It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA finds Dog in checked luggage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Each airline has its own rules about how to bring a small dog in the cabin or a larger dog in its crate with the checked luggage.

Not in the checked luggage, as an independent Chihuahua discovered on Tuesday.

Luckily for the dog, the TSA screens all checked luggage. The officers in search of more dangerous items found the dog and called the owner, who had not intended to bring her darling dog on her Tuesday trip. The woman's husband took the misbehaving pooch home.

TSA finds Dog in checked luggage

The TSA's security procedures do not prohibit you from bringing a pet on your flight, but a more breathable crate is suggested.

I don't know what this dog's name is, but it definitely needs to be renamed Houdini! LOL My cat tried the same thing when I was moving to PA.

I was constantly removing her from my suitcase over and over. It seems this dog snuck his/her way in on this poor owner. Luckily her husband was able to come pick the dog up and TSA knew she wasn't trying to smuggle her dog with her. LOL Our pets will do anything to be close to us! This story definitely proves that. Hope you all enjoy the lighthearted smile this story brought to my face. I hope it brings one to yours.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Oh yeah, been there also. Kitty made it into the carry on and into the car, but I darn near drove through the neighbour's house when I stepped on the gas to leave the driveway. A blood-curdling wail came from the back seat, so he was discovered.
Shook me up though and taught me a good lesson as I once traveled a lot.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Oh yeah, been there also. Kitty made it into the carry on and into the car, but I darn near drove through the neighbour's house when I stepped on the gas to leave the driveway. A blood-curdling wail came from the back seat, so he was discovered.
Shook me up though and taught me a good lesson as I once traveled a lot.

Luckily I wasn't flying, I was driving, and she was too big to "hide" her fat butt, so I found her right away. She did live up to her name though. My cat's name was Trouble. LOL Boy was she constantly looking for it. SMH I loved her to pieces. When I went to move North, my sister's dog, who hated her originally, had fallen in love with her and became playmates, so my sister asked if she could adopt her. I knew my sister would take very good care of her, so I gave my blessing. Trouble was constantly getting my sister's dog in trouble by digging holes in the backyard and making my sister think it was her dog doing it, that is until she caught my cat red-handed and texted me photos. LOL I thought it funny. My cat thought she was a dog. She played fetch, chased cars, dug holes, you name it. Eventually she took off and hasn't been seen or heard from since. I just hope and pray she's safe wherever she is.

Trouble digging a hole

Trouble digging a hole while my sister's dog Tiger looks on for tips

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
totally cute puppy. i've been a long time dog owner, lived with cats too. I know they like to sneak into boxes and things like luggage. especially if they know you are going on a long trip. but, how often do you think a dog can sneak into a piece of luggage without you being aware of it at all until the luggage is checked?

So this woman is packing her bag, at some point the dog sneaks into the luggage without the woman seeing and buries itself under enough close to not be noticed at all. Then the dog stays in place or sleeps until the woman zips up the suitcase and starts to go on her way?

I would assume that she would have noticed the heavy weight when picking up the luggage for the first time, but maybe not. Or heard it moving around? Chihuahuas are pretty vocal/energetic dogs to begin with. I would imagine that thing would be barking up a storm once it was being rolled/carried around. There's no way I can see the animal being comfortable enough to just stay perfectly still the whole time from house to luggage check, no scratching, no whimpering and no barking?

The story actually kind of upset me a little bit because I wouldn't be surprised if this woman just wanted to take her dog along with her for the trip and thought it would be convenient/less expensive to just put her little pup in her luggage like it were a pair of shoes. Then when she gets caught its all, "oh, how did you get in there poo-kins!?" "let me call my husband to come pick em up".

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
totally cute puppy. i've been a long time dog owner, lived with cats too. I know they like to sneak into boxes and things like luggage. especially if they know you are going on a long trip. but, how often do you think a dog can sneak into a piece of luggage without you being aware of it at all until the luggage is checked?

So this woman is packing her bag, at some point the dog sneaks into the luggage without the woman seeing and buries itself under enough close to not be noticed at all. Then the dog stays in place or sleeps until the woman zips up the suitcase and starts to go on her way?

I would assume that she would have noticed the heavy weight when picking up the luggage for the first time, but maybe not. Or heard it moving around? Chihuahuas are pretty vocal/energetic dogs to begin with. I would imagine that thing would be barking up a storm once it was being rolled/carried around. There's no way I can see the animal being comfortable enough to just stay perfectly still the whole time from house to luggage check, no scratching, no whimpering and no barking?

The story actually kind of upset me a little bit because I wouldn't be surprised if this woman just wanted to take her dog along with her for the trip and thought it would be convenient/less expensive to just put her little pup in her luggage like it were a pair of shoes. Then when she gets caught its all, "oh, how did you get in there poo-kins!?" "let me call my husband to come pick em up".

I have a Chihuahua mix and yes, they are extremely energetic!

I can tell you now, for my own dog, there's no way in heck she'd hide in a suitcase (quietly no less!) without me knowing it. I guess it's a possibility the dog fell asleep, certainly, but who's to say. I would think if it were kicking up a fuss, TSA would have heard it. There's no mention that they did hear it, so I assume it was being quiet and well behaved, quite unlike my own. LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

lol, cute! with her little arm around her toy. is that a lamb? haha

and that's what i mean though, i really can't see a chihuahua just chilling totally silent and not going crazy to get out. especially with hardly much air inside there, or so i'd imagine.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
a reply to: Anyafaj

lol, cute! with her little arm around her toy. is that a lamb? haha

and that's what i mean though, i really can't see a chihuahua just chilling totally silent and not going crazy to get out. especially with hardly much air inside there, or so i'd imagine.

No that's her Duckie. Most of her toys are Pink pigs, but a few are something different. This one happens to be her Duckie. LOL

top topics

join