It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If true,then Ukraine's government is getting ready to run

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm not talking about the entire conflict. I'm talking about the Crimea referendum and annexation.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: CharlesT

So far the death toll is up to almost 6k with another 1.8 million displaced. As soon as Russia withdraws its occupation forces from Ukraine and peace comes back we can get a better idea of the counts.

6k dead and another 1.8 million displaced in Crimea??? Now you're really gonna have to provide some evidence...

The Russian occupation is still ongoing, where it has moved from Crimea into East Ukraine. When Russia withdraws its occupation forces we can find out the numbers.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I'm not talking about the entire conflict. I'm talking about the Crimea referendum and annexation.

Ok I will play the game...

The number of people killed by Russian forces in Crimea is the same number of ethnic Russians killed by ethnic Ukrainians prior to Russia invading.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What the hell does an agreement between the UN and NATO have to do with Russia. Man all you do is misrepresent facts and statements and post unrelated articles claiming they support your arguments, When that fails you go into a denial loop. I was going to say 'I won't even waste my time reading your BS but I think I'm going to do exactly that and then correct them with the truth.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Apparently you like to run your mouth more than you like to read. had you spent the time to read you would have seen I responded to another poster who specifically invoked that info.. incorrectly might I add.

But thanks for demonstrating your abilities

here is a novel idea... instead of attacking me how about you refute the information you "have issues" with?

Thanks for demonstrating your abilities of critical thinking and response.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
I also see you are once again pushing the same Nazi BS.

What kind of BS are you pushing ?

That Ukraine is fine, that golden age is upon them, that US is fine, that US had nothing to do with coup in Kiev

BS if I ever saw one

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Well, I'll not play this "game" any further than just to say your last reply says more than the print. Just have to read between the lines to make the observation that you can't support a casualty claim for Crimea.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aaamok88

And we have another winner of the open your mouth and swallow your leg club.

My issue is and has been that they use the term Nazi in a blanket manner, attributing to anyone who doesn't agree with the Russian lies. For some strange reason though they can never provide a list of the Nazis in the Ukrainian government. They then ignore the fact Russia has more Neo Nazis / ultra nationalist groups in their Duma than Ukraine does in its Parliament.

you up to speed now?

You want to call someone a Nazi im ok with that so long as the evidence is there to support it. In the cases they invoke they fail to do that.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well, I'll not play this "game" any further than just to say your last reply says more than the print. Just have to read between the lines to make the observation that you can't support a casualty claim for Crimea.

translation - You got beat at your own game.

Feel free to show me the casualty numbers of ethnic Russians in Crimea at the hands of Ukrainians, considering this was the initial excuse Putin used to invade Ukraine.

If you don't want to play games then don't bring them into the thread then get pissed.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Man, you are making me laugh now. As I previously stated, you can't. I'm outa here.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When Russia withdraws their forces from where? Crimea? It must be because that's the only place with Russian government forces. Tell you what where are all the pro-Kiev Crimean/East Ukraine refugees where's the tent cities holding these refugees and where are all the western media interviews of these refugees? Why did 1 million Eastern Ukraine refugees run to Russia to avoid the civil war? Isn't it kind of strange for all these anti-Russian refugees to go east instead of west.

Where's all the humint and elint you know handheld video and drone/sat images of these massive Russian convoys moving into Eastern Ukraine. There isn't any because it isn't happening.

Why did Crimea try to hold a referendum on separation in the 90's but weren't allowed by Kiev?

Answer these questions with facts not your opinion orrandom links to unrelated topics.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Man, you are making me laugh now. As I previously stated, you can't. I'm outa here.

Like Is aid you cant argue the point so you leave.

No problems...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Carry on the good fight. I refuse to continue bantering increasing belligerence back and fourth so I leave this thread in your competent hands.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Crimea was allowed to hold 2 or 3 referendums over the years and all of those votes failed. If you are going to argue a point is there any chance you can research to get your history right?

The first vote was held in 1991 and failed.
The second vote occurred in 1994 and That came after a unilateral attempt by the Crimean parliament in 1992.
The third failed attempt occurred in 2014.

The Ukraine constitution allows for any of its regions to leave Ukraine. The vote requires the entire country to vote to approve since it changes the country as a whole.

why did the USSR give Crimea to Ukraine?
Why did Russia sign a document acknowledging the borders of Ukraine, which include Crimea?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I'm very sorry, I associated the wrong avatar to you. Please forgive me? Please?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

After seeing about 4 of your posts early in this thread

I started reading and every time realized this is western propaganda

I Am not reading your posts anymore

At least make them shorter

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I'm very sorry, I associated the wrong avatar to you. Please forgive me? Please?

OK accepted, sometimes apologies are just needed...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Regarding the referendums you answered your own question in that it was a national referendum not a Crimean referendum. It sucks to have majority rule when you're a minority I suppose.

Why did Kruschev give Crimea to Ukraine? That's a good question and one that is still being asked to this day. There is no logical reason for Kruschev to have done that. Especially when 3 out of every 4 people on the peninsula were Russian and not Ukranian. Considering both the Ukraine and Crimea were Russian controlled for 300 years it was doubtful Kruschev could of foreseen the dissolution of the USSR.

It was part of the Budapest Agreement and at that time Russia had more problems to worry about than Crimea and Ukraine which at the no doubt at that time seemed a reasonable decision. No one has ever accused Yeltsin of being a great leader though and in fact history has proved he was a lame duck and probably incompetent.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae Anything related to Russia is crap, come on Chernobyl an ideal example. Those poor should leave and head west, no easy answer. The writer of this article sounds like a communist, I till haven't given up on them.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the poorly constructed reply and the total avoidance of my questions for the most part. I answered yours do you have a suitable retort for mine?

As for your link, apparently I missed it. Thanks for linking the original comment though so I could review the context. Oh wait you didn't! Guess I'll have to use my critical thinking skills and find it for myself.

Very mature by the way but it was expected.
edit on 3/6/2015 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join