It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the blind be able to own firearms?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: bullseyelqcs

I think you can add Alabama.

I was staying away from there on general principle, but if they fall into that group as well, then there is another reason not to go there.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: eisegesis
They can exercise common sense just as the rest of us can..well most anyway, what they cannot do is positively identify the target..pretty damn important part of "firearm responsibility"
Im Canadian so this just does not make sense..sure own all you want just don't shoot them..I dunno this is crazy.

Maybe if they asked politely.

"Sir, are you breaking into my house?"

"If so, can you stall a little while I load my shotgun?"

Good night folks!

That gun just might be the last line of defense between a person and their government. Being blind already puts them at a disadvantage.

edit on 8-3-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

What about drunk? What about enraged?

Drunk and enraged are part time occupations, blindness is full time.

I could pass a flight test, too… in a simulator.

As far as comparing firearms to cars, it was for "passing the test" to operate one safely.

I can't even imagine someone showing up to a 'safety' range poking his way around with a cane and 'looking' for the firing line. I guess I can, actually. It would make great comedy.

Realistically, If one can't even walk unaided onto the range, its obvious the safety instructor will step in at that point and refuse service.

Or get fired…

ETA: redacted YOUTUBE

edit on 8-3-2015 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

heh heh. You know I could repost Jimmy Kimmel, right?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

West Virginia is passing a law which allows law abiding citizens to conceal carry without a permit. It's already passed through the Senate with a 32-2 vote. It was supposed to go through the House today.

Link

Kansas is voting for the same thing.

Link

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: intrptr

heh heh. You know I could repost Jimmy Kimmel, right?

You could go hang gliding while blind folded too, but I wouldn't recommend it.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Yes the Blind should be able to own firearms and they should be paired and sold with e sight glasses for them...

that way it would make sense, but then you may say they are no longer blind...
edit on 8-3-2015 by 5StarOracle because: .

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: Phage

West Virginia is passing a law which allows law abiding citizens to conceal carry without a permit. It's already passed through the Senate with a 32-2 vote. It was supposed to go through the House today.

Link

Kansas is voting for the same thing.

Link

The Constitution was never meant to be a suicide pact for the country, nor was is supposed to supercede common damned sense.

The Constitution was designed to keep the federal government in check AND to define the rights that each of us have that others can't violate. Unfortunately, when the idea of someone who can't visually identify a target but wants the right to shoot at it comes up, I can almost assuredly tell you that the founders wouldn't have been in favor of allowing that to happen unchecked. It creates a safety issue for the populace at large. They would wholeheartedly understand and support that limitation being enacted.

As to the above articles....it never ceases to amaze me that people still think that way. Having to register to own a gun isn't that big a hassle, and the idea that since criminals are going to be criminals anyway doesn't negate the fact that not registering your weapon is part of what makes a gun toting criminal a criminal. If you remove that requirement, then it becomes a situation where almost (not all, admittedly, but a large portion) all crimes committed with guns are committed by what were once law abiding citizens. As it is now, people are trying to pass it off as if every crime committed with a gun is done by someone who was already a criminal before they committed the crime, and we all know that isn't the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join