It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Second Coming is real!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't believe in the Abrahamic god, I'm only pointing out the contradictions that are present in Christian doctrine. I believe in a God that allows free will AND forgiveness to all at the same time. My God doesn't choose favorites, he sees all people as his children worthy of being saved, even the most evil. If someone hurts someone else they will either suffer the consequences in this life or the next. Maybe they'll be the victim instead of the attacker next go around.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Humans can be very adept at numerology, there is nothing divine about numerology being present in the text in my opinion. Lots of other works have numerology in their texts, that doesn't mean they're divinely inspired.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Purgatory is Catholic doctrine, very European kinda... like Iron Maiden!

everybody likes Maiden right?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is our "First Coming" because we do not remember our past lives and the "Second Coming" is our reincarnation/resurrection into a new body that is free from "sin" in our next life, a way for our sins in this life to be forgiven and us being given a fresh start again.

If this is our first coming, and the next is the second coming, is the second coming not the same as the first when taking reincarnation into account? What about before? How many firsts are there before the second?

Jesus says that he will be with us "even to the end of the age". What is your age? It is the amount of time you've been here on Earth, so what if what Jesus meant by the "end of the age" and "judgement day" is the end of our "age" here on Earth? "Judgement Day" isn't an event that happens to everyone at once as the common interpretation claims, it is doled out on an individual basis upon the death of each person.

End times are cyclical In eternity and the end of a age is not the end of the world. It could mean anything from a indevidual life, a generation, the rise and fall of a whole civilisation, or a time span in the movement of the zodiac. Picses?

Eternal life isn't what Christians think it means, they believe they will be transported to heaven never to die again, having a continuous experience from the same perspective for eternity. How boring does that sound? After a hundred years I'd be sick of living the same life, I'd want a fresh start with the chance at new experiences from a fresh perspective. What if "Judgement Day" is that fresh start, where karma "judges" our actions and decides where we deserve to end up?

Eternal life can be experienced now. The second coming can evoke such experiences...

The life of jesus is synced with the suns movements through the "ages" or constellations. And each zodiacal and yearly cycle along with seasonal change offers a opportunity for a phscological change, each year a death and rebirth. Like the sun/son, one can be born again or resurrected in a new spiritual body and perception of reality.

When asked, Jesus said to enter the kingdom the deciples must become "like" babies.

edit on 6-3-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Yes this "First Coming" is the "Second Coming" as well, I call it "first" because this is the "first" time experiencing from this viewpoint. I use the terms loosely because we have "come" an infinite times before this, if that makes sense. "The first shall be last and the last shall be first" kind of fits in here in a way.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

And He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation.

To be a image of the invisible god is to be a invisible image. If you are the image of your father it means you look like him. What part of you is invisible? 

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities — all things have been created by Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.

Its all in the Mind.

He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the first-born from the dead; so that He Himself might come to have first place in everything.

Could this mind be submerged in spirit? "the first born from the dead", 

"The first is the last, the last is the first" (before and after life)

For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

When dwelling in the spirit with the spirit dwelling within you there is a oneness and unity that can be explained as reconciliation between all things and self. The spirit reveals the truth.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Dude. Just find another religious text, and quite teaching everything your demonic spirit guides whisper in your ear.....

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wifibrains

Not sure if you've seen my thread on Jesus as the image of God but it delves into this topic of the image. It's in my sig if you haven't read it yet.

The invisible God is the Spirit that dwells within us, the force that animates the body and gives rise to consciousness. The image of the invisible Spirit is the image of light (the light of the world) your two eyes create.

"When your eye is single your whole body will be full of light", the single eye is the image that is full of light, the image that constitutes your vision, what you are "using" to read this right now.

My thread goes into more detail if you care to check it out.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I don't believe in the Abrahamic god, I'm only pointing out the contradictions that are present in Christian doctrine. I believe in a God that allows free will AND forgiveness to all at the same time. My God doesn't choose favorites, he sees all people as his children worthy of being saved, even the most evil. If someone hurts someone else they will either suffer the consequences in this life or the next. Maybe they'll be the victim instead of the attacker next go around.

How remarkably similar our conceptions of God sound.

Mine allows you free will, and He will forgive you too every time you sincerely turn back to Him. Regardless, we will all stand before Him in judgment. And, make no mistake, though all can be forgiven, all will likewise be held in some way accountable too for the things they've done in life.

Although I don't believe in reincarnation. We get one shot here. Thankfully. I don't think I could stand to do this twice.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

There is one difference though, the only "hell" my God sends people to is a place like Earth, there is no eternal torment/separation and no need for belief in anything. If you are a genuinely good person you will be saved, if you are an evil person you will also be saved, but your actions determine where you end up in the next life.

If you do not learn your lesson while here on Earth ("hell") you are sent back to a similar planet until you get it right. If you do learn your lesson maybe you're born on a planet that doesn't war with one another and spread lies, maybe you'll end up on a planet that was similar to ours before we started messing everything up.

Imagine a planet with nature in control instead of man, that's a place I'd like to be. I do good to others and love them so I think I'm on my way to that place. You probably are too because I'm sure you are a good person, your belief has no bearing on your destination, only your actions and intent do. I'm sure you do good, so you will be "saved" either way as well.

"If you want to remain in my Father's love, keep my commandments." Loving others and doing good to them are the commandments, if you do those things you remain in God's love. I'm sure you are in God's love right now ketsuko, I know you're not a bad person at heart.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Hey, address the topic and not me personally please. If you address me instead of the information in the topic I assume you have nothing to refute it with.

I'm not demon possessed, if you met me in real life you would know that, but since all you have are my words you do not know me so do not assume things about me. I'm one of the nicest people you'll ever meet but I guess since I disagree with you that means I'm evil? That's not very fair of you servant.

Those who wish someone to be silenced are usually the ones who feel threatened by the words being spoken.
edit on 3/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Never called you demon possessed. Plus I wasn't being serious about you talking to spirit guides.

But now I am curious do you talk to spirit guides?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

1Tim 4:1-2 1 But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,

ServantOfTheLamb raises a legitimate concern. Demon influence is a subtle but dangerous thing, and it does not always manifest as possession. The biblical distortions that you try to pass off as wisdom and truth fit the bill of demon influence, and this thread is proof of that.

You dont know the bible. If you did, you wouldnt teach these lies, so please go go harass the muslims and buddhists, but before making another commentary on the bible, get yourself educated in the scriptures. There are two possibilities here; you are either grossly ignorant on the subject if the bible, or you are maliciously trying to up-root the Christian faith with your pseudo-gospel. One scenario makes you a fool, the other make you a thief of a man's faith and security. Neither one is honorable.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The bible says that no one knows the time the Second Coming will take place. What else does no one know the time of? Their own death. The Second Coming is also referred to as Judgement Day. When we die, our actions in this life are "judged" and we are sent to a place that warrants our actions in this life.

I think your spot on with this interpretation; Judgment day happens when we pass over IMO…even if there is a long waiting period (which I seriously doubt) it will be like the twinkling of an eye, from our own perspective experience…

And yes, we will be judged for our actions in this life, but it will be a karmic judgment IMO…I think Jesus use of the word “judgment” was in direct connection to a Karmic judgment, and this was changed by the early RCC, to make it about judgment in either, Heaven or Hell.

Maybe we were all bad people in our past life which is why we ended up here on Earth where suffering is the norm, we were sent here as a sentence for our past actions in past lives, giving us a chance to "repent" and come to knowledge of the truth.

Problem is, some people living on Earth, are having a beautiful life here, and some are not…

I think the Universe contains a multitude of Kingdoms, and some of those worlds are fallen and some are not. Everyone is on their own specific spiritual journey, and must learn through the good and bad, to get to their own individual destination…but the main point is to experience life in as many ways as possible, while improving your own spiritual state, which in turn, allows you to enter a range of many different Kingdoms…

Maybe the Second Coming symbolizes a natural process instead of the literal coming of Jesus in the clouds? If reincarnation is true (which I believe it is) then what if the "Second Coming" is our rebirth into another body?

IMO the second coming is the receiving of the “Holy Spirit”…which is how one enters/perceives the Kingdom of Heaven. Of course you’ll be still be in the Kingdom, when you pass over, but where you go from there, will based on karma and where you’re personally at spiritually IMO…

I personally think the word “clouds” was a metaphor for Spirit, i.e both wind (oxygen) and Water (H2o)…plus the imagery, because clouds are like Spirit.

Jesus says, you will see The Son and Father coming on the clouds of Heaven etc, which IMO means, within your own Consciousness/Spirit i.e. the Kingdom within you. And of course you will (see/know/understand) The Son and the Father, when this happens within you!!!…

Matthew 16:28
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

We know that in the above verse, that those things didn’t occur in reality i.e. all those men passed on, before Jesus apparent second coming; but of course, Jesus meant they would find the Kingdom within, which is the real second coming IMO, and it also explains why they wouldn’t taste death, i.e. spiritual death…

- JC

edit on 7-3-2015 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I don't speak to any spirit guides. If you mean actual people that is. The only "spirit guide" that I "speak" to is through meditation and within myself.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The only "spirit guide" that I "speak" to is through meditation and within myself.

Is this an actual separate entity? Or is it just you?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Children told to believe the bible without question before they ever read it for themselves are "grossly ignorant" on the subject as well, but I guess since they are told to believe in what you believe they get a free pass right?

The majority of Christians have believed in the Bible before they ever read it for themselves you know. Where's the outrage over that?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Let's not make this thread about me... again. This is a common trend I've been noticing lately, people deflecting the topic onto me instead of addressing the OP.

But to answer your question, it is the Spirit within me that guides me. It is both. I am part of it but it is greater than me.
edit on 3/6/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

I agree with your assessment Joe! The second coming has a double meaning I think, meaning spiritual awakening during this life and after death.

Your analogy about the clouds is spot on as well, I've never thought of it like that before! Thanks for that.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Even if reincarnation is true do not mean we get a new shot as the same person. Birth amnesia. Also reincarnation do not automatically mean it is always earth in a human body.

John 14:2-3Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

2 In my Father’s house are many places to live. If there weren’t, I would have told you; because I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 Since I am going and preparing a place for you, I will return to take you with me; so that where I am, you may be also.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join