble the signals.

God is the word that is not spoken, the communication link to all life in the universe. In our case, it is a link to everything living on this planet. Someone who taps into this and could utilize it's power could control the world. Especially one that could tie into all life, including the microbes. Since a vast majority of the cells in our body are not our own, what if they were all instructed to bite a person or release their toxins. It could take a person down within minutes.

I like to explore the possibilities that exist even if they are fictional. Now, maybe someone could make a movie out of this idea. I want ten free tickets if they do.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

If One were to look at this from a Taoist point, You wouldn't have to travel far down 'The Path' "The Tao that can be told is NOT the eternal Tao..." I guess that is because when We meld back to 'whence We came' ALL that there is, We are elated and either decide to incarnate (again???) or travel on... We could also add "The Tao teaches Us that there are far too many "names" already" What words would describe it??

And The Great Buddha Himself would tell You "If You see Buddha on the road kill Him" But He'd say "If You see Me on the road kill Me"...

namaste

All concepts must be killed - even Jesus has to be crucified. The point is to not reincarnate. The separate you is an illusion - not actual - there is nothing separate at all - all is arising as this.
It must be discovered that the separate self does not exist and then the suffering of the individual will cease - this is the good news.
Life is just happening but there may appear to be someone suffering from it.
Naming (concepts) is what makes there seem as though there are separate things but there is only ever what is happening. Words happen and stories are told and then there appears to be a path.
This right here and right now is what is happening - it is the pathless path.

Namaste.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hearows

I'm... I'm gonna add that defining a mental illness as a spiritual awakening is trivializing the pain and suffering these diseases cause and creating stigma around treatment. I've heard plenty of admonitions against medications for disruptive, legitimately painful disorders that can be effectively treated, and encouraging those who would need help to spurn it by touting their symptoms as a spiritual awaking is an ignorant, and socially destructive practice.

"We can view depression not as a mental illness, but on a deeper level, as a profound, and very misunderstood, state of deep rest, entered into when we are completely exhausted by the weight of our own false story of ourselves. Jeff Foster

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The realization of the non dual reality is the way out without having to do anything or go anywhere.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

While I typically applaud efforts to revere the mentally ill (particularly if you have one, yourself), I must change the word game being played. I posit that it's not deep rest, but de-pressed. People are simply buttons that need to be pushed, and if someone becomes depressed, their metaphorical switch has been let go of (probably by that deity that is always damning people to hell that blaspheme).

The more interesting part, is what do you do to push someone's button? My guess is probably better than yours (since it's MY metaphor) but I don't have one. What does that say about yours? Probably that it's terrible.

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hearows

Waxing philosophically about Solipsism does not equate with schizoid personality disorder.

You don't get it. There is no such thing as a personality disorder. It only exists when a "mental health professional" says it does, and only based on an inference from what you say, the way you say it, and other people confirming or denying the truthfulness of your remarks. I was saying that to scare him, but now I have to make other things up. Thanks for that

If you were to go in and display all of the symptoms of a major psychiatric illness without actually having the illness, it amounts to the exact same thing as you having the illness. Everything from that point on will be interpreted in light of the fact that you "have" the illness.

The only way to "get over" a mental illness is to "accept" it and "work" on it. Denying that anything is wrong, particularly if nothing is wrong, is just another symptom of the illness. Perception is everything.

I'm... I'm gonna add that defining a mental illness as a spiritual awakening is trivializing the pain and suffering these diseases cause and creating stigma around treatment.

I'm glad you recognize that. Not everyone does, apparently.

I'm not big on stigmatizing benign philosophy/religious beliefs as inherently pathological. I don't see anything in the OP advocating for total withdrawal from society.

There's nothing benign about philosophy or religious beliefs. People and ideas have a symbiotic relationship, but that doesn't make those beliefs benign. The idea is propagated by the individual, and anyone infected with the idea already will jump at the opportunity to help you nurture it and care for it in its time of weakness.

Believing that reality doesn't exist outside of one's own personal experience isn't new, and Descartes was an interesting enough character.

I was unaware this conversation was on the contemporaneous nature of the idea that the universe doesn't exist outside of one's own perspective (or not, as you have pointed out).

What I don't understand is where this became integrated so heavily into new age spirituality

That basically IS what new age spirituality is. "The universe is here for me, to help me get rich or kill thousands of innocent people because I secretly gave off vibrations that produced an earthquake."

Glorification and sexualization of mental illness is part of the problem

Don't you like my borderline personality disorder? :'( I made it just for you, and now you hate me. WTF?!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The point is to not reincarnate.

Must say that this made me do a double take.

This seems contrary to your usual, there is only now, take on things. It implies that at some point a choice is made and, like all choices, it must surely take into account things that have gone before and it would have to affect that which comes after.

It also sets up a scenario where the here and now may be only a subset of something larger.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
It is all the illusory separate persons that live in time that must be crucified or killed - the concept of me and concepts of Jesus and Buddha. Presence is all there is - when presence has been fully realized then there is an absence of the separate me (that only appears in thoughts of past and future). The discovery that presence is what there is, removes identification with any thing else.
The concept of 'me in time' will no doubt still appear in thought but it is seen through (crucified again and again).
Thought can only appear in presence and it speaks of a 'separate me' and separate other things.
Presence is what there is and all stories appear in and as presence.

It is only then that, the concepts can be seen, for what they really are.

edit on 14-3-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
The point is to not reincarnate.
It is an illusion that you are in flesh (incarnate) - it is this illusion which causes the suffering.
What you are is nothing appearing as everything - one without a second - Presence - This that Is.

It is the illusion that you are the character appearing on the screen when really you are the entire screen wearing an amazing technicolor dream coat.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

What is all?

It is an illusion that you are in flesh (incarnate) - it is this illusion which causes the suffering.

Suffereing aside, because that may be what were after, where/how are you when you don't reincarnate?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
where/how are you when you don't reincarnate?

Nowhere - now here as all there is.
Where else could being BE?
There is nothing other than what is happening and you are that.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

And if you don't reincarnate?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

And if you don't reincarnate?

That is the answer for not reincarnating.

Do you think you are in flesh?
I am not incarnate (in flesh) now but you may think you are.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Oh, I see, you twisted the definition of reincarnation to carry on your usual banter.

Should have seen that coming.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh, I see, you twisted the definition of reincarnation to carry on your usual banter.

Should have seen that coming.

What does re incarnation mean to you if it does not mean entering the flesh again?
This is not banter - I am very serious - it is not a twisted definition - what does reincarnation mean to you?

The individual who realized Buddhahood did not want to reincarnate - did you know that?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What does re incarnation mean to you if it does not mean entering the flesh again?

You say you are not in the flesh but keys don't get pressed unless fleshy fingers push down.

So to me, you can't exist here and now without being "in the flesh", being incarnate. If we leave this vessel when we die and are given a choice to occupy another vessel, then that would be reincarnation.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You say you are not in the flesh but keys don't get pressed unless fleshy fingers push down.

So to me, you can't exist here and now without being "in the flesh", being incarnate. If we leave this vessel when we die and are given a choice to occupy another vessel, then that would be reincarnation.

What are you existing as? It is just an illusion that you are in the fleshy boundary.
Believing that you are inside and that there is an outside is where the seeming separation happens.

Can you choose what to dream tonight? Are you choosing what appears in this waking dream?
The dreamer and the dream are not two things.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What are you existing as? It is just an illusion that you are in the fleshy boundary.

Yes, are you not also within that illusion?

Can you choose what to dream tonight?

Yes.

Are you choosing what appears in this waking dream?

No

The dreamer and the dream are not two things.

But the player and the game are.

Is this a dream or a game?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Is this a dream or a game?

When there is seeking in time and space for the answer or solution, it is a game - a game of hide and seek.
When found......... it is a dream.
It's the cosmic joke.

All that is plays the game of seeking for something other. It hopes it will be ok in time, always presently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join