It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Caught Stealing $1 Billion From Pensions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

He should get whatever one of us "peasants" would get for doing the same thing.

Maybe even more for the abuse of power.

IMO
edit on 8-3-2015 by FalcoFan because: forgot to add IMO

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

...just like Christie's investigation into Bridge-gate.

Did you mean the Justice Department?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sheeple please, he's a republican - of course the liberal media is going to attack him.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hey Swills, The problem with setting up a Private Pension System is, that those managers who run the private systems are thieves as well. When they're caught they use their Politician and Judicial Buds to just get them off with a small fine and they don't even have to run with the loot. Just live their nice elite lives behind the gates of their upscale communities. We are now at the point where the only laws passed are to control the 99 per cent and let the one per centers off Scot Free with all their frauds. Good Thread and Peace to you
Arjunanda. a reply to: Swills

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I really think you're just arguing semantics at this point. Lemme ask you this, besides being against the pension plan as it is how do you feel about the increased fees since Christie took office?

If you want to see the graph, as I've said, it's in the video. Unless TYT made the graph they'll be sure to source it in said video.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Same guy. He loves to bully people around. Some find it charming. Bullies love bullies.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

As far as parties go, I hate them both. On stage they're always against each other while promising this and that to their respective followers but at the end of the day they're all in it.

It's a big club and you and I are not in it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Of course they are, and vice versa, but that does that excuse his actions?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Oh I know, nothing is perfect but at least if it's private you can leave it and sue, press charges, etc. For now the state is in charge and since when does government spend tax dollars responsibly while taking responsibility for their own actions?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm not surprised.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Gov. Christie Shifted Pension Cash to Wall Street, Costing New Jersey Taxpayers $3.8 Billion

That link is not a labeled. It's about a pollution suit with Exxon.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...just like Christie's investigation into Bridge-gate.

Did you mean the Justice Department?

No, I mean when he set up his own investigation team into Bridge-gate.

Christie’s effort to investigate himself
Christie is innocent, says Christie-ordered internal review
Christie announces that he will investigate himself over pay to play claims
Chris Christie clears Chris Christie of any wrongdoing

So let's see how he handles this latest scandal.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
I really think you're just arguing semantics at this point. Lemme ask you this, besides being against the pension plan as it is how do you feel about the increased fees since Christie took office?

I am against all waste in government.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

No, I mean when he set up his own investigation team into Bridge-gate.

If there was any wrong doing in Bridge-Gate the Justice Department would have indicted him on the malfeasance.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
trigger happy animosity

Feb 23, 2015

A judge has ordered Republican Gov. Chris Christie and the state Legislature to put more money into pension funds for retired public workers.

Unions for public workers sued Christie after he announced last year he would not make the full pension payments he had agreed to in a 2011 overhaul that was one of his main accomplishments. The plaintiffs' lawyer said Monday a $1.57 billion payment has been ordered.

Monday's ruling from Superior Court Judge Mary Jacobson is a major blow for Christie and could force big changes in the state budget late in the fiscal year. The state government is expected to appeal.

Judge Tells Chris Christie: Put More Money in Pension Funds

The rents too damn high!

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

What is your motive here guy? I am no fan of Chris Christie either but your title of your post implies that he personally stole that money. Nothing in the articles even remotely imply such a distorted untruth. His 2016 budget only provides for a partial amount necessary to meet prior years benefit totals.

I don't need to copy and paste any part of the articles you linked to to prove this point. All that is required is to read the article titles.

Chris Christie: Higher pension payments in New Jersey could mean higher taxes

N.J. trooper unions sue Christie over shortchanged pension payment in proposed 2016 state budget

Your spin is transparent.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It's not only him who is doing this. It is not only the Republican party either. Look at the contribution numbers. This started to jump when they allowed Corporations to donate a lot of money to the parties.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

try this one

crooksandliars.com...

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Sounds like The Young Turks are getting instructions from somewhere.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

tks

Too bad there will never be a change to the rip off banking system.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join