It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

non-Secularized Nations a Global Problem?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It seems to me that this is the real clash of civilization in the world today...

I do not believe in religious holy wars in the civilized world, although some of the infighting from non-secularized nations do bleed through and end up in the civilized secular world.

In England for instance... England is a Christian Nation and they seem to be having a hard time at it. England is not the only non-secular nation still left in Europe, there is a short list of ambiguous data claiming these few European nations are in fact not "secular" nations.

It can get confusing... that is why we must refer to founding documents of said European governments and policy that is in place.

Here is the ambiguous list;

Argentina
Finland
Germany
Indonesia
Lebanon
Malaysia
Myanmar
Norway
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
Thailand
United Kingdom

Most all of the non-secularized nations now reside in the Muslim majority nations.

I believe these nations should become secularized (including England and our European counterparts) and by "secularized" meaning "Freedom of Religion" and not State Atheism like we have in Communist countries such as China.

How can we in the civilized "secular" world bring the secular debate to nations which are causing conflict because of religious institutions running governments and also the secular debate into even European nations who appear to be part of the civilized world but the fact of being non-secularized says other? Besides England and some nations are hot spots for religious flareup.

propelsteps.wordpress.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

I don't think the UK is a christian nation at all.
Sure people put on the census christian because it is what they are used to but seeing the pews are all empty most sundays I think people are figuring it all out themselves.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
England does have freedom of religion and is far less religious than most countries. It just isn't secular as it still (rather ridiculously) has a state religion. In theory if only slightly in practise.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

There are several nations on your list that have freedom of religion. A couple of them are poster children for the success of non-religious societies.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I don't think the UK is a christian nation at all.
Sure people put on the census christian because it is what they are used to but seeing the pews are all empty most sundays I think people are figuring it all out themselves.

the UK is a Christian nation, I admire the trait, but I also understand a little better now where the likes of Richard Dawkins comes from.

England or Norway for that matter is not on the list of secular nations.

www.freepatriotpost.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.ibtimes.com...

may I see your Charter please?

edit on 6-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

There are several nations on your list that have freedom of religion. A couple of them are poster children for the success of non-religious societies.

personally I believe they are running a little behind.

if you would like to debate any of them I will like to do it with their documented charter/constitution or founding documents.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Do you think the best measure of religious freedom is a countries constitution? In practise freedoms in a country often differ markedly from what is written.
England is not in practical sense a christian country. The US (With separation of church/state) is much more christian.

top topics

join