It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to be immortal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bramble Iceshimmer

Yeah but I would want the ability to stand outside the timeline to observe and/or participate in history. Once outside you could reenter the timeline anywhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I want proper immortality..a undying soul that can, whenever desired, basically merge into a short sighted limited lifespan creature for perspective. Do this over and over to get many different experiences and refresh myself. so, the soul is immortal, but the perspective is constantly new and invigorated when needed.

Just being myself for an eternity with my collective experiences piling on and on without a new perspective would become tiresome, but yeah, the whole readventure thing sounds fantastic.

So

If there is indeed a afterlife, I am gonna assume that that's the setup since it makes the most sense as to why we are here to begin with.
We are in a game. lasts about 70-100 years, and reinvigorates you with brand new eyes

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
tbh, I just want a long spanning lifetime with advanced holodecks. Imagine the amazing simulations people will design

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Borisbanger

You seem to understand this almost like an older person would.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You seem to understand this almost like an older person would.

I was a tortoise in my last life

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes Immortality would be good, as long as I was able to get off planet. I would like to see the universe.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Not if I had to remain anchored to the awareness of space and time like we are now. If I had to spend an eternity measuring out the fullness of every single minute, hour, day ... I think I'd go insane.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Hmm. Only if I had faster than light travel. Space is a very large and lonely place.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If being immortal means I don't *have* to eat or drink, & that im impervious to extreme heat/cold, then yes.

If it means I am just a normal human who doesn't age or die but would be miserable without shelter, then good jesus no.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Oh sweet Mother of God, NO. I have spent 48 and a half years on this world so far and I am already feeling as though I've lived longer than people probably should. Don't take that the wrong way. I love life and am quite happy when I wake up every day. I am not morbidly fixated on any level.

But you reach a point where memory becomes far heavier than it should be. Those who have come and gone for all sorts of reasons... The pets that you fall in love with and only get to spend a few precious years with before they leave you heartbroken... Seeing the world and values change literally before your eyes and seemingly with no warning and with such speed that you can scarcely comprehend it much less understand or relate?

And that's just my personal, emotional thoughts.

Rationally speaking: Look at the absolutely disgusting lack of value that so many place upon human life today - even when it's finite and fleeting. Imagine how much less human life would be worth to the world if it were not finite? Even now we live as semi-free slaves to a system we cannot comprehend due to it's complexity and universal influence. Imagine how much more power and influence that mechanism would have over eternal beings? Imagine how much less we'd matter and how much harder that system would work, tax, and abuse.

Nope. Not going to live forever - not even if it becomes possible during my lifetime. Utopian dreams always lead to dystopian worlds.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I think being immortal and living way past when all life on earth was gone would actually be a curse.

Assuming my previous parameters were met:

Worst case scenario: everyone but you dies, & you get to wander the earth in wonderful solitude, not having to worry about nutrition or discomfort or deadly plants/animals.

I'm sorry did I say worst case? I guess the only thing better was you can survive on or in any atmosphere/world. Either you'd see humans get off planet, get found by aliens one day, or wait for an asteroid to hit Earth & catch a ride through space.
edit on 12-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
No! Life is too hard, it is cruel.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I went to a forensic neuropsychologist when I was 25, & she determined I was having the equivalent of a mid life crisis.

I said that makes sense, why the hell would anyone wanna live past 50!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I would absolutely not want to be immortal. Yes, it would be interesting to see how life develops and what the future holds, but I think after a while, I'd naturally tire of this life and physical body. Not to mention how awful to keep seeing people you love pass away, while being left alone time and time again.

posted on Mar, 15 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

It may sound esoteric, but we already are. Time on earth is but a blip in the great expanse. With that in mind, the greater question is how do you want to return from where you once came?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join