It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin reveals Russia secret Crimea takeover in documentary

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

You don't just get to claim a part of a country because you have a base there.

Look to your own backyard. US "occupies" way more countries with bases than any other nation.

hundreds of bases world wide

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: MALBOSIA

He is a lying bastard, he knows that there are lot of undeniable evidence about his interference in Ukraine. So how long he kept lying? Does it make him a good fellow ?

It seems like good or not, Putin is not hiding what was important to Russia.

When has the USG ever stood up and told it's people that threats to the petrodollar are threats to US supremacy? They never even come close to telling the truth. USG keeps beeking off about Islamic extremists and deny deny deny any threat to the petro dollar. Maybe if the west didn't treat it's people like total idiots, so many wouldn't find Russia and Putin's forthcoming approach so refreshing.

He knows that westerners are sick of being lied to and is playing into it with brutal honesty.

Russia > US

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Ukraine really screwed the pooch when they gave up there warheads and didn't join NATO. Oh well, lesson learned the hard way.
Now mite be a good time to clean out the cob webs in your bomb shelter.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Maybe if the west didn't treat it's people like total idiots, so many wouldn't find Russia and Putin's forthcoming approach so refreshing.
He knows that westerners are sick of being lied to and is playing into it with brutal honesty.
Russia > US

Ah...you do know the topic of this thread right? How Putin LIED about invading Crimea at first and just now, a year later, came clean.

Whatever your smoking is good! Must be grown in Russia cause there is lots of this crazy logic going around.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Putin reveals Russia secret Crimea takeover in documentary

Yah, Russia occupies Crimea, they have for centuries. But in case some would rewrite the history of it, there was no 'secret' invasion, 97% of Crimea called for it in … wait for it… referendum after the Coup in Kiev.

March, 2014 Article

The real secret is the lies about what happened in Kiev and how the West, i.e., US and the EU (NATO) directly manipulated the internal affairs of Ukraine to foment the insurrection that resulted in the coup before the referendums in Crimea (and the East) to separate from Ukraine.

We now return you to to your regular 'Putin-bashing' programming.

Yeah um the so called referndum that occured with Russian troops in street (although that was denied by Russia at the time), transparent voting boxes so your vote was public and no option to remain as part of Ukraine. Not to mention Putins admits he was taking Ukraine before the so called referendum. So of course the referendum was set up as an excuse to annex Crimea after it was already decided to do so.

The worst thing about trying to debate on the side of Putin is he always comes out later and admits what everybody already knew.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Not to mention Putins admits he was taking Ukraine before the so called referendum. So of course the referendum was set up as an excuse to annex Crimea after it was already decided to do so.

More like shoring up his defenses. Wouldn't you?

After all the Crimea is Sevastapol, is the long time home base of Russian Sixth Fleet and control of the Entire Black Sea region.

NATO would love to x that I am sure.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Just thought i'd share so we could all have a good laugh ...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Maybe if the west didn't treat it's people like total idiots, so many wouldn't find Russia and Putin's forthcoming approach so refreshing.
Russia > US

Ah...you do know the topic of this thread right? How Putin LIED about invading Crimea at first and just now, a year later, came clean.

Whatever your smoking is good! Must be grown in Russia cause there is lots of this crazy logic going around.

At least he admitted it. It seems Russia and Putin have found a niche market for themselves that the west wouldn't dare compete with them at.

*Snip*
edit on 3/9/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I don't think anyone denied Russia taking Crimea. It is good to see Putin come out with a full admission of the decision. Goes to show how much more trust worthy the Russian government is than the west.

Lets see the west come out with a documentary on their decision to destabilize the Ukraine. I am sure they their reasons, so lets see who's reasons gather the most support. Denial is not a defence.

Sad to see another Canadian fall for the Russian propaganda, all the while you can enjoy the many freedoms Russian's cannot, such as speaking your mind without getting intimidated, jailed or shot, having the freedom to be gay or transgender, enjoying the many forms of free & state-independent press (including this site), and being able to become anything you want without government intervention.

Why you would rather vouch for Putin rather than the US constitution is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clairaudience

I don't think anyone denied Russia taking Crimea. It is good to see Putin come out with a full admission of the decision. Goes to show how much more trust worthy the Russian government is than the west.

Lets see the west come out with a documentary on their decision to destabilize the Ukraine. I am sure they their reasons, so lets see who's reasons gather the most support. Denial is not a defence.

Sad to see another Canadian fall for the Russian propaganda, all the while you can enjoy the many freedoms Russian's cannot, such as speaking your mind without getting intimidated, jailed or shot, having the freedom to be gay or transgender, enjoying the many forms of free & state-independent press (including this site), and being able to become anything you want without government intervention.

Why you would rather vouch for Putin rather than the US constitution is beyond me.

I'm not sure what this has to do with me or why you care what I think so much. Why would I have any opinion on the US constitution?

Since you bring up Canada and assume that I enjoy this and that, let me tell you.

You Cannot say what ever you want here.
We slaughter horses
We bash the skulls of little white baby seals
We will sell you uranium
We will sell you asbestos
Our only publicly funded media had it's budget slashed for asking the PM too hard of questions
I have been charged with a crime as bait for a confession
I have to disclose who I have sex with for tax purposes
Our finance minister died suddenly a week after a surprise retirement.
It is soon illegal to voice support for any organization labelled a terrorist organization.
We have only a couple dozen protected lakes

I can go on and on about how wonderful it is here. Maybe in your version but not mine. I don't need squat from these people.

Edit to add:

Forgot to mention we tore a strip off the earth the size of Florida to scrape up some oil. My buddies are fracking the *snip* out of northern Alberta right now.
edit on 9-3-2015 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

Sad to see another Canadian fall for the Russian propaganda...

It`s more like not falling for the Western propaganda.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Clairaudience

He doesn't represent all of us.

I must say, I thought this topic would have garnered more interest on ATS. It's strange to me to see it essentially swept under the rug, with the standard pro-putin responses receiving the most positive attention. Putin came right out and admitted he lied about Crimea. Everyone who wasn't under Russia's spell could see he was lying at the time, yet the pro-putin folks on this site insisted it was all western propaganda. Now he comes right out and admits what he did (that was so plainly obvious to everyone else) and it's just more excuses.

For those of you who continue to support Putin's actions in the Ukraine, what makes you so confident that you can trust this man when he has now admitted to lying twice? How can you be so blind?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

It`s strange when the same news gets 3 threads, and it doesn`t get that much attention while it isn`t actually new news which everyone knew, because lots of times it has been pointed out on this forum that Putin warned early `08 this would happen when US tried to take over the Ukraine.

And when the OP tries to make an anti-Putin thread about it by being selective in what he mentions, it becomes even more strange the low interest, now doesn`it ?
edit on 10 3 2015 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join