It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jodi Arias and the absurdity of our justice system.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello.

I’m a bit upset.

The truth is I’m pissed off but it sounds better if a person claims they’re upset.

Why is one person allowed to override the decision of eleven people? Common sense dictates if eleven out of twelve people make a decision then the majority get their way.

What happened to “democracy”? What happened to “the majority rules”? What happened to "common sense"?

I don’t think I’m the only person who views this as a classic case of how the justice system in America fails.

Jodi Ariias Verdict

It took just one juror to spare the life of convicted murderer Jodi Arias on Thursday — and the woman had to survive an attempt by her colleagues to boot her from the jury before she could do it. In the end, the jury voted 11-1 in favor of death — not enough to send Arias to death row in the case that became a global sensation with its tawdry revelations about her sexual relationship with the victim and that she had slit his throat so deeply that he was nearly decapitated.

It is what it is......just wrong.

(thanks 4 reading.)

edit on 6-3-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think the judge should have sent them all back and told them to stay until a unanimous decision was made, time is not an issue. The one hold out, I heard, is a bit of a jodi fan and even quoted her a time or two.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

How dare they make us have a unanimous decision before we kill somebody.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

7 people say death penalty. 5 say no. Meh, good enough lets go home or else we'll miss our soaps!

Cool fact: many places that allow a "majority rules" verdict to be sufficient DON'T allow it in murder trials or sentencing

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The death penalty... yeah... good idea that really sanctifies life, has nothing to do with base revenge and is never, ever wrongly given to an innocent.

Frankly, in this world, a life sentence is much, much crueler... even out of prison.

top topics

join