It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Second Coming" gives those in power an excuse to wage war perpetually

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
The bible says that "wars and rumors of wars" are supposed to happen before Jesus comes back to fix things. In my opinion this gives those in power impunity when it comes to their perpetual wars because those who believe this dogma see war as the harbinger of Jesus' return.

How long have we been waging war against each other? For all of recorded history. Jesus seemed to be stating the obvious here, when has there ever NOT been "wars and rumors of wars"?

Those who believe Jesus will come back do not do anything to stop these wars because they believe it will bring about Jesus' return, basically giving those in power a free ticket to profit off of genocide because the majority believe "Jesus is coming THIS time, I'm sure". Why would they want to stop Jesus from coming back by stopping wars from being fought?

Why have we been complacent about war throughout the past 2,000 or so years? Agreeing to fight in them and even going as far as supporting them full-force? Because the majority are taught war will herald Jesus' return and that their ticket to heaven will be cashed in. How long have people been claiming "the end is near"? For as long as we have been fighting wars.

Not only is Jesus' return a war manifesto, it is an event that will bring massive destruction and death to the world. In that light, Jesus is the harbinger of death, even his birth resulted in the slaughtering of the innocents by Herod.

In my opinion those in power have created the perfect war manifesto in the myth of Jesus returning after war to fix everything. It has resulted in countless wars being accepted because "Jesus is coming", the majority being complacent about them being waged on that basis. Even today we see Christians celebrating the coming of ISIS because they believe it is prophecy being fulfilled. They may say they do not like ISIS, but in reality, deep down they hope they are the bringers of the Apocalypse of Revelation and thus the return of Jesus. In that way they support them while mouthing they don't in my opinion.

We need to end war, not support it and hope for it. Wake up people, you're supporting the cause of the elites.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For once I agree with you. There has been a lot written on ATS about this though. Acceptance of an end times scenario that religions are preaching about have indeed affected our lack of action in fighting against wars and especially the current world situation. I therefore take the action of writing to my government rep whenever there is more emphasis on that side of things. It's not much, but even if it serves to annoy my government decision maker, then all well and good. At least he knows someone is paying attention.

That events are being coordinated to fall into step with current myths, expectations and beliefs makes me wonder how they will pull it off.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." in Matthew 5:9.

If the peacemaker is the real Son (child) of God, then who is the Jesus that promotes war and destruction? By definition, it is the ANTI-Christ.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I totally agree with you here, but this calls into question some other things Jesus supposedly said:

Matthew 10
34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

And:

Luke 14
26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

Yet he also says this:

Mark 3
25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

If a house divided cannot stand, why does Jesus tell us to hate our families (members of our house)?

There is a clear divide within Jesus' words here. Could it be that Jesus spoke some but not others? I think it's a possibility.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Those whom sin in full-knowing, and expect to be forgiven unconditionally...are fools.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That many of the religious are mindless automatons who don't think and simply puke scripture in response to everything that happens and everything that is said is evidenced here on ATS. Instead of thinking for themselves, they simply flip a swithc an puke scripture.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: arpgme

I totally agree with you here, but this calls into question some other things Jesus supposedly said:

Matthew 10
34 "Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

And:

Luke 14
26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

Yet he also says this:

Mark 3
25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

If a house divided cannot stand, why does Jesus tell us to hate our families (members of our house)?

There is a clear divide within Jesus' words here. Could it be that Jesus spoke some but not others? I think it's a possibility.

Not a word attributed to Jesus was written until two generations after he allegedly lived (if he ever lived and that is doubtful). The words were written by men who never heard him say anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

You keep saying this but it has no real meaning when you consider the fact that the words are still there to be read. I do not subscribe to a belief that a man named Jesus actually existed. What does exist though? The words that were attributed to him.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Wrong Christians want peace and will die for it, it is Christian dogma to turn the other cheek but we are all flawed so I myself would not do so, foolish if you know the truth because those with true faith are protected and if they die here they still live and will never die.

It is against Christianity to harm other's even your enemy's who you are supposed to bless.

But this is a bad world at the moment with madness and war driven not by religion (Except for the Isil lunatics), they would simply find another excuse, no it is as it always was about power, money, control and land.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

So you would end all war at the expense of Jesus coming back?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Your premise is false.

You said:

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The bible says that "wars and rumors of wars" are supposed to happen before Jesus comes back to fix things.

What you're quoting is Matthew 24:6, in which Jesus says:

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come.

Jesus' point is not that 'Wars and Rumours of Wars' are the "harbinger of Jesus' return", as you've claimed, but the opposite. This isn't a sign; it's a NON-sign.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Awen24

How so? Revelation speaks of war and death taking place before Jesus' return, since it is in the book it WILL happen before his return right?

Revelation 6
1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds of wheat for a day’s wages, and six pounds of barley for a day’s wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!”

7 When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” 8 I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

War, famine, and plague are to take place before Jesus' return.
edit on 3/9/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Indeed - but the war in Revelation is not the "wars and rumours of wars" that Jesus is speaking of in Matthew 24.
What Jesus is saying in those verses (Matthew 24:1-14) is that these things will be the normal status quo, right up to His return: that the events that occur immediately prior to His return will not be normal events, but supernaturally severe.

So, when He says:

4 Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

...He is talking about the things that will occur during the intervening timespan.
The return of Christ isn't heralded or characterized by "wars or rumours of wars" - the time prior to that (which is indeterminate, no time frame is given) IS.

The sign Jesus gives regarding His return occurs in the next verse. "Then the end will come", He says - then He procedes to talk about the Abomination that causes Desolation. THAT is the first sign of the End mentioned in Matthew 24.

link   

We are powerless to end it, the Christians unless you did not notice are a minority these days with many claiming to be Christian but not actually so and most wars like I say are about resources and money, greed and power so driven by those who inwardly at least definitely do not believe in God as they are seeking to make themselves into petty god's by taking this power.

link   

I admire you for saying this. It's true. Religion and the beliefs that circle around it give people the greatest excuse for war. War is a business, an enterprise and I dare say it has been around a helluva lot longer than even the worlds oldest profession because Cain was a spear maker. Weapons and war are the foreign element that was introduced to the peace loving and harmonious Earth. We did have some Golden Years. Those were the days. Before we were tainted, and mixed with this warring reptilian species. Seriously...a snake? Come on...it couldn't be clearer. Anyway, that's my hypothesis and I am sticking to it. I basically agree that war is an invention of men but it's a business, like any other. You can find it on the DOW Jones if you break up it's components. We are in a diorama - and the wealthy elite few are arranging the pieces for their amusement, profit and pleasure. They do, because they can.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Interesting to me that the Jews do not believe Jesus Christ was the son of God. They are still waiting for the first coming. I wonder for the life of me how this does not make them anti Christ. I mean you either believe Christ lived and was the messenger and inspiration for Christianity (whether Christian or not) or you don't. I think he lived and was trying to send a message of how we all should behave. Christ was a peacemaker. Kind of a hippy.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Sorry, but you're the one regurgitating here. You clearly have no interest in religion other than to contradict those who do at every opportunity, so there is very little point in you posting in this section.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

While his contribution may be negligible? Contributions from non-believers should not necessarily be so. We are capable of reading scripture and adding thoughts. And if your position is we cannot understand scripture because we lack the appropriate spiritual understanding to do so, well then I would ask how conversions to the faith happen to begin with.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Can you name a single war which has been promoted by the people in power on the basis that "we need to have wars like this for the sake of the second coming"?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I did not imply what you said there. We're all equals around here so far as I'm concerned, nobody has any more rights than another and I sincerely respect this. I also do not claim to be an expert in any particular field. What I do have a gripe with is when somebody whom spends a lot of time demanding substantiation of facts, then presents the inflammatory opinion that religious people in general are "mindless automatons" who "puke scripture". I'm all for freedom of expression, but that kind of talk is asking for trouble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join