It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirituality is the only way out of "the Matrix"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I realize that the term "the Matrix" is corny but it's a simple way to express "five sense reality" and simultaneously the prison of societal mental patterns and the overall "reality" of society. When I use the term "the Matrix" in this post, I'm referring to both simultaneously.

Do you want freedom from "the Matrix"? There are only two ways in my opinion: death or spirituality. The following thread got me to thinking about the issue.

Spirituality might work if it wasn't so stupid.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The best hope that I believe we have of breaking free from "the Matrix" is described in this "joke" of an article.

No Prison Can Hold Me, As Long As I Have My Imagination
www.theonion.com...

If you want to break free from "the Matrix", you have to go inward. There's no other way I can see. Anything going outward is feeding the "five sense reality" in my opinion and with that comes the "reality" and mental patterns of society as well.

I've experienced this to some extent. Do you want to find love? It's right within you. Do you want to overcome loneliness? The best answer is to look inward in my opinion, going outward is sub-optimal for overcoming that and every other other emotional need or problem. Why? Think of it like fixing a car. If you there's a problem with the engine, does it do any good to focus on the paint job? Similarly, how can one overcome their emotional problems and needs without going inward? I'm extremely alone in life but I've basically overcome loneliness. It took years of work, inward work, how could that problem be solved any other way? That gives me freedom because I don't have to rely on others to solve any loneliness problems, great, I can use my time much more productively.

On the grander scale, spirituality is the answer and has always been the answer in my opinion. The following video explains the basic idea of how that works.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9-3-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

I want to address part of a post made later in this thread (you can read the entire post below).

originally posted by: borntowatch
Well in my opinion you are only half right so that makes you wrong.

The Matrix is real and we are part of it so its best to live in it, you cant live outside of it and you cant pretend you can.

So the balance becomes living within it on another set of rules.

This attitude really bothers me. What makes people think they have the right to put limitations on what others can accomplish?

The opinion above is based on a limited understanding (as we all have). How can one with a limited understanding think that they know the limits of reality? What an egotistical worldview to believe that you have a grasp of what's possible for every human on earth. Please.

edit on 9-3-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It's also the only way to breathe new life into the Matrix, thus saving it as Neo did at the end.

đź‘Ł

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The Matrix is real and we are part of it so its best to live in it, you cant live outside of it and you cant pretend you can.

We can experience love by loving others, by helping and caring and being compassionate. We can end loneliness by being with others, its that simple. Your eastern mysticism doesnt work, it isolates people and strangles emotion. Loving yourself can be attained by loving others. We are in a world with others, you seem to want to deny that basic reality. Neo was in relationship with others.
Ever wondered why these eastern societies and there people are flocking to the west, because self centerdness doesnt work.

Stop and think about it for more than a few seconds, community works.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This thread made me aware of the fact that I have for some time been using the terms "spirituality" and "imagination" interchangeably, but for me the one has become the other. And used as such it is most likely the key.

Here goes, imagination/spirituality is the source code that lets you hack and re-program the matrix. Understand that the "matrix" is both collective construction and individual cage. To be effective, each needs to make his/her own tools or weapons. No one else can do this for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
For those who seek within, spirituality provides the biggest tool box for waking up.

However, the requirements to exit this plane of existence and leave the petri dish/viral vault/insane assylum matrix/simulation, are actually very simple, anyone even an athiest like my grandfather for most of his life, a very good man by the way, with compassion and humbleness, and would give the shirt off his back to those in need, can leave. It takes Love, and according Freedom to others, Equality principles, and working on personal flaws that prevent seeing things that need mending under our eyes. And it doesn't take any ISM or belief or spirituality to accomplish.

We come from empowerment on the other side so to speak, we're not learning to be great magicians of any kind, but to become pure of heart and loving. So when we're our fuller selves, we're not out of control maniacs wielding soul empowerment abilities and harming self or others.
edit on 9-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Try Humanism.

1. Do not kill or support killing humans unless there is a clear and present threat to life.
2. Value humans above all memes (ideas).
3. Reserve the right of free will. Preserve imprints of free will from the past and protect free will for the future.
4. Seek power, not authority.
5. Aspire to an internal locus of control.

Observe how the memes and operatives instantly attack you. Religions are obviously threatened by this mindset, but how long before corporations declare Humanists as evil terrorists?

Think about ironic that is. The ideals of humanism are considered very dangerous to some (Sovereigns, Religions, War profiteers, Pharma, Biocide producers, Financiers, the list goes on and on).

News flash, you might want to beware of anything and anyone that is fundamentally anti-human.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This actually makes sense to me OP. I guess I must be just a tad bit more over the edge than I think.

I am sure that the reality we live in is being steered or controlled but identifying the ones or thing doing it is hard. It appears there are more than two directions to go, like branches of a tree. Realities do touch the farther up the tree you go and you can sometimes jump to a different branch as they touch. If you miss the opportunity, you need to go right back down to the base and start over again. Jumping off a branch to try to grab onto another branch rarely works unless you are good at it. Convincing others to jump off the branch while you climb the tree is used by many people, sometimes they just step on others heads as they are climbing over them too, knocking them down to a lower and different reality.

I don't know, why do we have to climb that tree in the first place, it is nice just to watch as everyone else tries to climb it. Too bad I didn't learn that when I was young, I could have had a much nicer life.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What people keep calling a matrix is a REAL thing. Your idea of matrix is abstract thought, the reality is different, best get in tune with it.

We are internal-consciousness, capsulated within a biological and chemical body, part of its design, the 5 senses, are the faculties we use to experience what you call matrix.

Both worlds are apart of what we are; the internal thought, feeling self, that uses a hueman body to navigate, observe, interact, create, destroy.. said matrix.

The matrix is not an illusion, it's a real thing. And your a real being made from internal energy and external atomic structure (anatomy>biology>chemistry).

Take your life and being more seriously and truthfully. You are truely capsulated in a body, within a creations universe (an infinite space to create with matter)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how many geniuses are congregated in one group, damn...LOVEa reply to: InverseLookingGlass

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Try humanism?

I have. The problem is it only works if you stop “trying” everything else. Actually, that is also how ANYTHING works (or fails to work). That which gives our life meaning has to be—MUST BE--personal. If what you call “Humanism” is personal (and works) for you, then great. I support you. However, when you Capitalize the word (Humanism) it becomes an ideology (no longer personal), it thus it becomes political or religious. The danger is your Humanism is it can become a group ideology and then it becomes subject to GROUP THINK.

Observe how the memes and operatives instantly attack you. Religions are obviously threatened by this mindset, but how long before corporations declare Humanists as evil terrorists? Think about ironic that is. The ideals of humanism are considered very dangerous to some (Sovereigns, Religions, War profiteers, Pharma, Biocide producers, Financiers, the list goes on and on).

That term Humanist is problematic, because it is a collectivist ideology (like many other “new world order (without gods)” ideologies) which naturally provokes FEAR in other groups of people. Specifically, certain political and religious groups of people (whenever people “host the same memes” they are a GROUP). Individuals have no problem with “Humanism” because they are human themselves. At that level it makes sense to value being human and to stop placing value on that which would de-value the human being. However, people in GROUPS do not think this way. You might say they are stuck in a GROUP think and therefore FEAR the ideals of Humanism.

When you say “Try Humanism” I think u mean: “Stop valuing the valueless”

Why not just say that?

1. Do not kill or support killing humans unless there is a clear and present threat to life.

2. Value humans above all memes (ideas).

3. Reserve the right of free will. Preserve imprints of free will from the past and protect free will for the future.

4. Seek power, not authority.

5. Aspire to an internal locus of control.

This is all well and good, but… as the title of the OP makes clear: “Spirituality is the only way out of “the Matrix” - Yes, it does take being spiritual to break free of the Matrix. Now allow me to explain this in my own terms: The Matrix is what might also be called the “False Authority” (that which is outside of yourself) and being “spiritual” is trusting in your own authority/power (that which comes from within, ie “your inner most being”).

News flash, you might want to beware of anything and anyone that is fundamentally anti-human.

Humanism can be fundamentally anti-human.

edit on 9-3-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2015 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Freedom of the matrix, is like being free from God and the authorities of heaven, it almost like escaping determinism and having the freedom of choosing your own fate.

And knowing mythology, God never liked free, I mean you could look at the stories of fallen angels and such, where Satan was created and had his, but was in matrix of hell with his fallen worshipers to be made examples of challenging the heavens.

Or you could look at Lucifer, and the title, where he got so bright, the light he had rivaled God, and God gave him permission to command all the angels for God had faith Lucifer would not fail in bringing light.

Freedom from the matrix is like light trying to escape a black hole, at the end of it, it almost impossible.

edit on 9-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here is a chart illustrating the hero journey out of the Matrix.

Note the return. Of course, you don't have to return, but a hero does.

It's not quite a full circle. It's more of a spiral that keeps going up and up...

*insert inspirational music*

đź‘Ł

edit on 839Monday000000America/ChicagoMar000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

the way you use spirituality makes it a synonym for death. ego-death as some call it. complete loss of regard for the fundamental self. psychological suicide. i personally have never seen assimilation as a nirvana-esque destination, but i guess selling your identity for eternal peace of mind has its selling points. or is that not the spirituality we speak of here?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ego-death is part of mysticism but if you look at the chart above, the initiation doesn't end there. There is ego-rebirth after the ego-death. People always forget that part.

Thomas Anderson died and was reborn as Neo.

đź‘Ł

edit on 846MondayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Ego-death is part of mysticism but if you look at the chart above, the initiation doesn't end there. There is ego-rebirth after the ego-death. People always forget that part.

đź‘Ł

i seem to remember that the "rebirth" neo experienced in the movie didnt last very long. the leader machine he partnered with ended up killing him to kill the real threat.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

đź‘Ł

i seem to remember that the "rebirth" neo experienced in the movie didnt last very long. the leader machine he partnered with ended up killing him to kill the real threat.

So? No one gets out alive. You don't undergo initiation so that you can hang-out in your body forever.

đź‘Ł

edit on 875MondayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

đź‘Ł

So? No one gets out alive. You don't undergo initiation so that you can hang-out in your body forever.

đź‘Ł

right, the best part happens after you die. which, coincidentally, is right around the same time you lose your ability to sue for damages.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I
If you want to break free from "the Matrix", you have to go inward. There's no other way I can see. Anything going outward is feeding the "five sense reality" in my opinion and with that comes the "reality" and mental patterns of society as well.

Reality or truth is not realized by going inward any more than it is realized by going outward. Yes, going inward may yield a temporary escape from the physical domain and all of its suffering and difficulties, but until the very act that is our moment-to-moment engaging of the "Matrix" is understood and thereby released, the same root suffering you are wanting to avoid now, will still be the case wherever you apparently go.

Reality has no inward or outward, it just is. One needs to deeply recognize this moment to moment, and reality will reveal itself however it does. All seeking to go elsewhere is just more avoidance of reality.

Our fundamental reality is awareness or consciousness, not what is arising. The higher worlds of inward search are still conditional - not unconditional reality/awareness itself.
edit on 3/9/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Brilliant! I thoroughly entertain the idea you pose of us living in a matrix. After a deeply profound spiritual experience over 5 years ago now I have come to understand how we are truly trapped in a third dimensional reality. It is all expanding currently, just as was predicted! Long story short we are "re-becoming" the spiritual beings that we all are. Reading body language, feeling energy, "unspoken words" are all examples of an expanding awareness.

It is so infinitely vast. PM me with questions theres a lot of good stuff to come, but people are especially bad right now! The humanity shall return.

~Come on people now
Smile on your brother,
Everybody get together
& try to love one another~

All we are saying, is give peace a chance!

War is over if you want it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

I want to address part of a post made later in this thread (you can read the entire post below).

originally posted by: borntowatch

This attitude really bothers me. What makes people think they have the right to put limitations on what others can accomplish?

The opinion above is based on a limited understanding (as we all have). How can one with a limited understanding think that they know the limits of reality? What an egotistical worldview to believe that you have a grasp of what's possible for every human on earth. Please.

Your opinion is based on a limited understanding, so is the opinion of the fella in the YT clip.

You are right, I dont have the answer and I am probably only half right as well.

So let me ask you, what gives you the right to deny me the right to suggest that spirituality and self is not everything. What gives you the right to tell people to go into themselves (selfish?) to find peace and deny others.

This spirituality is Eastern Mysticism and to me Eastern Mysticism has kept the East in the Dark ages and people persecuted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join