It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont believe in the climate.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

edit on 142585138603bSun, 08 Mar 2015 16:49:46 -0500pmthu03u46 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
Does this mean my weather rock is giving me fraudulent forecasts? !?

When it's wet, it's not really raining?

Well, damn. . .

shhhh...

Don't give away our Canadian weather forecasting methods.

Or at the very least, our Canadian weather right now methods. I'm trying to sell our weather rocks on ebay.

Peace

edit on 8-3-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Climate is only a figment of the Earth's imagination... I personally however believe in proofreading your own headlines before posting, lol.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't believe in climate either. . Let's call it ilmasto

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I dont believe all the HYPE surrounding anything to do with the word Climate. Yes we have weather and prevailing (people need to define that term there for one) weather conditions in areas and specific areas, but how do you harness something or define something that is constantly changing and has always BEEN changing. Where is the scope set to define a 'normal' climate for any one particular area? What are the requirements to define what areas are supposed to have what weather?

How do you control something that has no bounds one way or the other?

See how its all made up? Who determined that this area was supposed to have this weather condition? Who set the standard? What time line are they using? The current atmosphere only takes up a tiny fraction of space on a linear time line of earth. A dot is what it would be on that graph. So how can we say 'This is the only atmosphere that earth can have', it doesnt work like that.

AND we are just wasting money and resources trying to save it. That particular problem isnt going anywhere, period. Our earth will eventually become unihabitable for our species. So lets explore and work on colonizing the moon, Mars, more space stations, Europa, etc...etc..

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Go back to bed. Maybe a long sleep might bring some cognitive activity.
Heaven help us if we share the same planet; I like this one and you have no idea on science or the responsibility of caring for it.
a reply to: tastyrawmeat

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: phishfriar47
I dont believe all the HYPE surrounding anything to do with the word Climate. Yes we have weather and prevailing (people need to define that term there for one) weather conditions in areas and specific areas, but how do you harness something or define something that is constantly changing and has always BEEN changing. Where is the scope set to define a 'normal' climate for any one particular area? What are the requirements to define what areas are supposed to have what weather?

How do you control something that has no bounds one way or the other?

See how its all made up? Who determined that this area was supposed to have this weather condition? Who set the standard? What time line are they using? The current atmosphere only takes up a tiny fraction of space on a linear time line of earth. A dot is what it would be on that graph. So how can we say 'This is the only atmosphere that earth can have', it doesnt work like that.

AND we are just wasting money and resources trying to save it. That particular problem isnt going anywhere, period. Our earth will eventually become unihabitable for our species. So lets explore and work on colonizing the moon, Mars, more space stations, Europa, etc...etc..

Wouldn't it be simpler and way cheaper to build bio-domes for people to live in here on earth than going to the moon or Mars? On top of that, there is internet service here and we can sneak out and go to McDs.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

You must mean climate CHANGE? We're trying to tell you your error. Climate is real. It is a thing, a process, a standard of temperatures in a given locale.

So we are ASSUMING you are talking about the current topic of "climate-CHANGE". There is such a thing, both real and normal, and not so much and man-caused...if that's what you meant by missing the word CHANGE. Which you did.

Or are you foolin"? Clarify please...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Or are you foolin"? Clarify please...

Well, he did say we all learned about things like sauerbraten and spaetzle (my favorite Teutonic plate) in school, so....?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This is what happens when you conveniently rename the theory of "anthropogenic global warming" to the all-encompassing terminology of "climate change" (a term that's been in existence long before AGW ever made it's public debut).

By doing so, the newly renovated terminology now suggests that anything related to the words "climate" and "change" is manmade and all our fault.

The greatest mindf**k game ever played.

Kudos to the puppet masters for coming up with this one.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If you're talking climate change... I remember the summers of 193-8 all scorchers. Now not so much. But as otherpotherposts show, some will disagree. A lot of it is down to memories, we remember long hot summers that maybe weren't hot and long. Scientific data aside obvoiousky. We live too short lives to judge from memories or experiences of current weather.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tastyrawmeat
I have heard a lot of information and I think dis information about the temperatures across the planet. Some say they are going up, while others swear they are going down. It seems like no one really knows for sure. I dont believe in the climate that other people are saying is happening. IF there really is a climate, then surely it would have been there for centuries, but if you look back through old scriptures and writings, there is no mention of it.

I think possibly that this is a modern day invention designed to focus our minds away from positive frequencies.

Well, seeing as how we only have daily weather records that go back to the late 1800s at most in some areas, there is no way to confirm with factual data that the tempurature rise and extremity of the weather is part of a long standing pattern or not. The drought in California can be attributed to patterns found in the research of geologists. The pattern of ice ages is a well known fact and if the ice age pattern were to continue we are overdue for a new one.

Climate change is a real thing that happens fairly continuously throughout all of Earth's history and in the long run when you're looking at billions of years climate change is as persistent as daily weather patterns.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Well I can guarantee that London is warmer than it's ever been...

The Winter that just passed was not what I'd associate with Winter...

Last Summer was pretty much unbearable heat wise...

I think the rising stats you're actually referring to is CO2...

Because I don't need any apparatus to state factually London is getting warmer by the Season.

I don't have any way to test CO2, nor any historical data to compare it too.

As far as I know London is getting warmer partly due to the built up enviroment and anount of concrete and tarmac.

It's literally soaking up the heat like a sink and then releasing it over the winter knocking up the temp by a small but noticeable amount.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

That may play a part, pal...

But I don't know how that would cause the Winter we just had to be the warmest I've ever known...

I was leaving windows open and not wrapping up as in previous years...

We had about 45 minutes worth of snow around 3am on one day out of the whole season...

Crazy stuff.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I dont believe in the climate that other people are saying is happening. IF there really is a climate, then surely it would have been there for centuries, but if you look back through old scriptures and writings, there is no mention of it.

WHat? There's no 'climate'?

Please tell me English is your second language. There is most definitely a "climate" - and also, there is "air" - that you can't see, but you need to live.

Sheesh.
It's been here far longer than humans. And it will persist long after we're gone. Whether or not you could live in it is another question altogether.

edit on 3/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: WOOPS! Typed "beer" instead of "been". Thanks, Freud.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I think it has been proved that the earth is round and not flat, and obviously everyone learns about the Teutonic plates at school, but I think its time for a radical rethink about climate. What if both sides have got it wrong, the climate deniers and the climate believers. I used to have a huge old oak tree in my yard, one year it got dutch elm disease and got blown down in a storm. When I was clearing it away, I had a look inside its trunk, and there were no rings at all! none, nothing.

So, boymonkey was right!!! Well done, sir (or madam) - is that you Tina Fey? Trying out for Jon Stewart's job?

Aha----hahaaahahaa....Ah. I needed - I mean REALLY NEEDED - a good belly-laugh. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tastyrawmeat
I think it has been proved that the earth is round and not flat, and obviously everyone learns about the Teutonic plates at school, but I think its time for a radical rethink about climate. What if both sides have got it wrong, the climate deniers and the climate believers. I used to have a huge old oak tree in my yard, one year it got dutch elm disease and got blown down in a storm. When I was clearing it away, I had a look inside its trunk, and there were no rings at all! none, nothing.
Teutonic Plates?

When did this become a discussion of dinnerware?

Okay all joking aside. The temperate climate of the early earth is what allowed mega-creatures like Dinosaurs to flourish, that coupled with an oxygen-rich atmosphere.

The multiple ice-ages that geologists can prove are also clear indications of climates changing over time.

There is your answer. Dinosaurs and Ice-Ages means climates change.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Added him as a pal.

Me, too! Some badly needed comic relief. I just wish I could write comedy as well as I can improvise it. I'm hilarious in person - with someone to banter with.

Anyway - how's your climate today? Ours is unseasonably springlike in a notably unseemly way.

Our general experience in weather conditions is, over the last few years, quite changed.

edit on 3/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

193-8

A.D.? Wow. You're really old, then.
And I thought at 56 years I was getting to be an elder.

edit: What is otherpotherposts ?

edit on 3/9/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I really hope the 8 people who have flagged this thread have done so for its comic value and not as a sign of agreement with the OP

Otherwise I really will have to find a new place to waste time

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join