It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Rand Paul “Largest Tax Cut in American History” (2016 game changer?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

If I could give your comment 10 stars and flags I would. You are exactly correct. The framers of the Constitution knew exactly what they were doing. The point where everything started going down hill was in 1913 when the federal government sold out to the crooked banksters and industrialists by ratifying the 16th and 17th amendments.

There is incentive happening now to hold a convention amongst the states to ratify a balanced budget amendment. That approach is not the proper direction a convention should take. Repealing these 2 sellout amendments is.

Ten stars for your post!

PS: the person , persons that finished selling us out were George Bush 1 and Slick Willy Clinton by ratifying NAFTA. That was the last nail in the coffin.
edit on 6-3-2015 by CharlesT because: kjnuno

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oddly enough when we look back at the time of Amricas strongest economic growth we also see its highest tax rates. When taxes get cut the economy slows. Why exactly that is I am not sure but, that is s what history tells us.

We already have the 3rd lowest tax to GDP rate in the developed world a trend nobody says we can keep. Cutting more is a fantasy.
edit on 6-3-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Rand will close overseas bases to accomplish this.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
KANSAS is a shining example of what happens when you cut taxes and expect the rich to trickle down the economic boom to the middle classes.

The state is completely broke, they're introducing new fees for everything under the sun, are millions of dollars in the hole for deficit spending (Which is illegal for states, which by law, must have a balanced budget).

Reagan proved that when you cut taxes and spending, deficit spending goes out of control. Bush Jr also showed this to be true.

When Clinton raised taxes and cut spending, deficits, not surprisingly, dropped dramatically (and ended up as a surplus) and the Middle Classes prospered.

Lowering taxes across the board has been shown to never work. The richest Americans are already capped on their taxes anyway (and most of them are maxed out on their tax bill) so raising taxes on money over $1 million really won't make a bit of difference. People who don't understand why raising taxes on the rich doesn't matter need to read up on how the tax code works.

The only true answers are (A) get rid of income taxes completely and replace them with a flat, across the board sales tax, zero loopholes. You'd need a sales tax of about 15-18% to raise the revenue lost from income tax. A sales tax would ensure that the richest Americans paid their fare share. (b) You close all corporate loopholes and have corporations pay their fair share, but ONLY on money made in the USA. The idea of taxing American corporations on their worldwide profits is INSANE.

While I do agree with your assessment of Kansas and trickle-down economics, I do not agree so much with your flat sales tax proposal and/or how well you think it would work.

What's to stop the wealthy from buying their big-boy toys in foreign countries with little or no sales tax?

Furthermore, how is it not a huge tax increase on the poor?

Bottom line is, when it comes to funding our national budget, you can only get the money from where the money is.

So the real question becomes; Where is the money and how do we most fairly & effectively access it?

ETA; Oh yeah, to the OP, I wouldn't vote for Rand Paul to be my dog catcher much less for POTUS!
edit on 6-3-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Rand will close overseas bases to accomplish this.

No he won't, because the corporations that supply those bases and reap the profits, paid for by the American taxpayer, won't let him. Bad for business....and going up against the military/industrial complex is a recipe for disaster for any politician.

Now he won't even get the nomination!

Neocon Bush in 16. Mark my words...

edit on 6-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: greencmp

Repeal the 16th amendment and don't pass an amendment allowing a national sales tax, let the states try to make up the lost revenue so citizens can use the non-political mechanism of voting with their feet to force limits to taxation.

Repeal the 17th amendment to restore senators to being chosen by their state legislatures as it was meant to be to maintain the carefully planned balance of powers.

No welfare at all (corporate or otherwise) at the national level, let the states handle that too.

Close the loopholes and drop the corporate tax rate which is a major reason we are losing so many corporations and so few are choosing to incorporate here.

Let them repatriate their profits, don't force them all the way out by trying to confiscate their foreign capital returns.

Basically, follow the constitution.

Music to my ears... you're singing my favorite song!

Not just follow the Constitution -- although the importance of which cannot be understated! -- but let the free market work. Consumers are really the most important factor in any economy. Neither the tax code nor the corporate charter should be used as a weapon against the citizens. Social engineering does not work and only compounds problems by creating new problems. Let nature take its course and we all win.

Indeed, I am beginning to detect a very real concern from the interventionists.

The arrogance is way up, the facts are way down and the informed conversations are waylaid.

Most are falling back on the classic "the damage is already done, the free market can't make a comeback anymore", etc.

We know that the free market is never gone no matter how many people you subdue or kill, even the USSR had a thriving black market.

It is time to reassert our core nature and stop this insanity.

edit on 6-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka
I'm somewhat a rand Paul supporter, but this is impossible.

We are running a true deficit of 800 billion, without cutting taxes a cent there is not 800 billion in cuts to be found. The real problem we have is medical expenses, unless his plan can somehow dramatically reduce those costs, and we cut defense by 80 percent this claim is just bs.

The truth is economically we are screwed, we are in way to deep in debt, our only way out is bankruptcy. Anyone that says otherwise is either a liar or stupid.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Oddly enough when we look back at the time of Amricas strongest economic growth we also see its highest tax rates. When taxes get cut the economy slows. Why exactly that is I am not sure but, that is s what history tells us.

We already have the 3rd lowest tax to GDP rate in the developed world a trend nobody says we can keep. Cutting more is a fantasy.

What history doesn`t tell you that during the time of exceedingly high tax rates,practically everything was deductible,credit card interest,Dr.s visits,Union dues,work clothes,shoes,etc and etc.Nobody paid the high rates and I mean nobody.
Cutting more is not a fantasy,there is at least 20% fraud and waste in all Government departments that can be cut.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: greencmp

If I could give your comment 10 stars and flags I would. You are exactly correct. The framers of the Constitution knew exactly what they were doing. The point where everything started going down hill was in 1913 when the federal government sold out to the crooked banksters and industrialists by ratifying the 16th and 17th amendments.

There is incentive happening now to hold a convention amongst the states to ratify a balanced budget amendment. That approach is not the proper direction a convention should take. Repealing these 2 sellout amendments is.

Ten stars for your post!

PS: the person , persons that finished selling us out were George Bush 1 and Slick Willy Clinton by ratifying NAFTA. That was the last nail in the coffin.

Yes they did!

If we can get two thirds of the house and senate to approve the proposed repeals, we can skip the executive branch entirely and send it to the states for ratification. They better not try to propose a new amendment, only repeals will be tolerated.

I was always mystified that people would fall for the idea that a "free trade" agreement would require new legislation and not simply the removal of protectionist tariffs.

Hopefully we are more grown up now.
edit on 6-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The way to this.

Eliminate debt based money. Doing so eliminates all debt and interest payments by our government. Eliminating taxes does away with the IRS. Letting social security invest rather than tax would cut spending greatly in that program. Printing the money the government spends provides the additional money supply needed for Americans to build assets for old age.

Next issue please.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Indeed, I am beginning to detect a very real concern from the interventionists.

The arrogance is way up, the facts are way down and the informed conversations are waylaid.

Most are falling back on the classic "the damage is already done, the free market can't make a comeback anymore", etc.

We know that the free market is never gone no matter how many people you subdue or kill, even the USSR had a thriving black market.

It is time to reassert our core nature and stop this insanity.

Yes! Supply and demand is the ruling market force, whether in the open or in the shadows. It's natural law, and natural law always prevails in the end.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I call BS. Cut what? Defense? Social Security? Food stamps? As if. Would only create bigger financial problems elsewhere. You'll see your federal taxes go down and your state taxes double as they're forced to make up the difference. He'll never make it to office but if he did what you'll hear is: 'Well, I tried.'

And then business-as-usual.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Unbelievable. Hellboy on one side and Satan on the other. Bush used tax dollars to give rich bankers a huge amount of money just before exiting the white house in a royal giving the finger to the people and then Obama worked even more on increasing debt. Something that should have been massively illegal and resulted in their arrests and prosecutions with the Law enforcing return of the tax dollars to the people and their programs.

But, instead everyone went, baaaaaa...... baaaaaa... they don't even lift a finger to write in angry letters because even if 70% did that, there would be change, it would be noticed and law officers would do something.

Now on the other hand, with massively increased debt, this golden boy could get the country out of debt by decreasing taxes to the wealthy (the poor shouldn't even pay until they reach middle middle class and then only a token AND all banks should be taxed 15% for program funding out of profit with huge laws with big teeth and penalties if they increase that to the consumer), by what?????? Gutting every program and leaving millions to die, WOW GREAT PLAN!!!!!

I think they all need to be tarred and feathered and dropped into shark infested waters.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This obviously looks good, and would be good, but this is nothing but a pipe dream..Literally.

The word change can be misconstrued and manipulated in many ways if you all haven't already noticed. Nothing will obviously change for the good, but will change for the bad. Besides 2016 has already been dictated on what or will happen.

Only good change will come when everyone rises above the tyranny that rules us.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

double post
edit on 11-3-2015 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join