It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin reveals Russia secret Crimea takeover in documentary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
We've had endless debates on ATS with pro-Russian posters claiming there was no proof that Russia had invaded Ukraine, that Russia never deliberately acted to claim Crimea as its own, that this was all "evil western propaganda"

When it was suggested a week ago that a document proved Putin had been planning this for a few days before the invasion and that a strategy was being used (and leaked by inside sources) that this was a lie and couldn't possibly be true, because Russia never invaded Ukraine...

And I bring you admission by Putin himself, in a Russian-made documentary, by a Kremlin-owned Russian news agency, that he called a meeting to "rescue" Yanukovych, and then began the process of invading another country to steal land...

"We finished about seven in the morning. When we were parting, I told all my colleagues, 'We are forced to begin the work to bring Crimea back into Russia'."

I'm sure those most renowned for their praising of Putin and their denials of the truth probably won't want to talk about this at all

edit on 9-3-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't think anyone denied Russia taking Crimea. It is good to see Putin come out with a full admission of the decision. Goes to show how much more trust worthy the Russian government is than the west.

Lets see the west come out with a documentary on their decision to destabilize the Ukraine. I am sure they their reasons, so lets see who's reasons gather the most support. Denial is not a defence.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

He is a lying bastard, he knows that there are lot of undeniable evidence about his interference in Ukraine. So how long he kept lying? Does it make him a good fellow ?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

When it was suggested a week ago that a document proved Putin had been planning this for a few days before the invasion and that a strategy was being used (and leaked by inside sources) that this was a lie and couldn't possibly be true, because Russia never invaded Ukraine...

What? Can you point out the posters that claimed such a thing in this thread?

You are talking about this thread right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: MALBOSIA

He is a lying bastard, he knows that there are lot of undeniable evidence about his interference in Ukraine. So how long he kept lying? Does it make him a good fellow ?

No it makes him a very very bad boy who really needs to watch this,

edit on 9-3-2015 by LogJammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I don't think anyone denied Russia taking Crimea.

Apart for Russia and Putin? It was only after it was all said and done did they admit the soldiers were theirs - prior to that, they claimed they had no idea who the mysterious "little green men" were and they must be "self defence forces" (equipped with the latest Russian gear) of the Crimean people....

Putin denies Russian forces are in Crimea - 4th march 2014 - and from a "non western" source too

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yah, Russia occupies Crimea, they have for centuries. But in case some would rewrite the history of it, there was no 'secret' invasion, 97% of Crimea called for it in … wait for it… referendum after the Coup in Kiev.

March, 2014 Article

The real secret is the lies about what happened in Kiev and how the West, i.e., US and the EU (NATO) directly manipulated the internal affairs of Ukraine to foment the insurrection that resulted in the coup before the referendums in Crimea (and the East) to separate from Ukraine.

We now return you to to your regular 'Putin-bashing' programming.
edit on 9-3-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Come on now, we've seen plenty of people on ATS claiming that there were no Russian troops in Ukraine, that there were no tanks there, that these were all "rebels" and Ukrainian citizens rising up against their imagined "fascist junta".

We've had endless conversations over and over again, with pro-Russian posters claiming it's all western propaganda, that the people in Crimea are all just locals, that there's no evidence to say that Russia is responsible.

We've also had plenty of those same people claiming that the "referendum" was entirely genuine and not forced at all, but this is obviously a lie considering Putin has already decided that Crimea was going to be Russian.

Lets not try to rewrite what people have been claiming for months on ATS now that those people have been proven to be either liars, or just plain stupid.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Lets not try to rewrite what people have been claiming for months on ATS now that those people have been proven to be either liars, or just plain stupid.

But that's not what you just said. You said a week ago,

This did not happen......

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogJammer

What? Can you point out the posters that claimed such a thing in this thread?

You are talking about this thread right?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Poster Dimithae

it would only make sense that if Russia wanted Crimea it would have a plan of action to bring them into the fold. This doesn't sound like anything nefarious to me at all.

Clearly, it was nefarious, because there was an invasion of sovereign territory. The only way to reject the notion that it as nefarious would be to claim that Russia never invaded another country.

Post by DrChinstrap

The op is making up his own storyline based on a story for which there is no proof whatsoever.

Clearly, there was proof, and it was presented, and he rejected it on the basis that Russia had not invaded another country. Clearly, he was wrong, and now Putin has confirmed that Russia DID invade another country.

There are also numerous comments in that thread that have now been removed/blocked by admin.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, Russia occupies Crimea, they have for centuries. But in case some would rewrite the history of it, there was no 'secret' invasion, 97% of Crimea called for it in … wait for it… referendum after the Coup in Kiev.

No, you're attempting to rewrite reality.
Russia had a leased base in Crimea, the land was Ukrainian.
Any attempt to annex that piece of land is an invasion of sovereign territory and an act of war.
You don't just get to claim a part of a country because you have a base there. To suggest that is ridiculous, and perhaps displays the arrogance of Russian thinking.

The real secret is the lies about what happened in Kiev and how the West, i.e., US and the EU (NATO) directly manipulated the internal affairs of Ukraine to foment the insurrection that resulted in the coup before the referendums in Crimea (and the East) to separate from Ukraine.

Proof? Evidence?
I would really like to see this, because every time someone claims it they either run away when challenged, or they offer normal diplomatic communications and involvement as some kind of "proof of the evil western plan!"

It's not sinister to have discussions with allies.

We now return you to to your regular 'Putin-bashing' programming.

We don't exactly need to try too hard to bash Putin, he invaded another country. That's all the reason most sane people need to "bash" him.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogJammer

But that's not what you just said. You said a week ago,

This did not happen......

What?
This makes no sense at all, please explain it.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I was following that thread and noone is or was claiming that the Russian invasion was a lie. Both the qoutes you posted are not claiming such a thing at all. You are just applying your own, false, interpretation.

What? This makes no sense at all, please explain it.

Like I said, what you said did not happen.
edit on 9-3-2015 by LogJammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

no doubt people that read these Russia threads know that the invasion of Crimea was denied by many ATS posters. Even one in this thread said there was no invasion and that it was a referendum! Putin himself says they sent forces into Crimea before the referendum by gunpoint yet they still refuse to admit it.

The Putin storyline memo's aren't getting out to the ATS Mother Russians fast enough. Can someone contact RT and speed up the propaganda delivery? It's getting annoying as the story changes.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LogJammer

That thread was started prior to your account being opened. So you were just reading it and not replying? Or you were using a different account that got suspended?

There sure are a lot of new accounts with the Mother Russia crowd! Wonder where all the IP addresses lead back to??? haha!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

We've also had plenty of those same people claiming that the "referendum" was entirely genuine and not forced at all, but this is obviously a lie considering Putin has already decided that Crimea was going to be Russian.

the fact that putin decided that crimea is going back to russia, doesn't contradict the possibility that the referendum was genuine. quite the contrary, there was a poll BEFORE maidan, and most people on crimea said they want crimea to be russian again.

so it's you that are rewriting facts and claims, thinking perhaps that ATS readers are stupid. your skill of twisting the facts is lacking.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

That thread was started prior to your account being opened. So you were just reading it and not replying?

You are aware that the reading of ATS threads is for the biggest part, done by non members? Is that a strange notion to you?

Or you were using a different account that got suspended?

Ooh yeah, maybe I was, then again.....maybe I wasn't.

There sure are a lot of new accounts with the Mother Russia crowd! Wonder where all the IP addresses lead back to??? haha!

Not to Russia, in my case anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
the fact that putin decided that crimea is going back to russia, doesn't contradict the possibility that the referendum was genuine. quite the contrary, there was a poll BEFORE maidan, and most people on crimea said they want crimea to be russian again.

so it's you that are rewriting facts and claims, thinking perhaps that ATS readers are stupid. your skill of twisting the facts is lacking.

What poll was that then? There was a gallup poll in May 2013 that showed 53% favored an autonomous Crimea within Ukraine with only 23% wanting to be part of Russia....

Link

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Exactly, Russia leased the Naval base in Sevastopol, not the entire peninsula!

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I don't think anyone denied Russia taking Crimea. It is good to see Putin come out with a full admission of the decision. Goes to show how much more trust worthy the Russian government is than the west.

Lets see the west come out with a documentary on their decision to destabilize the Ukraine. I am sure they their reasons, so lets see who's reasons gather the most support. Denial is not a defence.

What a spin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join