It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs scientific advancement.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dewts

To be a Christian you have to believe that there is such a thing as god magic, jesus performed sorcerous acts with his god magic. Magic is anti-science. Christians believe in god magic, that makes them anti-science.

No my friend. To be Christian you have to believe in Jesus 2 commandments :

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

So i will ask you again. What my personal beliefs has to do with actual science ?

Peace

edit on 7-3-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Dewts

originally posted by: undo

what is unscientific about healing, cloning, changing the chemical composition of a liquid, defying gravity, floating/flying in the sky, artificial insemination and so on?

Magic. That is what is unscientific. Also alchemy doesn't work. The bible tells us those things happened via magic.
If you are making the argument that these things happened and they are the product of technology that's something different altogether. Of course there is still no evidence for that either.

it says it was miraculous not magic. but if it's explainable with science, then it isn't impossible. chemically changing a liquid isn't impossible. in fact, as long as you have enough electrons, neutrons and protons, you can make pretty much anything with science. did i say he turned ice tea into gold? well no, he made grape juice from water.

Which is IMPOSSIBLE. It is impossible to get all the tannens and acids and sugars and everything else in wine from solely hydrogen atoms and oxygen atoms. It is IMPOSSIBLE.

Those things the bible claims happened, happened via magic. To believe them is to be anti-science. And you, for some strange reason, differentiate between "miracle" and "magic". That's like this British woman I saw interviewed who said she'd happily give up some liberties for freedom.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You hate Christian don't even try to act like the victim. You post your hate in every thread you find relating to mostly Christianity.

Instead of debating you spread hate and generalizations about Christian. I know lots of people who don't like being called sheep

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AinElohim

I swear I great preached at more about anti-theism more than any Christian on ATS. If i were to post anything about religious belief I would need water because the same ole atheist crowd will flame me to death

How come the OP can put up a inaccurate graph that has an obvious bias data and the atheist in ATS start clapping?

If I used that graph in college my professor would fail me

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Those things the bible claims happened, happened via magic.

No, they happened via psychic ability. Everyone is psychic, to some degree. Mystical disciplines such as meditation make psi stronger.

To believe them is to be anti-science.

No, it is more like being anti-materialism. There's a difference, since there is a very large body of scientific evidence that says psi is real.

👣

edit on 043SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

Those things the bible claims happened, happened via magic.

No, they happened via psychic ability. Everyone is psychic, to some degree. Mystical disciplines such as meditation make psi stronger.

To believe them is to be anti-science.

No, it is more like being anti-materialism. There's a difference, since there is a very large body of scientific evidence that says psi is real.

👣

Present it. Present your evidence. Show me the science. Them maybe tell me how your psychic ability is transferred. Is there a force physicists somehow missed? A particle that carries that force? Please explain.

And then also explain how "psychic powers" are capable of creating atoms out of thin air (the water to wine example).

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Present it. Present your evidence. Show me the science. Them maybe tell me how your psychic ability is transferred. Is there a force physicists somehow missed? A particle that carries that force? Please explain.

And then also explain how "psychic powers" are capable of creating atoms out of thin air (the water to wine example).

Here are a couple of fantastic vids that will open your eyes. The first is by Dr Michael Persinger, perhaps you've heard of him. Rock solid evidence is presented.

👣

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Here are a couple of fantastic vids that will open your eyes. The first is by Dr Michael Persinger, perhaps you've heard of him. Rock solid evidence is presented.

👣

An hour long video?
Link the studies! And when you can't, apologize instead.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

An hour long video?

If an hour is too much time for you, then posting a bunch of studies won't help you, since it would take you much more than an hour to read them.

So, maybe you could find the time for the vids. If not, oh well. I tried.

👣

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

An hour long video?

If an hour is too much time for you, then posting a bunch of studies won't help you, since it would take you much more than an hour to read them.

So, maybe you could find the time for the vids. If not, oh well. I tried.

👣

Does that mean you can't find them?

edit: I have looked into his work, and nothing you attributed to the abilities of jesus the psychic was ever covered, in any way, by Persinger. Not even close. How can you make these claims seriously?
edit on 7-3-2015 by Dewts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I think you should watch the vids and then find the studies that the vids refer to yourself. If I do the work for you, you won't learn.

👣

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I think you should watch the vids and then find the studies that the vids refer to yourself. If I do the work for you, you won't learn.

👣

First off, what he is saying, is nothing like what you are saying. He is talking about remote viewing, you are taking about levitation.

Secondly, if you make a claim, be prepared to support it. You made a claim. It is your job to find the studies.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: boymonkey74

You hate Christian don't even try to act like the victim. You post your hate in every thread you find relating to mostly Christianity.

Instead of debating you spread hate and generalizations about Christian. I know lots of people who don't like being called sheep

we need a shock collar... when ex-catholic priests come anywhere near little lost souls they get a jolt!

hi there little fella... ZAP!!!
edit on 7-3-2015 by AinElohim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

👣

First off, what he is saying, is nothing like what you are saying. He is talking about remote viewing, you are taking about levitation.

I appreciate your point. According to scripture, Jesus did things we might call remote viewing, psychic healing, and mind over matter - all of these are manifestations of psi. Parapsychology is the branch of science that studies psi.

"I have always seen parapsychology as the "earthing" of the spiritual. In our experiments we explore the psychic in a very logical, rational, exoteric manner. We assign clearly demonstrable proof ratings to the different variables. In such a manner we have inadvertently confirmed many spiritual teachings, for example that one's attitude or belief about something may actually affect the occurrence of that particular matter. Faith, it used to be called, although now it is "the sheep-goat effect," was said to be able to move mountains. Jesus spoke quite extensively on the incredible effect of faith, which has now become transmuted into attitude, and the Hindus have a spiritual path centered around faith called Bhakti Yoga. Our modern terms are more applicable to our present society, but underneath the change in terminology the concept lives on.

Another example of the "earthing of a religious concept" occurs when doing a ganzfeld or other free-response experiment. The first thing the participant is taught to do is to become aware of the content of their mind. This action is what the Christians call contemplation and the Buddhists call mindfulness, and it is the first step in meditation, the first step in learning how to develop one's mind. The state of consciousness that the ganzfeld induces is to be found in quite a number of different religions as well, albeit induced in radically different methods, such as getting up and chanting at 3 a.m. the point in common with all these methods is the aim to create a state of consciousness whereby the conscious mind is stopped, thus allowing one to access material from the collective unconscious."

-Serena Roney-Dougal

Jesus was a very powerful mystic. As I mentioned earlier, the techniques of mysticism, such as meditation, augment psi. Not just for Christians, for Buddhists too.

Secondly, if you make a claim, be prepared to support it. You made a claim. It is your job to find the studies.

I did support it. The videos describe many, many studies. If you have a problem with spending a little time with videos, then I guess this issue just isn't important enough to you. In which case, why should I lift a finger for you.

👣

edit on 079Saturday000000America/ChicagoMar000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I did support it. The videos describe many, many studies. If you have a problem with spending a little time with videos, then I guess this issue just isn't important enough to you. In which case, why should I lift a finger for you.

👣

You did support it?

You said Jesus created atoms out of thin air, and levitated, and all the rest, through his psychic powers. Then you posted a video about remote viewing. There is no connection between what you claimed, and what you presented as evidence. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You said Jesus created atoms out of thin air, and levitated, and all the rest, through his psychic powers. Then you posted a video about remote viewing. There is no connection between what you claimed, and what you presented as evidence. Nothing.

Yes, there most certainly is a connection. The problem is, you don't know enough about parapsychology and religion to see it. You're a newb. So watch the damn vids, and learn. Or f*** off.

👣

edit on 085SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes, there most certainly is a connection. The problem is, you don't know enough about parapsychology and religion to see it. You're a newb. So watch the damn vids, and learn. Or f*** off.

👣

Sorry for dealing with reality. Here in reality the laws of physics exist. In your world people can think atoms into existence. In reality we have the 1st law of thermodynamics. Persinger doesn't say you can think atoms into existence, so your vid is useless to this conversation. Swear at me all you like, it doesn't change the inanity of your position.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Wow!!!

To be a Christian you MUST be anti-science.

Isaac Newton?? That name ring a bell?? There are plenty of others.

That is a huge assumption attempting to default through but not very intelligent.

As a Christian I was just in an A2W power plant. Last year I spent most of it in an A4W plant and also an S9G Plant.

What is that about science? Lots of scientists and mental types here abouts...right next to the NASA Langley Research Center. Lots of moon rocks to be found in this town as well.

I'm afraid lots of people who believe in God are also scientists and engineers..and have no problem with what they now or teach. I even know people who work for The Sandia National Laboratories..who are Christians.

What on earth are you thinking here Dewt??

You in your own way are out there with BoyMonkey.

BoyMonkey,

Hitler was a Christian...

Not possible. As I have stated ..the religion and Belief is not spread by the sword or burning at the stake. Once someone goes this route ...they have lost the candlestick. No longer a New Testament Church but outside the Faith.

There is no such instruction for a New Testament Church to spread the Faith by the sword or burning at the stake. You will not find in the instructions for a New Testament Church.

This comes out obviously when Atheists and unbelievers use the Church at Rome to represent all of Christianity by default just as they are attempting to so use Adolph Hitler. You will also notice that in some photos of the Nazis and the Church at Rome..the signing of the agreement ..the concordat with the Nazis in 1933.

IF you scroll down in this link...you will see who was there at the signing of this condordat with the Nazis.

hebrewvisionnews.blogspot.com...

Under the appropriate photo you see this caption...

“The picture shows the signing the Concordat by Cardinal Pacelli (later to become Pope Pius XII). Far Left is Prelate Ludwig Kaas. Seated second from his left is Franz von Papen (a German nobleman, Catholic politician, General Staff officer, and diplomat, who served as Chancellor of Germany (Reichskanzler) in 1932). Standing at the far right is Vatican prelate, Montini, later to become Pope Paul VI.”

When you see this photo in most publications Giovanni Monti is cropped out ...he is at the right of the photo in the background. Giovanni Montini was to go on to become Pope John Paul VI.

I learned by this that it is ironic that most unbelievers must needs use and misuse Rome to represent All of Christianity. It is not so. And also by this twisted logic ..they must also use the Nazis to represent Christianity by default when their conduct like the conduct of others does not conform to New Testament instructions for a church.

One does not have to go that far back into history to see a counterfeit taking place. But that is not what education today records or teaches. It is often right in front of us when we do the research. Many would not believe it even when shown..but there it is. An agreement between the Nazis and Rome.

This kind of pattern recognition can be taken further ..even unto more recent times ..but again..most would not believe it even when shown.

Orangetom

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

(shh don't telll anyone but to turn water into grape juice, you just add grapes)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

thanks for the links. i'm gonna have a look see.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join